HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

SJCI's Mock

Old
03-01-2013, 05:14 PM
sjci

vCash: 207
SJCI's Mock

Thought I'd give this a go. Picks based on standings as of March 1st. Most of these picks were made based on prospect pools, and team strengths/weaknesses.

C Nathan MacKinnon
Columbus will be more than happy to select a top line Center. While Jones is an definitely a possibility here, Columbus goes with the more sure bet in MacKinnon.

D Seth Jones
Washington has plenty of skill up front. No debating here as Jones is the man for them, while also being BPA. He's still growing and learning to use his size physically, but Jones has all the makings of a top pairing D-man.

LW Jonathan Drouin
The Sabres most likely would've loved for Jones to have dropped to them, but they certainly won't mind scooping up perhaps the most prolific member of the 2013 draft. Weak organizational on wing, the Sabres hope that Drouin, while perhaps slightly undersized, can become the next Briere or Kane.

C Alexander Barkov
The Panthers are very strong up the middle organizationally, but Barkov is a too good a talent to pass up on. Florida may opt to trade down in the 8-12 range. I see their biggest need at Defense and I'm sure plenty of teams would line up for this pick.

C Elias Lindholm
The Islanders again have a high pick and go with a top C talent here. Lindholm would be able to slot into the 2C spot as most believe Strome will move over to wing to play with Tavares. Lindholm is your prototypical Swede playmaker.

C Sean Monahan
Impressive big man with offensive talent, just lacks the flash of the other top players. Shame he didn't make the Canadian U20s team, but Monahan will be a key player in next year's World Juniors. Captain of the 67's, Monahan is everything you could hope for in a top pick.

RW Valery Nichushkin
Yzerman sure likes his Europeans, specifically Russians. Nichushkin is a pure scorer with size and power. Their is the KHL factor involved, but Tampa is willing to take the risk and hope that he does the likes of Tarasenko.

D Rasmus Ristolainen
The Avs need help on defense badly. Big, strong, and skilled, Ristolainen would certainly help.

D Darnell Nurse
Think of a top four defense of Schultz, Smid, Klefbom, and Nurse, and you see why Edmonton picks the big D-man.

(Via Rangers)
LW Hunter Shinkaruk
Columbus strikes gold with their second pick in the 1st Round. Shinkaruk has top level skills and plays with an edge. His size may be an issue, but it hasn't stopped him so far. Columbus hopes that Shinkaruk can play the part of Drouin to MacKinnon in the big league.

Philadelphia Flyers - D Ryan Pulock

Phoenix Coyotes - RW Adam Erne

Winnipeg Jets - C Alex Wennberg

Carolina Hurricanes - C Frederick Gauthier

Dallas Stars - LW Anthony Mantha

San Jose Sharks - C/W Max Domi

Minnesota Wild - C Curtis Lazar

St. Louis Blues - D Josh Morrisey

Columbus Blue Jacket - D Nikita Zadarov
(Via Kings)

Nashville Predators - C Kerby Rychel

Detroit Red Wings - C Bo Horvat

New Jersey Devils - LW Andre Burakovsky

Vancouver Canucks - Valentin Zykov

Toronto Maple Leafs - G Zachary Furcale

Pittsburgh Penguins - C JT Compher

Ottawa Senators - C/W Ryan Hartman

Boston Bruins - D Robert Hagg

Montreal Canadians - LW Anthony Duclair

Anaheim Ducks - LW William Carrier

Chicago Blackhawks - D Mirco Muller

Last edited by sjci: 03-05-2013 at 04:03 PM.
sjci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:15 PM
sjci

Two things come to mind after looking at it:
1) Zadarov ended up falling more than I thought.
2) Duclair is an easy pick and I know a lot of people will say the Habs could grab him in round 2. I just felt like rather than taking the chance of him not falling to later 30s, the Habs just decided to grab him now.

Notable Players missing from Round 1:
Shea Theodore
Nic Petan
Jacob De La Rose
Jason Dickinson

Last edited by sjci: 03-01-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old
03-23-2013, 06:09 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Love the Toronto pick!! If by the draft we're picking anywhere from 18-22 (trying to be realistic), I would want us to take Fucale. Scrivens can't control a rebound to save his life, and Reimer has had too many injuries for me to trust him in the pivotal number 1 spot. Other than them, we have nobody... and with Fucale's potential being a "franchise goalie" a la Carey Price, there's NO way we should pass on that.

George Maharis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:41 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Stars don't take anyone with character issues. We'd go with Morrissey or Zadorov at that spot.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
sjci

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Stars don't take anyone with character issues. We'd go with Morrissey or Zadorov at that spot.
The Stars have a pretty deep Def prospect field. But I could see them going with an Offensive D-man in Morrissey more than I could Zadarov.

I just felt that the Stars are so limited in LW prospects and one's that could have the scoring potential that Mantha has shown, that he was the most likely pick with the other higher end forwards gone. I also wasn't really aware Mantha had character issues?

Last edited by sjci: 03-23-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old
03-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Sundinisagod
next great swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Perhaps you're thinkin of Adam Erne?

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 05:59 PM
FrontOffice

Leafs definitely need help in the net but I don't see Fucale being a franchise goaltender. Although, at that draft position the pick makes sense.

Mantha is a nice pick for the Stars. Character issues are not in question with Mantha. It has been his consistency and compete level that have been knocked.

FrontOffice is offline   Reply With Quote