HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Mock Draft #2 by rey, Water Knight, stayinalive, and RR

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2013, 12:24 PM
  #126
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,234
vCash: 1815
The San Jose Sharks are proud to select with the 18th overall pick


Anthony Mantha of the Val d'or Foreurs.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:35 PM
  #127
pezcore
Registered User
 
pezcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St-Hubert, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
The San Jose Sharks are proud to select with the 18th overall pick


Anthony Mantha of the Val d'or Foreurs.
Thats the guy I wanted at #10 but with Nichushkin still available I had no choice.

Wouldnt be suprised if he goes between 10-15 in the draft. He's having a terrific season

pezcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:08 PM
  #128
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast
 
Jamie Benn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At The Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,855
vCash: 500
I apologize for not being here for my pick.

I was planning on picking Gauthier anyways, so thank you.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:14 PM
  #129
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,234
vCash: 1815
Minor nitpick in the OP, but I believe both Mantha and Nichushkin are 6'4, and Gauthier is 6'5.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=108661
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=104045
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=128500

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:30 PM
  #130
Water Knight
Registered User
 
Water Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinalive View Post
the Wild already have Kuemper, Hackett and Gustafsson. Not smart to pick a goalie that early IMO. Since Minnesota drastically needs D they probably should have traded down, get a extra 2nd and then select a D-Man
Tried to trade down didn't work out. Was in contact with 8 teams, but a deal wasn't able to be reached. The wild do need D, but there will be more chances at that later. Several Good defensman were taken infront of this pick and taking the others at 16th would be as much as a reach as taking Fucale with the 16th (depending on the D of course, not going to mention any names yet so as not to influence anybody).

Niklas Backstrom is 35 this year and Josh Harding is 28, so now would be a good time to grab a great goalie prospect. I mean Fucale isn't going to immediately come out of Juniors and go straight to the NHL. Goalies typically take awhile to develop and Fucale is the best goalie available in a draft with maybe 4 stand out goalies (not saying that others aren't skilled, just saying that most scouts point to the same 4 goalies as possibly seen as having enough skill to see them going in the 1st-2nd round).

Matt Hackett is a solid goalie prospect and there are still questions about how Johan Gustafsson will turn out . As for Darcy Kuemper ,unless his game picks up I don't see him making the NHL. On top of this I think Fucale is a better prospect/ has a higher ceiling then Gustafsson and Kuemper and maybe a little better then Hackett.

So basically following the goalie pipeline imo they'd have two solid goalie prospects in Hackett and Fucale to potentially replace/backup Harding after Backstrom hangs them up down the road.

To long to read?, here are some quick points, for full context/explainations and even more points read above :
I know I took him early ,but I didn't have a choice (multiple deals fell apart). Even if they do have some depth in the goalie position, this means they have the time to give a potential franchise goalie to grow into his role and grow his skills. Backstrom is 35, Harding is 28, so the timing to bring another star prospect into the system is right.

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:55 PM
  #131
TheNudge
Registered User
 
TheNudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
Tried to trade down didn't work out. Was in contact with 8 teams, but a deal wasn't able to be reached. The wild do need D, but there will be more chances at that later. Several Good defensman were taken infront of this pick and taking the others at 16th would be as much as a reach as taking Fucale with the 16th (depending on the D of course, not going to mention any names yet so as not to influence anybody).

Niklas Backstrom is 35 this year and Josh Harding is 28, so now would be a good time to grab a great goalie prospect. I mean Fucale isn't going to immediately come out of Juniors and go straight to the NHL. Goalies typically take awhile to develop and Fucale is the best goalie available in a draft with maybe 4 stand out goalies (not saying that others aren't skilled, just saying that most scouts point to the same 4 goalies as possibly seen as having enough skill to see them going in the 1st-2nd round).

Matt Hackett is a solid goalie prospect and there are still questions about how Johan Gustafsson will turn out . As for Darcy Kuemper ,unless his game picks up I don't see him making the NHL. On top of this I think Fucale is a better prospect/ has a higher ceiling then Gustafsson and Kuemper and maybe a little better then Hackett.

So basically following the goalie pipeline imo they'd have two solid goalie prospects in Hackett and Fucale to potentially replace/backup Harding after Backstrom hangs them up down the road.

To long to read?, here are some quick points, for full context/explainations and even more points read above :
I know I took him early ,but I didn't have a choice (multiple deals fell apart). Even if they do have some depth in the goalie position, this means they have the time to give a potential franchise goalie to grow into his role and grow his skills. Backstrom is 35, Harding is 28, so the timing to bring another star prospect into the system is right.
But you could of had Comrie or Tristan Jurri with your 2nd rounder. That would of been smarter. Goaltender are soo hard to predict so even taking Jackson Whistle with a late pick would of been smarter. It s just too risky taking a goaltender in the 1st round.

That's just my 2 cent!!

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:58 PM
  #132
David Strorm
@ControlPuck
 
David Strorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
i Would of tooken a certain defensive forward. It helps the D in one sense..

David Strorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:02 PM
  #133
Water Knight
Registered User
 
Water Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
But you could of had Comrie or Tristan Jurri with your 2nd rounder. That would of been smarter. Goaltender are soo hard to predict so even taking Jackson Whistle with a late pick would of been smarter. It s just too risky taking a goaltender in the 1st round.

That's just my 2 cent!!
True, but no risk no reward.

Comire would have been ok, but I still believe Fucale to be the best of the goalie prospects and he would have been gone before the Wild were up again.

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:03 PM
  #134
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas A&M
Country: Latvia
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 500
If either Colorado or Philly could get back into the 1st round, they'll probably do it. PM me any offers.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:04 PM
  #135
Water Knight
Registered User
 
Water Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
If either Colorado or Philly could get back into the 1st round, they'll probably do it. PM me any offers.
lol where were you 13 hours ago

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:08 PM
  #136
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas A&M
Country: Latvia
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
lol where were you 13 hours ago
Doubt I have the pieces to have gotten that high.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:12 PM
  #137
Water Knight
Registered User
 
Water Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Doubt I have the pieces to have gotten that high.
You'd have been surprised, I was quite desperate. Was prepared to take quantity over quality. You just wouldn't have picked again for ..... a long time

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:18 PM
  #138
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,175
vCash: 50
Anyone willing to trade some late picks (5th-7th) for future picks?? I'm not holding my breath, but I'd love to acquire a few extra selections even if it means overpaying a bit...

Taking into account the last 5 drafts (including this one), Florida has the 9th pick next year... So, that's 9th, 39th, 69th, 99th, 129th, 159th, 189th next year up for grabs.

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:20 PM
  #139
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,175
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
You'd have been surprised, I was quite desperate. Was prepared to take quantity over quality. You just wouldn't have picked again for ..... a long time
Then why didn't you take my deal of 2013 2nd, 2014 1st, 2014 3rd?! If you felt that your player wasn't there, you could have traded up with the 32nd!!!!

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:21 PM
  #140
Pajicz
Registered User
 
Pajicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country:
Posts: 3,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Isles pick coming in just a minute...

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:22 PM
  #141
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,175
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
lol where were you 13 hours ago
Where were you 13 hours ago?

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
  #142
Pajicz
Registered User
 
Pajicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country:
Posts: 3,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
With the 19th overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the New York Islanders are proud to select:

Morgan Klimchuk, LW, Regina Pats (WHL)



Klimchuk's offensive upside is something that Islanders will need in the future to support their strong group of defensive prospects. Phoenix Coyotes are now on the clock.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:09 PM
  #143
Pajicz
Registered User
 
Pajicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country:
Posts: 3,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Last year's Stanley Cup Final participants have reached a deal:

receive:

NJ 4th round pick (112th)

receive:

LA 5th round pick (140th)
LA 7th round pick (196th)

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:13 PM
  #144
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,175
vCash: 50
Wow, LA owns the 110th, 111th, 112th, and 113th pick... That'll sure speed things up!!!

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:16 PM
  #145
David Strorm
@ControlPuck
 
David Strorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
The convenience of it was a big factor in the trade.

David Strorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:16 PM
  #146
Pajicz
Registered User
 
Pajicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country:
Posts: 3,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Wow, LA owns the 110th, 111th, 112th, and 113th pick... That'll sure speed things up!!!
Yeah, that was the biggest reason for doing the last trade. Going to be fun when I get to do my selections.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:29 PM
  #147
RR
Registered User
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
On behalf of RR and the Calgary Flames, with the 13th pick in the 2013 NHL Draft I am so proud to select from the Prince Albert Raiders of the WHL

Josh Morrissey


Calgary Draft
(1x13) Josh Morrissey, D, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
need so much, and a two-way PMD is one of the priorities. We think we filled it with Morrissey. One scouting report on JM:

-- Plays an extremely mature two-way game, but you can't leave without feeling he has top-level offensive abilities, due to his skating, elite skill, and puck-moving strengths.
-- Already pretty sound defensively and has a big cannon on the PP right point with his left hand shot.
-- Confident and smooth, he can lead the rush, or quickly close down and stop the enemy's attempt at one. Controls gaps and will step up physically to stop the advance.
-- Clearly one of the top defenders in North America, but will need polish to advance.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:53 PM
  #148
HubOfHockey1918
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
select Kerby Rychel F Windsor (OHL)

2013 draft class:

1-20 Kerby Rychel F Windsor (OHL)


Last edited by HubOfHockey1918: 03-12-2013 at 02:38 PM.
HubOfHockey1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:19 PM
  #149
David Strorm
@ControlPuck
 
David Strorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
The New Jersey Devils are proud to select Bo Horvat.


David Strorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:26 PM
  #150
David Strorm
@ControlPuck
 
David Strorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
Nashville is looking to acquire another pick in round 2.

David Strorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.