HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

MFC 37 : Brother vs Brother

Old
03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

vCash: 500
MFC 37 : Brother vs Brother

And no i'm not joking

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Max...r-MFC-37-50863

Quote:
Canada’s Maximum Fighting Championship will host the first brother-versus-brother matchup in the history of the promotion on May 10, when Mike Treadwell and Thomas Treadwell square off at MFC 37.

The heavyweight undercard pairing takes place at Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta. The evening’s main card airs live on AXS TV and will see Chris Barnett lock horns with unbeaten Smealinho Rama for the vacant heavyweight title. Additionally, lightweights Mukai Maromo and Kurt Southern will do battle, as will bantamweights Anthony Birchak and Ryan Benoit.

Both brothers Treadwell will make their professional debuts at MFC 37 “True Grit.” The fighters, who also live together in Edmonton, are separated in age by a decade.

“We’re taking brotherhood to the next level,” Mike, 30, stated in a release. “It doesn’t matter [about] the names of the competitors. Brothers are fighting; that’s all it will take to get people excited.”
I guess there is no problem if both guys are willing to do it but i don't know...there's still something weird and wrong about this.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Fanpuck33

I honestly don't get the big deal. Brothers compete against each in sports all the time. Plus, they differ in age by ten years and were thus robbed of the opportunity to fight each other while growing up, haha.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
I honestly don't get the big deal. Brothers compete against each in sports all the time. Plus, they differ in age by ten years and were thus robbed of the opportunity to fight each other while growing up, haha.
True but MMA Iis a bit different since the goal is to physically destroy the other guy. But as i said if both guys are OK with it then it's all fair i guess.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:05 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
True but MMA Iis a bit different since the goal is to physically destroy the other guy. But as i said if both guys are OK with it then it's all fair i guess.
I think brothers have fought in the NHL. Primeaus maybe? Or Staals?

Anyways this kind of thing happens at the regional level sometimes. In one local fight night here they were putting on mini-tourneys in each weight class, and only three people showed up. Two of them were brothers. So they had one brother get a 'bye' to the final and the other two guys fought.

The non-brother kicked younger bros a$$, and then did the same to the older brother in the final. Not a good night for the family.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:09 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
I think brothers have fought in the NHL. Primeaus maybe? Or Staals?
Primeaus did for sure.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Fanpuck33

It is a little weird to have friends/brothers fight when it isn't a significant fight.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 11:41 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
It is a little weird to have friends/brothers fight when it isn't a significant fight.
I like it. Get fighters used to fighting teamates etc.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote