HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane to Buffalo

Old
03-08-2013, 09:45 AM
threeVo

vCash: 500
Evander Kane to Buffalo

If this Kane situation turns out to be more than it is, which I dont think it will, but just for conversations sake what does it take to get Kane on the Sabres. Exactly what just about every team in the league wants.

To BUF:

Evander Kane

To WPG:

Joel Armia
Jake McCabe or Brayden McNabb

What else does BUF add to get this deal done. Does WPG prefer a roster player like Ennis or our top prospect who is coming to NA after SM Liga ends?

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Jetsfareast
Helly Yeah

vCash: 300
Buffalo's 1st round draft pick for the next 5 years including this year
Plus Myers, miller, pommenville

We will add
Pavelec
And our 7th round pick for the next 5 years

Or maybe not

Jetsfareast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:02 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Some combination of Myers, Hodgson, Grigerenko, Armia, 2013 1st, Girgensons nothing less than that gets you Kane.

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Thread title has been updated for clarification.

spiny norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:15 AM
tsujimoto74

This again? Why? It's not happening. Winnipeg isn't trading him, and Buffalo would be absolutely foolish to give up the assets it would take. We're obviously in need of a rebuild; we need to keep our picks and young players.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

vCash: 50
I'd think if you could get Kane without giving up someone like Myers or Hodgson, you'd do it. He's better than what you'll likely get in the draft and already developed. I'd give up our first, Rielly and a roster player pretty easily just as value, and if i'm WPG, I still say no

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:26 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeder9 View Post
I'd think if you could get Kane without giving up someone like Myers or Hodgson, you'd do it. He's better than what you'll likely get in the draft and already developed. I'd give up our first, Rielly and a roster player pretty easily just as value, and if i'm WPG, I still say no
Better than the top 3 pick we're on pace to get + whatever other valuable assets Winnipeg would want included (because I'm sure the + would not be small)? No thanks. We'd be better off selling our dead weight at the deadline, adding as many picks as possible (either to move up or just get more prospects).

Old
03-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
This again? Why? It's not happening. Winnipeg isn't trading him, and Buffalo would be absolutely foolish to give up the assets it would take. We're obviously in need of a rebuild; we need to keep our picks and young players.
As long as we arent the fools paying ten thousand dollars for season tickets , who cares if they win. Tank for future glory.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:29 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1037
I'll take a shot at actually answering. The Op's deal? No way, no how, that is brutal for WPG.

Pomminville
Sekera
2013 2nd

That might do it. Or at the very least, get the conversation started.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Better than the top 3 pick we're on pace to get + whatever other valuable assets Winnipeg would want included (because I'm sure the + would not be small)? No thanks. We'd be better off selling our dead weight at the deadline, adding as many picks as possible (either to move up or just get more prospects).
I don't see you as being a bad team, just having a bad year, much like I don't see the Leafs as a team as good as their place thus far. Adding a known, young power forward who hasn't reached full potential for a draft pick and a couple prospects while keeping the core in place. That'd be extremely hard for me to pass up unless Jones is the draft pick. Just my opinion. You will obviously know your team better

Old
03-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeVo View Post
If this Kane situation turns out to be more than it is, which I dont think it will, but just for conversations sake what does it take to get Kane on the Sabres.
There is no situation; he had a disagreement with his coach on the bench for 15 seconds. That is all there is to it. If there was a "situation" then the Jets wouldn't have made him available to be interviewed immediately following the game on the TSN Jets broadcast as teams tend to frown on interviewing unhappy players. It doesn't make for good pr. Yet there he was on TSN Jets talking about the game.

Heh.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:35 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
I don't see you as being a bad team, just having a bad year, much like I don't see the Leafs as a team as good as their place thus far. Adding a known, young power forward who hasn't reached full potential for a draft pick and a couple prospects while keeping the core in place. That'd be extremely hard for me to pass up unless Jones is the draft pick. Just my opinion. You will obviously know your team better
The trouble is it would take that pick (even if we make a late season run, it's still going to be top 10 at this point in the season) + someone like Hodgson or Grigorenko. Buffalo doesn't have the depth in their roster or in the pipeline to be able to make that kind of move and come out a better team as a result, IMO.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:53 PM
broc

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
I'll take a shot at actually answering. The Op's deal? No way, no how, that is brutal for WPG.

Pomminville
Sekera
2013 2nd

That might do it. Or at the very least, get the conversation started.
No, no it wouldn't.

Counter :

Little
Postma
2013 2nd

For myers

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
You have to include our 2013 1st in that sentence, because there's a pretty good chance it's going to be top-4.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
You have to include our 2013 1st in that sentence, because there's a pretty good chance it's going to be top-4.
Absolutely you would. It's a given. The only other question is what else on top of that.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:02 PM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

vCash: 72
Kane is not being traded. I'm not sure where every other fan base thinks they're doing is a favor by taking this bad character guy off our team...but he's not going anywhere. He just signed a great deal and ate up UFA years to stay right where he is.

He's a 21 year old, who has a big personality. I'm fine with that. He could have a flock of seagulls hair cut and it wouldn't bug me one bit.

The obsession that this board has with Evander Kane's hair is baffling to me. He's a black guy, an shaving **** into your hair is something that alot of black people do.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
No, no it wouldn't.

Counter :

Little
Postma
2013 2nd

For myers
In fairness to Buffalo Pominville>Little and Sekera >>Postma. Even their 2nd>our 2nd hehe.

Bottom line is Jets need a star to compliment Kane, not trade him away and look for two instead.

Jets don't have a single expendable asset to overpay to bring anyone in. So just like Buffalo, we wait and trade dead weight to contenders for picks and take our chances in the draft.

Only deal in theory that makes sense is a young #1 C expendable for someone coming back if Kane is leaving. Quality for quantity won't help is long term.

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Absolutely you would. It's a given. The only other question is what else on top of that.
Actually, I wouldn't give up this year's 1st rounder for Kane. Evander is a great player to be sure, but he's got his big contract and his attitude is a bit of a question mark. I'd rather take the 7 years of team control over one of the top-4, get three cheap years from the guy, and go from there.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
No, no it wouldn't.

Counter :

Little
Postma
2013 2nd

For myers
Pominville>>>>Little
Sekera>>Postma

I see what you are trying to do, but trying to pretend that Sekera and Pominville are scraps is a little frustrating. It's a bad comeback and they are not comparable. Pominville was the 6th highest scoring RW in the NHL last year.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Kane is not being traded. I'm not sure where every other fan base thinks they're doing is a favor by taking this bad character guy off our team...but he's not going anywhere. He just signed a great deal and ate up UFA years to stay right where he is.

He's a 21 year old, who has a big personality. I'm fine with that. He could have a flock of seagulls hair cut and it wouldn't bug me one bit.

The obsession that this board has with Evander Kane's hair is baffling to me. He's a black guy, an shaving **** into your hair is something that alot of black people do.

but Sully! he yelled at his coach!!!!!!!! that TOTALLY destroys his value...

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

LOL. Wishful thinking. Ain't gonna happen. End of story.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:43 PM
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Quote:
No, no it wouldn't.

Counter :

Little
Postma
2013 2nd

For myers
You're joking right? Pominville is much, much much better than Little. And Sekera is our shutdown guy on one of the best contracts in the league.

Heck, why am I even responding - I would rather have Pominville over Kane in the first place. Pominville puts up better numbers and plays better defence, the only thing Kane has on him is grit.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:51 PM
McTank

Quote:
No. We wouldn't

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:52 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
You're joking right? Pominville is much, much much better than Little. And Sekera is our shutdown guy on one of the best contracts in the league.

Heck, why am I even responding - I would rather have Pominville over Kane in the first place. Pominville puts up better numbers and plays better defence, the only thing Kane has on him is grit.
And Kane is younger and and not a UFA soon. You really are comparing numbers of a 30 y/o that has most likely peaked in performance vs 21 year old that has yet to hit his peak.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:05 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
no way
no thanks

not enough to the jets

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote