Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Evander kane:

Old
03-04-2013, 02:46 PM
MadMen88

vCash: 500
Evander kane:

Thereís something to be said about those who donít tear down Winnipegís best.

Take Evander Kane for instance.

Hereís the highest pick in the lineup, playing on a team with average talent, scoring thirty goals last season and making it look easy.

Now, how do we treat this guy? The kid shouldnít even be tying his own skates! Why is he even being billed for meals in this town?!

Ok. So he often shoots from impossible angles and has a tendency to ďdo it himselfĒ, but hey, heís the target player for opposing teams night in/night, no, seriously, he really is, imagine that, but donít take my word for it, heíll tell you all about it!

Iíve got the Evander Kane blues, and Iím not exactly happy about it. This is the point in the season when Kane is either going to be loved or hated. Heíll either lead this team to the post-season, OR, he ends up being the whipping boy for too many disgruntled Winnipeg Jets fans. Heís the best player in the lineup and very well could be the most talented figure in Winnipeg Jets history since #13 and Iím not talking about Kyle Wellwood.

Thatís right Evander, yeah, I hear you bud, itís tough out there, especially with the character assassination that seems to follow you wherever you go, but hey, someoneís gotta do it, and that someone is YOU. What Iím trying to say is: Winnipegís playoff hopes rest solely on your shoulders. Ok? If youíre going to win the cup, itís gotta be YOU leading the way. Scoring, Fighting, Passing, etc; Just make sure you know how to follow up a good pass and you'll be fine.

One Jets fan to another.

MadMen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:56 PM
ahplk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMen88 View Post
Thereís something to be said about those who donít tear down Winnipegís best.

Take Evander Kane for instance.

Hereís the highest pick in the lineup, playing on a team with average talent, scoring thirty goals last season and making it look easy.

Now, how do we treat this guy? The kid shouldnít even be tying his own skates! Why is he even being billed for meals in this town?!

Ok. So he often shoots from impossible angles and has a tendency to ďdo it himselfĒ, but hey, heís the target player for opposing teams night in/night, no, seriously, he really is, imagine that, but donít take my word for it, heíll tell you all about it!

Iíve got the Evander Kane blues, and Iím not exactly happy about it. This is the point in the season when Kane is either going to be loved or hated. Heíll either lead this team to the post-season, OR, he ends up being the whipping boy for too many disgruntled Winnipeg Jets fans. Heís the best player in the lineup and very well could be the most talented figure in Winnipeg Jets history since #13 and Iím not talking about Kyle Wellwood.

Thatís right Evander, yeah, I hear you bud, itís tough out there, especially with the character assassination that seems to follow you wherever you go, but hey, someoneís gotta do it, and that someone is YOU. What Iím trying to say is: Winnipegís playoff hopes rest solely on your shoulders. Ok? If youíre going to win the cup, itís gotta be YOU leading the way. Scoring, Fighting, Passing, etc; Just make sure you know how to follow up a good pass and you'll be fine.

One Jets fan to another.
Uhh...Bogo?

ahplk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:58 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 224
I'm an Evader Kane supporter as well.
But this thread is 4 months late. I haven't seen much Kane hate at all. His tires have been pumped here all year. Even around winnipeg much of the negativity has disappeared.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:58 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahplk View Post
Uhh...Bogo?
Jokinen was a third overall pick as well. Ladd ties Evander as both were 4th overall picks.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:08 PM
MadMen88

I guess the overall message isn't "dont hate" Evander Kane, it's just, "the Jets playoffs and hopes rest on the rest of Kane's season". If we don't make the playoffs, the hate will re-emerge and the thought of trading Kane will once again resurfface. I'd rather see someone else get traded than #9. That being said, if we do make the playoffs, and Kane can rattle and roll like he's capable of, we might see the evolution of Winnipeg's most talented athlete today. Here's to the upcoming final half of the NHL season, here's to watching what Evander Kane willl do next!

MadMen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:29 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
There are very few players that can will their team to a playoff spot, and none currently playing.

In his rookie year Crosby put up 102 points. Pittsburgh finished 14th in the East. Last year Stamps had 60 goals and 98 points but Tampa missed. Hockey is a team game unless you have a prime Hasek, it takes more than one player to make the playoffs

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
ghost88*

Evander Kane is GOAT (aka Greatest Of All Time).

Someone put a crown on that mans head.

ghost88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:59 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1126
Didn't we just have an everyone should love Kane thread? Add didn't most people agree they really like him and glad he is a Jet and locked up for the next 6 years. Players get the love from what they do on the ice and IMO Kane is getting his share of love. He is already a star and one day he will be considered one of the best power forwards in the league.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:04 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Lol Way to drop te ball right away.

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:21 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

I don't hate Kane at all, but good or bad, he is an attention magnet. Haters gonna hate.

We do have a lot of high picks on our team though. They have the talent.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Skidooboy

As a man who has hated on Kane for his selfish play and "off ice antics"
I'm gonna eat some crow.

Evander has grown this year over last. He looks good so far and could grow into a great. I am no longer wanting to trade him.

His awful performance during the lockout seems to be behind him. Still troubled by it though. Either he was bellow the skill level needed to succeed in the KHL (NOT!),or, was playing with no fire/effort(BING BING BING). Shouldn't have happened either way. Especialy the lack of fire/ effort. That is troubling. Is he a pro? doesn't he care about winning or is he just cashing cheques?

However He has come home and been a good player for Winnipeg with signs of growth over last year. He looks like he has all the fire and profesionalisim on the ice I could ask for. Nom nom nom.

I like his play and will hope to see continued growth as this season progresses.Nom nom nom. still would like to see him be a better team player though.

Go Jets Go.

Skidooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMen88 View Post
Yes right! And if he wants he should be allowed to drive drunk and over speed limit, fight people if he wants and pick-up any women he likes. Yep you heard right even if she is somebody's girlfriend or wife. After all he is our star
He shouldn't pay his bills. It is us who make millions and he makes 50k a year and pays to watch us play, o wait this is opposite
And comparison to Selanne, 30 goals and 76 is almost same number

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote