HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#23 | Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Islanders | Mar 5 | 7 PM W 6-3

Old
03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
ModryJazyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
It's too bad about Visnovsky, I hope everything is ok. Despite all the drama, he's come to LI and played well. We haven't heard anything negative at all from him since he took the ice.

Without him this week, it's going to be a tough. Montreal, Rangers, Caps, and then Pittsburgh. Ouch.

Visna will miss 2 games.His firend's son died in helicopter crash.Article/crap google translate :

http://translate.google.sk/translate...vrtulnika.html

ModryJazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Ghost Of Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModryJazyk View Post
Visna will miss 2 games.His firend's son died in helicopter crash.Article/crap google translate :

http://translate.google.sk/translate...vrtulnika.html
Very sad to hear. Nice of Vis to go be with his friend. Hopefully Martinek will be solid for us.

Ghost Of Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:34 PM
13th Floor

Any word on JT? Is he back to 100%?

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:39 PM
KnishOfTheCrease
Isles/Black Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
Any word on JT? Is he back to 100%?
He was on the ice for the AM skate.

KnishOfTheCrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Renbarg

I think both Lubo and Frans have both done well on the pp.

The only thing that I would change is that if the JT unit is having trouble generating opportunities then I would take them off after 50 to 60 seconds, rather than leaving them out there for 90 seconds. If they are struggling I would also not force the JT unit out there to start every PP.

Last edited by Renbarg: 03-05-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
LongIslandCircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Frans is a very good hockey player but should not see the ice in an offensive role. Cappy speaks so highly of him, and I can see why, but he's got no offense in his game.

Bailey's far better than Frans offensively.

Bailey has 3 ES points in 12 games, Frans has 4 ES pts in 22 games. Stats aside, the eyes tell the same story.

Moulson - Tavares - Martin
Grabner - Bailey - Boyes
Ullstrom - Nielsen - Okposo

Let's try something NEW Cappy!
Couldnt agree more.

LongIslandCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Islander Prophet

This game will be more difficult with the absence of Visnovsky...This is where the injuries to Strait and Carkner come to haunt us. We seemed to have depth at defense with a total of 9 players is now reduced to only 6 (and that's including Martinek and Finley). This is when I would like to see an emergency call up from Bridgeport instead of playing Martinek who IMO isn't good at all...

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Frans is a very good hockey player but should not see the ice in an offensive role. Cappy speaks so highly of him, and I can see why, but he's got no offense in his game.

Bailey's far better than Frans offensively.

Bailey has 3 ES points in 12 games, Frans has 4 ES pts in 22 games. Stats aside, the eyes tell the same story.

Moulson - Tavares - Martin
Grabner - Bailey - Boyes
Ullstrom - Nielsen - Okposo

Let's try something NEW Cappy!
Okie and Bailey finally are starting to get going and we take them off the line that helped them get going? We're also putting Bailey back at center. No thank you.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Chardo

Lubo is skipping out on the team to head to Europe because his friend's kid died? I don't mean to be insensitive, but that shows no respect for his team. Please trade this guy while he has value. He's obviously not committed to this team.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:03 PM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
Lubo is skipping out on the team to head to Europe because his friend's kid died? I don't mean to be insensitive, but that shows no respect for his team. Please trade this guy while he has value. He's obviously not committed to this team.
do you have kids ?

Old
03-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Ghost Of Palffy

Quote:
Really? I'm sure it was a close friend. Believe it or not these guys are human beings too.

Ghost Of Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:05 PM
redbull
manage the *uck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
Okie and Bailey finally are starting to get going and we take them off the line that helped them get going? We're also putting Bailey back at center. No thank you.
Bailey-KO played well last game. But the top line has been getting killed all year, 5on5 and Grabner is useless without Nielsen.

Anyway, the lines are broken, as is the team, for that matter...so I would definitely shake things up.

Then again, we're just trying to make something out of these lemons that have been around for a long time.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:11 PM
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch

Quote:
Seriously? Maybe it's his god-child or something like that. Have a heart.

7:11 of OT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Chardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModryJazyk View Post
do you have kids ?

Yes. Your point?

This is not his own kid, which would be a completely different story, or even a relative. He is here to play hockey, with an inherent commitment to his team to do his best, and is paid handsomely to do so. To skip out (however tragic the circumstance) in the midst of critical games shows that his priorities are not with the team. In light of his initial refusal to even play for the team, it's obvious he just doesn't care about the Islanders. I'm not saying the team should ban him from going. He's a free man, and he's making his own choice. But, it's further evidence that he should be traded while he has value, because he doesn't belong here.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:25 PM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Yes. Your point?

This is not his own kid, which would be a completely different story, or even a relative. He is here to play hockey, with an inherent commitment to his team to do his best, and is paid handsomely to do so. To skip out (however tragic the circumstance) in the midst of critical games shows that his priorities are not with the team. In light of his initial refusal to even play for the team, it's obvious he just doesn't care about the Islanders. I'm not saying the team should ban him from going. He's a free man, and he's making his own choice. But, it's further evidence that he should be traded while he has value, because he doesn't belong here.
If I understand it right, that friend was supporting Visna when he has problems with his own son few weeks ago, so now he's doing same for him.
But I agree, for older players could be family (or close family friends), kids etc. maybe higher priority than their job.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Sparksrus3

Snow will probably suspend him until he comes back so he won't have to pay

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:36 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Yes. Your point?

I don't know if you've ever been to a wake/funeral for a young person(I'm assuming this kid was young), but the parents are generally an absolute wreck. I don't have a problem with Visnovsky being there for his friend.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:47 PM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Yes. Your point?

I don't like Lubo as a person.
I don't like him as a player anymore despite he did a lot for Slovak hockey.

but you... you............

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Killerlnstinct
Infector Of Souls

Send a message via MSN to Killerlnstinct
I was posting in the Nabby Appreciation thread and came to realize that Nabby was a 9th round pick.
I also found these semi alarming facts

Quote:
217 Quebec Tim Thomas
218 Philadelphia Johan Hedberg
219 San Jose Evgeni Nabokov
226 Montreal Tomas Vokoun

Boulton was the last 9th round pick also.

So as of today we have 3 players from the 9th round in the 1994 draft??? WOW

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1994e.html

I was gonna use it as today's trivia question but it's just to easy to look up.

Killerlnstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Sheva7
Work Hahd Play Smaht

Quote:
Yes. Your point?

Wow...I def wouldn't want to work for you lol

Sheva7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:01 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
I was posting in the Nabby Appreciation thread and came to realize that Nabby was a 9th round pick.
I also found these semi alarming facts

I was gonna use it as today's trivia question but it's just to easy to look up.
Two players. One punching bag.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Chardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva7 View Post
Wow...I def wouldn't want to work for you lol

Well, to be fair, if I hired you and you refused to report to work on day 1, trying to void our employment contract, you would have a hard time getting my support for a leave of absence barely a month later.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:35 PM
tobu

Quote:
Well, to be fair, if I hired you and you refused to report to work on day 1, trying to void our employment contract, you would have a hard time getting my support for a leave of absence barely a month later.
However you try to support your view on this, you'll come out as a heartless person.

tobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:43 PM
19 in a row

Quote:
Timing has nothing to do with it, one month or 5 years, if one of my employees had a similar situation with a close friend's child lost in a tragedy, I wouldn't think twice about it if they went..Lubo had no control over when this happened and unfortunately it did not happen a short drive away. Some things are more important than hockey. I don't know the details but if it is a close friend who lost a young child then by all means he should be there to support him. My prayers go out to all involved. Let him do what he has to do and hopefully we can win the next two and he is back by the weekend.

LET's GO ISLES!!!!

5-3 Isles, Bailey with a multipoint game.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:49 PM
19 in a row

Are Boulton and Aucoin the offensive scratches?

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote