HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/5/13 - "He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!" - Panthers vs Jets

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 12:51 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
You know, just a thought, but wondering with the weiss era over, he wants to step uup as the "panther" veteran. Was talking to Van Murph post game and we said that looked like the Mathias that came up for that first few games years ago.
In some of my GDT posts last year I mentioned a few times how much I liked MAtthias and that he seemed like a bigger Weiss jr. out there (oxymoron, I know).

They play similar games I feel. All Matthias needs to do is relax when he has the puck. Its like his head is racing and he thinks he is going to get hammered as soon as he has the puck, so he gets rid of it. Would like to see him continue to take a little more time with his passes and think it through. Also not always dump the puck in, go for a skate.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:03 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
In some of my GDT posts last year I mentioned a few times how much I liked MAtthias and that he seemed like a bigger Weiss jr. out there (oxymoron, I know).

They play similar games I feel. All Matthias needs to do is relax when he has the puck. Its like his head is racing and he thinks he is going to get hammered as soon as he has the puck, so he gets rid of it. Would like to see him continue to take a little more time with his passes and think it through. Also not always dump the puck in, go for a skate.
His poise with the puck has increased tenfold from last season.

I've been praising Shawn for quite some time now. Kid always got the **** end of the stick but always came out and worked hard every night. That hard work is starting to pay off....

Old
03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Mathias may just need(ed) time to mature.

I hope yesterday was the glimmer of our contineued theme here, a new era.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:08 PM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post

I agree with the post above me that he has had more poise with the puck, but I honestly feel he lacks Hockey I.Q. to ever reach to where Weiss is/was. He does dump the puck a bit too much. He should rely on his team mates a bit more and get use to passing more, but his board work has been pretty stellar as of late.
I could see him chipping in 30 points as his peak. He is perfect for a bottom 6 role.

I hope he proves me wrong as I love the way he has been playing.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Oh, one more thing: really disheartening to see the Jets totally give up in the 3rd. From start to finish, zero effort. We sat back, cleared the puck on the rare occasion they got down there, and they seemed perfectly content with losing. I know three goals is a steep climb but it's not like no one's done it before. Especially against us. See: Sabres game (and yeah, I know that wasn't Markstrom).

The Panthers have done this too on a few occasions this year. It's ridiculous. Especially considering they had a really decent amount of backers there last night for a road game, a lot sitting in expensive lower bowl seats.

These guys get paid to play 60 minutes. The Jets played 40 last night. If I was a Winnipeg fan, especially one who was at the game, I'd be furious.
The Jets actually played about 10 last night, not 40. They were/are pretty bad.

Old
03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Started by AG jr and I at least twice (hey you have to raise them right).

Well said post. Anyone thats played the game knows D can play differently when the goalie can make the lst save. Clemmer batted about .500 in that regard.
Where do you guys sit? The people in the section next to mine seemed to be starting a lot of them. I was in 338.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Would love to see him replace Goc at 3C.
Matthias was great last night but Goc has been arguably our best hustle player all year. Guy never quits. I definitely want him to be one of the few "vets" we keep around next year, with the others being shipped off. Perhaps Goc, Kopecky, and Matthias being the keepers.

Closed Thread