HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

It's shakeup time

Old
03-05-2013, 04:59 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Well, I am also a Braves fan and I know too well about their playoff disappointment- but itís comparing apples and oranges.

The Braves were a huge post season failure, the main reason being in almost every one of their playoff years, they were the prohibitive favorite to win the World Series, and still failed almost every year. That was painful.

How many of the past 7 years have the Predators really been expected to win the Cup? If the Preds were a #1 seed 7 straight years and never made the Finals, I would be screaming about it, too.

For a franchise that isnít even 20 years old, their level of success is pretty darn good, but many on here act like they are pulling for the Atlanta Thrashers.
The Predators have been a playoff team almost every year, and were a true contender for a couple of them. There are a bunch of NHL franchises that would trade the last 7 years with us.

All I want is a competitive team that makes the playoffs most years and one that can occasionally be a true Cup contender. There are no guarantees in the playoffs- Pittsburgh was the #1 seed and the odds on favorite to win the Cup last year and got bounced in the first round. Same for Vancouver- bounced in first round.

I just think there are many on here who have unrealistic expectations- win the Cup or the season is a failure.

Iíve said this before, if I just woke up from a coma and had no knowledge of how the franchise had been doing and read these boards, I would swear the Predators were on a long playoff droughtÖ..
LOL funny you say that. The Preds are in a totally different class than what the Thrashers ever were. Now if the Preds start missing the playoffs year after year and go through several coaches then it would be like cheering for the Thrashers again.

GwtGlads2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:03 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

question is, who is he going to push, Blum or Hannan. I know where my vote would go.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:18 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
wait a minute....

Butler
Boychuk
Bartley

The Killer B's are bringing the Cup to Nashville!!!
such a joke if they truly think this current roster can be contenders with some "extra" competition

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
such a joke if they truly think this current roster can be contenders with some "extra" competition
the current roster HAS been a contender, both last year and when they went 7-3-2 earlier this year.

The puzzle is why are they playing so poorly this year... solve that, and we will be fine.

and if we cant solve it, we might as well admit we are screwed becasue all of the pieces that are massively underperforming are signed for at least two meore years and most of them have NTCs

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
the current roster HAS been a contender, both last year and when they went 7-3-2 earlier this year.

The puzzle is why are they playing so poorly this year... solve that, and we will be fine.

and if we cant solve it, we might as well admit we are screwed becasue all of the pieces that are massively underperforming are signed for at least two meore years and most of them have NTCs

Ummmm they are not putting the puck in the net.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:24 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

i strongly disagree with the assertion that this team can win a cup with this roster. we need to ship out some forwards. as you said, if we can't, were screwed

Last edited by NoNecksCurse: 03-05-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old
03-05-2013, 06:40 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I'm not totally against a coaching team, but some of you are missing the point:

The roster is garbage. Everyone on the team outside of Weber and Rinne is playing at least one line too high.
This. This x3240284028.

I would love to know what moves Poile has tried to make to grab some top 6 players that just didn't pan out, and why they fell through. There have to have been at least a couple (i.e. our alleged push for Nash). Without knowing that information, it's hard to judge DP.

But I totally agree that the crux of our problem is that EVERYONE is playing a line too high. We don't have any first-line players. For whatever reason, we haven't been able to trade for any or sign any through free agency. We've never sucked enough (like Chicago and Pittsburgh did) to draft any. The one we did have (Radulov) screwed us.

We NEED legitimate first line players. I'm sure everyone in the organization knows that. Acquiring them is obviously easier said than done.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
Rumor on the main board is Gaborik may be available. If he was should we try to get him.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
Rumor on the main board is Gaborik may be available. If he was should we try to get him.
I'd definitely take Gaborik... but who's going to pass to him? We've got no centers.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:43 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
ha... that will never happen

Old
03-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I'd definitely take Gaborik... but who's going to pass to him? We've got no centers.
Kostitsyn-Legwand-Gaborik

That would probably get Gaborik plenty of chances, stick him with two guys that think pass first, pass second, pass third, then pass some more. Plus Legwand is the only guy we have that can keep up with Gaborik.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:00 PM
cleangene

Gill HAS to stay at least through Friday- the promotion of a Hal Gill Growth Chart to kids entering the Bridge for that game can't be cancelled this late. The main guess of a D-Man leaving would be Kleiner, a.k.a. Preds player radio show host curse.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:05 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Gill HAS to stay at least through Friday- the promotion of a Hal Gill Growth Chart to kids entering the Bridge for that game can't be cancelled this late. The main guess of a D-Man leaving would be Kleiner, a.k.a. Preds player radio show host curse.
no one. its just to "promote competition" .. its gonna solve all our problems.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Keep in mind Gaborik is only signed for 1 more year after this. It would be a disaster if we gave up significant pieces for him and then he bolted. Nashville needs a star forward they can build around for years to come.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Keep in mind Gaborik is only signed for 1 more year after this. It would be a disaster if we gave up significant pieces for him and then he bolted. Nashville needs a star forward they can build around for years to come.
NYR fan suggested Fisher, Blum or Ellis, and a 1st.

I'd take that in part because it gets Fisher's icky contract off the books. I would hate to lose Ellis, would REALLY hate to lose a high first, but if Poile were somehow able to gauge the possibility of re-signing Gaborik beforehand, i think it's worth it.

Pipe dreams, but fun nonetheless.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
NYR fan suggested Fisher, Blum or Ellis, and a 1st.

I'd take that in part because it gets Fisher's icky contract off the books. I would hate to lose Ellis, would REALLY hate to lose a high first, but if Poile were somehow able to gauge the possibility of re-signing Gaborik beforehand, i think it's worth it.

Pipe dreams, but fun nonetheless.
I would do that if, and only if, the 1st was conditional on Gaborik re-signing here. But then it would have to be a 2015 1st, so that doesn't really work for them.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I really hope Poile doesn't trade for a 30-35 year old scorer to please the fans only to have him leave in a year or two.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:17 PM
thecloser

Wouldn't surprise me if Gaborik is shopped around.

I'd hate to lose ellis too, but Fisher may waive his NTC to go to NYR and Carrie can still be a huge star up there! it may work.

Definitely have to know Gabby will re-sign with us though.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:31 PM
NoNecksCurse

i keep hearing how every team is struggling to score... especially from pete and terry. well so far tonight, the average for each team is scoring almost 3.25 goals a game. we are last in the league in goals per game by a pretty big margin. we are at 1.96 GPG.. next is ottawa at 2.13GPG and everyone knows all of their injuries .. last in shots per game by an even more startling margin at 23.9 shots per game. next is columbus at 26.8 shots per game .. another troubling stat is we are 29th in winning percentage when we outshoot our opponents at .286% .. PK is 26th in the league .. PP is 28th .. 24th in even strength play.. this team is in trouble. we won't be any better till these aging turds contracts are off the books. butler, boychuk, bartley arent gonna save this sinking ship

Old
03-06-2013, 12:07 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I might be the only one, but I'm glad Bartley is going to get a chance. Supposedly he was really good last season in Milwaukee, not sure about this one. He is older so maybe he won't be as nervous and can actually provide some competition. So 3 new guys are in town. Hopefully this will burn some ***** and wake some guys up. Doubtful but if not, we trade some lazy *****. I'm all for dismantling of this team right now and starting over.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
butler, boychuk, bartley arent gonna save this sinking ship

Agreed. Adding guys from the wire who can't score to a team that can't score is ridiculous. But nothing of value was lost so why not? Gives us fans a couple other players to complain about

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:15 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Nothing official anywhere on Bartley being called up.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Nothing official anywhere on Bartley being called up.
It's now official.

Quote:
Nashville, Tenn. – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has recalled defenseman Victor Bartley (VIHK-tohr BAHRT-lee) from Milwaukee (AHL).

Bartley, 24 (2/17/88), leads Milwaukee defensemen and is ranked among the AHL’s Top 20 defensemen in points with 26 (7g-19a) in 54 games. He attended Predators training camp this season, but was reassigned to the Admirals before appearing in a game. The 6-0, 212-pound native of Maple Ridge, B.C., tied for 10th among American Hockey League defensemen, and second among AHL rookie defensemen in points (39) in his first season with Milwaukee in 2011-12 after signing as a free agent with the organization on May 24, 2011.

After a three-game trip out West, the team returns home for back-to-back tilts at Bridgestone Arena this Friday vs. the Edmonton Oilers, with a College Night presented by Taco Bell and Hal Gill Growth Chart giveaway presented by BlueCross BlueShield, and Saturday vs. the Minnesota Wild for a McDonald’s Family 4 Pack Night. All fans in attendance on Saturday also receive a free souvenir cup courtesy of MAPCO and can stop by a Fifth Third Concourse location to receive a $5 concession stand voucher). Limited tickets are still available and may be purchased at the Bridgestone Arena box office, through all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster.com, nashvillepredators.com and (615) 770-7800.
http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=658704

Last edited by Preds33: 03-06-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I guess we can add april to the don't question her authority wrt call ups again #nailedthatshiz

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:46 AM
april

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I guess we can add april to the don't question her authority wrt call ups again #nailedthatshiz
Yep! Gotta love inside sources. This one even came as a shock to a lot of the players this morning since it was kept a secret by management til today's practice. Strange tactic, but oh well.

april is offline   Reply With Quote