HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames D-man to the Rangers

Old
03-05-2013, 02:17 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

vCash: 500
Flames D-man to the Rangers

Looks like you guys have an abundance of defensemen, especially with Babchuk returning. Plus, half of the threads on the first page are Flames proposals. Haha

The Rangers could use a bottom-pair defenseman to go with Del Zotto as Eminger, Bickel and Gilroy don't seem to be cutting it. What would it take to say, get someone like Chris Butler or even Cory Sarich?

We don't want Dennis Wideman and his contract and we can't afford Bouwmeester and his so no proposals with them! Plus, we have our top two pairs filled out already.

Last edited by Mats Zuccarelli: 03-05-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Looks like you guys have an abundance of defensemen, especially with Babchuk returning. Plus, half of the threads on the first page are Flames proposals. Haha

The Rangers could use a bottom-pair defenseman to go with Del Zotto as Eminger, Bickel and Gilroy don't seem to be cutting it. What would it take to say, get someone like Chris Butler or even Cory Sarich?

We don't want Dennis Wideman and his contract and we can't afford Bouwmeester and his so no proposals with them! Plus, we have our top two pairs filled out already.
We won't give you Wideman anyways hes been pretty good that also goes for Bouwmeester. Well I think Sarich could be had for a 2nd or 3rd and Butler can be had for a signed and framed picture of Torts.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Well I think Sarich could be had for a 2nd or 3rd and Butler can be had for a signed and framed picture of Torts.
Well, I'd like to keep our picks since we don't have a first rounder.

Has Butler been that bad?....Want Bickel for him?

Old
03-05-2013, 02:46 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

What about Babchuk as a rental?

Old
03-05-2013, 02:46 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Eminger is fine as a #6 and dare I say it, so is Gilroy.

Having to have good players at every position is how you get into cap trouble. There's nothing wrong with having a not particularly good, but serviceable player at 6D.

With Gaborik and Richards falling down a manhole this year, we don't have a legit 1C, and right now outside of Nash arguably don't have another 1st line winger. 6D is the least of our problems.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:48 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
What about Babchuk as a rental?
Butler has improved A LITTLE since the beginning. Since his injury Babchuk hasn'r been good at all so maybe 2 signed picture of Torts? Not framed though. Flames just need picks and prospects not really any roster players unless their a bonafide superstar like Richards

Old
03-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Butler has improved A LITTLE since the beginning. Since his injury Babchuk hasn'r been good at all so maybe 2 signed picture of Torts? Not framed though. Flames just need picks and prospects not really any roster players unless their a bonafide superstar like Richards
You want Richards? Take him! Be my guest!

Old
03-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
You want Richards? Take him! Be my guest!
I know the Flames tried for him in the summer but lost those sweepstakes. Has Richards been that bad?

Old
03-05-2013, 02:53 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
I know the Flames tried for him in the summer but lost those sweepstakes. Has Richards been that bad?
He's been awful this year, making blind passes and being absolutely dreadful on the PP. There are rumors that he might be bought out at the end of the year.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:53 AM
Iggy-4-50

Butler isn't that bad, he needs to be sheltered away from the big minutes but as of late he's hasn't played bad at all.

How about Jackman and Butler for Boyle

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:04 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
He's been awful this year, making blind passes and being absolutely dreadful on the PP. There are rumors that he might be bought out at the end of the year.
What? Even for the rangers I find that hard to believe

Old
03-05-2013, 03:07 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
What? Even for the rangers I find that hard to believe
End of next year.

He's struggled this year mightily, but in the past few games he's starting to look a LOT better. Even if he was playing extremely well through to 2014, I think there'd still be a very good possibility it could happen. That contract could completely bite us in the ass after that for a couple of years, and I don't know if management thinks it's worth the risk or not, but IMO, unless he's producing 90+ points a season, he's not worth the risk. Trade Gaborik in the offseason for a young, high calibre center prospect (Mika Zibanejad) and go from there.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
End of next year.

He's struggled this year mightily, but in the past few games he's starting to look a LOT better. Even if he was playing extremely well through to 2014, I think there'd still be a very good possibility it could happen. That contract could completely bite us in the ass after that for a couple of years, and I don't know if management thinks it's worth the risk or not, but IMO, unless he's producing 90+ points a season, he's not worth the risk. Trade Gaborik in the offseason for a young, high calibre center prospect (Mika Zibanejad) and go from there.
I still can't believe a buyout as a possibility,if the rangers have that kind of money they should help some homeless people in central park.

I can see a trade with eating 30-40% of his salarie before a buyout because a buyout would still bit your ass after next year.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:52 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
I still can't believe a buyout as a possibility,if the rangers have that kind of money they should help some homeless people in central park.

I can see a trade with eating 30-40% of his salarie before a buyout because a buyout would still bit your ass after next year.
Cap recapture.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:55 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
You could probably get Sarich for a 3rd rounder. As for Butler his value is a little higher. How about McIlrath and a 3rd rounder.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:46 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
You could probably get Sarich for a 3rd rounder. As for Butler his value is a little higher. How about McIlrath and a 3rd rounder.
I would take a 3rd for Either of them.

I think Butler has horrible Value. Sarich is a competitor, Butler is soft and just bad.

You can have Babchuck too.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:02 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Plus, half of the threads on the first page are Flames proposals. Haha
It's funny, practically everyone on HF believes our team sucks, yet most still want to acquire our players.

If our TEAM sucks, don't our PLAYERS suck too?

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I hope this is a sarcastic joke post. If not - There is zero chance that Butler, a 26 year old 3rd pairing dman on an average at best defensive team, with no specialty (ie - physical, PP expert, etc) is worth a teams top defensive prospect, recent top 10 pick and a 3rd.

Fistric got a 3rd and he's worth more because of his physicality

Lovejoy and Ellerby both were traded for 5th rounders

Sarich with an extra year and a NMC is worth a conditional 7th - the condition being man inhabits the moon before this contract expires.

Butler would probably get anywhere from a 3rd to a 5th depending on how desperate the other team is.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
It's funny, practically everyone on HF believes our team sucks, yet most still want to acquire our players.

If our TEAM sucks, don't our PLAYERS suck too?
teams want to add your top 6 forwards and top 4 dmen to their teams bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing D - still find it funny?

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:10 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Sarich or Smith for a 3rd, or Babs for a 5th. I disagree about Butler "being bad"; he's been overall quite solid (and I'd rather keep him for the moment).

Babchuk would only improve your PP, by the way. The Anton does not believe in even strength play.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Chris Butler for Brian Boyle. 4/5 defenseman for a great 4th line centre.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Zoombie

vCash: 50
You can have Babchuck for free, Sarich for a 3rd or 4th pick.

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:47 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
teams want to add your top 6 forwards and top 4 dmen to their teams bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing D - still find it funny?
Quite funny. So what you're saying is, Pittsburgh is interested in acquiring Iginla so he can play on their 3rd/4th line, not with Sidney Crosby. A team would be interested in Bouwmeester so he can play on their bottom pairing D. A team would want Kiprusoff so he can be their back-up goalie.

Is that what you're saying?

Last edited by flameaholic: 03-05-2013 at 10:02 PM.
flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Stryker Island

Quote:

Butler plays too many minutes. When he's sheltered in a 5-6 role, he's done a good job, but when he's thrust into a top 4 spot, his weaknesses are magnified. He logs a lot of minutes for Calgary, but could probably be had for a 3rd rounder, IMO.

Babchuk could probably be had for a 6th rounder, he's in the doghouse in Calgary, which isn't fair, because he's only played 2 games after coming back from a serious injury to start the season. He's got a cannon for a shot, and would be useful to a team looking for help on the 2nd unit PP.

Sarich would likely cost a 4th or 5th, he's a guy that can step right in and play a physical game. He's lost some foot speed over the years, but still plays pretty solid.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:59 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
I saw that the Rangers want more depth what about Butler/Sarich + Stempniak for McIlrath + 3rd?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote