HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roman Hamrlik on waivers

Old
03-05-2013, 01:03 PM
HoseEmDown

vCash: 500
Roman Hamrlik on waivers

Anyone think we should try to claim Hamrlik? Trade MAB for anything, bring hammer back so he can go out a bolt. He's better defensively than MAB and is a RH shot.

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 03-05-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: separate thread
HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:07 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Anyone think we should try to claim Hamrlik? Trade MAB for anything, bring hammer back so he can go out a bolt. He's better defensively than MAB and is a RH shot.
I noticed that and it intrigued me. I doubt he'd be very good though. Being put on waivers usually means you aren't good.

The YzerJesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Sky04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
I noticed that and it intrigued me. I doubt he'd be very good though. Being put on waivers usually means you aren't good.
At this point, anything is an upgrade over Brewer and Carle, Hamrlik could just use a change of scenery, much like Brewer did when he first came here and was amazing.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Crabby Williams

I'd say go for it.

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 50
I'd like to see Hamrlik back.

Xenophobia Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:11 PM
LightningStrikes

Bring back the Hammer!

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:32 PM
BoltSTH

Hamrlik on waivers

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Sear91

Please claim Hammer, PLEASE.

Sear91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:42 PM
I Am Beat You

Do not want.

I Am Beat You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:44 PM
jg39
SFY is great

Quote:
$3.5 million cap hit for a 38 year old defender who has played 4 games this year?

I know he's a Vintage Bolt, but we've had better ideas than to claim Hamrlik...

jg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:45 PM
chasespace

He's on a one year, what could it hurt?

chasespace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

No. I don't really see picking up Hamrlik as a good move. While TB needs to win games now, it'd be wiser to wait until closer to the trade deadline to pick up a defenseman so their downward slide will be minimized.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:54 PM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg39 View Post
$3.5 million cap hit for a 38 year old defender who has played 4 games this year?

I know he's a Vintage Bolt, but we've had better ideas than to claim Hamrlik...
Depth never hurts. Salo is 38, too, BTW. Hamrlik is on a 1-year deal and we have around $6 million in cap space and Ohlund isn't even on LTIR.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
jg39
SFY is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Depth never hurts. Salo is 38, too, BTW. Hamrlik is on a 1-year deal and we have around $6 million in cap space and Ohlund isn't even on LTIR.
I'm all for defensive depth, but I think bringing up Barberio or Gudas would be a better move. It would be relevant to the future of the Lightning instead of bringing in a guy as a plug for 26 games at $3.5m, as I doubt he'd be re-signed. Not a cost effective move imo...it would also save cap space were TB to make a move around the deadline or claim someone better/younger in the future. Just my 2 cents though...

As somewhat of an aside, Mikkelson hasn't impressed me at all this year, and I don't feel like he gives us much depth.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:30 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
I'm all for defensive depth, but I think bringing up Barberio or Gudas would be a better move. It would be relevant to the future of the Lightning instead of bringing in a guy as a plug for 26 games at $3.5m, as I doubt he'd be re-signed. Not a cost effective move imo...it would also save cap space were TB to make a move around the deadline or claim someone better/younger in the future. Just my 2 cents though...

As somewhat of an aside, Mikkelson hasn't impressed me at all this year, and I don't feel like he gives us much depth.
He's better than MAB and we'd be able to keep our young D in the A. It would also look good on the franchise if we bring back some of our former players to let them retire as bolts. Especially the first ever pick in our history.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:33 PM
LightningStrikes

Quote:

Valid points. But Hamrlik could probably step right in as a top-3/top-4 defenseman relieving Brewer and Carle a bit. I am all against rushing a PMD like Barberio just for the sake of giving him a couple of games. Could hurt more than it would benefit his development. Gudas could fit on the 3rd pairing but we already have four guys battling for those two (12F-6D) to three (11F-7D) spots. At this point I'd prefer bringing in a veteran who's able to eat 15-20 minutes per game over destroying the good thing we have going in Syracuse.

$ is not the problem and if we need the cap space to acquire a better player we could still put Ohlund on LTIR.

And, well, he's our first 1st overall pick.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:40 PM
jg39
SFY is great

Quote:
He's better than MAB and we'd be able to keep our young D in the A. It would also look good on the franchise if we bring back some of our former players to let them retire as bolts. Especially the first ever pick in our history.
No arguments about MAB. I'm not saying our D doesn't need help/depth, but he has played 4 games this year...our defense makes enough mistakes as it is, let alone bringing in a guy who hasn't played in almost a month (Feb 7 was his last game).

I like the idea of bringing him back regarding PR. However, a 1 day contract kind of thing accomplishes a lot of the same things, doesn't give our D more growing pains, and doesn't cost a cap hit of $3.5m.

I'm feel I'm in the minority regarding bringing him back, but I don't think it's the smartest move, nor should we scoop up anyone that comes on waivers. Again, just my opinion...

Old
03-05-2013, 04:50 PM
jg39
SFY is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Valid points. But Hamrlik could probably step right in as a top-3/top-4 defenseman relieving Brewer and Carle a bit. I am all against rushing a PMD like Barberio just for the sake of giving him a couple of games. Could hurt more than it would benefit his development. Gudas could fit on the 3rd pairing but we already have four guys battling for those two (12F-6D) to three (11F-7D) spots. At this point I'd prefer bringing in a veteran who's able to eat 15-20 minutes per game over destroying the good thing we have going in Syracuse.

$ is not the problem and if we need the cap space to acquire a better player we could still put Ohlund on LTIR.

And, well, he's our first 1st overall pick.
I don't think Hamrlik right now is in a position to relieve Brewer-Carle with 4 GP this season. I think he'd be a step down compared to them in the short term. I was not aware of the Ohlund LTIR situation, so that's good to know.

Your points regarding Syracuse have merit, as I feel a Crunch d-man or two would have seen a few games in TB had they not been playing as well.

I agree a veteran d-man could be brought in to eat minutes, though I'm just not sure Hamrlik is the right one right now. No idea if a "right one" exists, but ideally, they'd be here longer than 26 games.

EDIT: Thanks to the mods for the new thread...apologies for distracting the GDT

Old
03-05-2013, 05:13 PM
CSampson

Would rather see gudas. I doubt Steve claims him.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Oh God no. You guys are all mental. Dude sucks now.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

If we add a defenseman it needs to be Gudas.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:48 PM
TBLHoser

Expensive gesture on our part but Vinik and SFY don't owe him anything and he's really at the end of his career. I'd rather go with yoots.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Bolt32

I say claim him. WTH on a one year deal, probably would fill that number four spot a hell of a lot better than Carle. If he sucks, just don't resign him.....

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:59 PM
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
I say claim him. WTH on a one year deal, probably would fill that number four spot a hell of a lot better than Carle. If he sucks, just don't resign him.....
So 9M (3.5 + 5.5) to fill the 4th spot?

Given the success of the other Admirals/Crunchers, I'd prefer to see what Gudas can do. I wouldn't want to deplete Syracuse too much though, either.

dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

How come everyone wants Gudas instead of Barberio up? Barbs is the one who won the awards last year. Best Defenseman.

The YzerJesus is online now   Reply With Quote