HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Number One Goalie in Tampa Bay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2013, 11:16 AM
  #1
Tyler Durden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,810
vCash: 500
Number One Goalie in Tampa Bay

Is it going to be Bishop or Lindback, whats going to happen to Garon since one of the first two guys will be the backup thx

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:19 AM
  #2
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Is it going to be Bishop or Lindback, whats going to happen to Garon since one of the first two guys will be the backup thx
Bishop will be the #1 and Garon will back him up, until Lindback returns from injury. I'd like to think that if Bishop runs away with the #1 role in Lindback's absence, the position is his until he has a bad game or two. Both will likely be rotated next season though. Garon is a UFA this summer and will be let go.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:38 AM
  #3
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 500
Are you referring to this year or next? This year it's obviously Bishop with Garon backing him up with Garon probably only playing on the back to backs. Not sure if Lindback will be back this season.
Next year it's open competition for the #1, whoever wins it between Lindback and Bishop gets the start at the beginning of the year. I'm sure they'll try to do a 50/30 split to get them both looks but I'm sure Coop will go with the hot hand.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:44 AM
  #4
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 19,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Is it going to be Bishop or Lindback, whats going to happen to Garon since one of the first two guys will be the backup thx
We'll finish the season with all 3 goalies on the roster, and then Garon won't be re-signed.

https://twitter.com/PSCrunchHockey
Quote:
BriseBois said TB will carry three goalies the rest of the season, Garon, Lindback and Bishop.
For next season I'm assuming we'll then go with Bishop and Lindback being in a 1A 1B situation until someone takes control of the job.

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
  #5
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Are you referring to this year or next? This year it's obviously Bishop with Garon backing him up with Garon probably only playing on the back to backs. Not sure if Lindback will be back this season.
Next year it's open competition for the #1, whoever wins it between Lindback and Bishop gets the start at the beginning of the year. I'm sure they'll try to do a 50/30 split to get them both looks but I'm sure Coop will go with the hot hand.
What's a 50/30 split?

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:14 PM
  #6
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
What's a 50/30 split?
50 games + 30 games = 80 games

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:16 PM
  #7
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
50 games + 30 games = 80 games
Thanks, I always do the splits on percentages so I was confused.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
  #8
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
50 games + 30 games = 80 games
Guess we will try the strategy of an empty net for the other 2 games.

IdealisticSniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:26 PM
  #9
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Guess we will try the strategy of an empty net for the other 2 games.
Seems like it's no different than starting Garon sometimes

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:41 PM
  #10
BoltSTH
Registered User
 
BoltSTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Hopefully at least 1 of Bishop or Lindback becomes a NHL starter (60 games +), and ideally both reach that level. I don't think either will ever be an elite goalie (top 5 in NHL) but top 20 is a lot better than we have had since Khabi left.

If we can get Vasilevskiy over to play in the AHL next season, in 2 or 3 years we will have a nice trade piece in either Lindback or Bishop. In my opinion Vasilevskiy will be an elite goalie, it will 3+ years before he is starting in the NHL. If we get solid goal tending to bridge the gap the future looks good.

BoltSTH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:04 PM
  #11
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash
 
Xenophobia Catalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adver City
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,083
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Hopefully at least 1 of Bishop or Lindback becomes a NHL starter (60 games +), and ideally both reach that level. I don't think either will ever be an elite goalie (top 5 in NHL) but top 20 is a lot better than we have had since Khabi left.

If we can get Vasilevskiy over to play in the AHL next season, in 2 or 3 years we will have a nice trade piece in either Lindback or Bishop. In my opinion Vasilevskiy will be an elite goalie, it will 3+ years before he is starting in the NHL. If we get solid goal tending to bridge the gap the future looks good.
Getting Vasilevskiy over quickly will be a good idea but who stays on Syracuse? Janus sounds like he wants to come back over and Riku is on a 1 way deal next year. There is also CD.

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:38 PM
  #12
CC321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
Vasilevsky could play a year in the OHL, leaving Janus and Helenius in the AHL. Desjardins is an UFA after this season, he might leave. Janus and Vasi may stay in the KHL for another season also. Lots of options. We suddenly have good goaltender depth, woot woot.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 01:43 PM
  #13
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
Vasilevsky could play a year in the OHL, leaving Janus and Helenius in the AHL. Desjardins is an UFA after this season, he might leave. Janus and Vasi may stay in the KHL for another season also. Lots of options. We suddenly have good goaltender depth, woot woot.
These are the two goalies I always envisioned starting in Syracuse next year, with Vasi getting another year in the KHL before coming over.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:12 PM
  #14
BoltSTH
Registered User
 
BoltSTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
These are the two goalies I always envisioned starting in Syracuse next year, with Vasi getting another year in the KHL before coming over.
Problem is Vasilevsky is riding the bench in the KHL (8 games KHL, 27 MHL). Better he comes over and gets used to NA rinks and style, even if is the OHL.

BoltSTH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:21 PM
  #15
Jacko95
Registered User
 
Jacko95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
I would like to see Vasya in the OHL, the Mississauga Steelheads are one of the worser teams, so it could be a good experience to carry a team on his back for next season.

I could see Janus and Helenius in the AHL next year and if Janus is good, I could see him being trade at the deadline or the draft to a team that needs a young backup, because he has now no real chance to play in Tampa.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:45 PM
  #16
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Problem is Vasilevsky is riding the bench in the KHL (8 games KHL, 27 MHL). Better he comes over and gets used to NA rinks and style, even if is the OHL.
Good point, is he available for the import draft? What are the rules surrounding NHL drafted players coming overseas for Jr. hockey?

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:51 PM
  #17
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,145
vCash: 500
I'm like 90% sure he'll be in NA for next season.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:55 PM
  #18
Jacko95
Registered User
 
Jacko95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
Good point, is he available for the import draft? What are the rules surrounding NHL drafted players coming overseas for Jr. hockey?
He is alredy drafted by the Mississauga Steelheads

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:19 PM
  #19
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
He is alredy drafted by the Mississauga Steelheads
Thanks. Well then he's entering a fairly good environment since they qualified for the playoffs this year as the 8th seed and seem to have had pretty decent goaltending this year. He'll only hopefully make them better.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.