HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

The CIS 2013 University Cup

Old
03-16-2013, 03:15 PM
wolf13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cishockeyfan View Post
It's a piss off Bloodoff is allowed to play today after the hit to the head to the Alberta player cause Steinburgh found a slip up in rule book. It's stmarys plays in the final tommorow and bloodoff does play again what a joke to mr criticchelow who's watching the whole tournament from the stands thanks to....mr steinburgh
If they advance he will have to be suspended. They won't have any choice. The CIS would look absolutely awful if they didn't.

wolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1X View Post
Yes it would have to be a CIS ruling, and since (they even repeated it) it is not written in to the CIS rules like the other conference rules, he was allowed to play today. If he had received the major in an AUS game it would have been an automatic 1 game suspension.
I'm thinking that is only an AUS rule. I don't think Canada West has it either.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Prov1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I'm thinking that is only an AUS rule. I don't think Canada West has it either.
Quite possible, though I thought that the commentators were saying pre-game because of it not being written in to the CIS rules it wasn't an automatic thing. Will have to go and look it up. Either way, I am sure that it will be reviewed.

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Quite possible, though I thought that the commentators were saying pre-game because of it not being written in to the CIS rules it wasn't an automatic thing. Will have to go and look it up. Either way, I am sure that it will be reviewed.
I found the Canada West regulations and the only auto suspension is for fighting. For some reason that can be waived if the fight happened in a non-conference game. I guess the only thing I can figure is it allows for a fight if say Team "Saskatchewan" is playing the Canadian Juniors or whatever, where a fight isn't automatically against the rules.

But definitely there are also CIS rules that try and level the playing field for everyone. I know in football (as I am way more into CIS football than hockey), the Bowl Games and Vanier Cup have different roster rules for the visiting teams than Canada West does in their own games. I believe it is equal numbers, whereas in CW games the home team can dress more than the visitors.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:42 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

The conferences each of their own set of rules, and then the CIS has their own set of rules....why they aren't all synced doesn't make sense to me.

UNB Bruins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Prov1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
The conferences each of their own set of rules, and then the CIS has their own set of rules....why they aren't all synced doesn't make sense to me.
Because common sense is not so common?

Old
03-16-2013, 03:45 PM
wolf13

This could make for a weird end to this game if the score were to stay at 2-1. SMU would have to pull their goalie to try to get a 3rd goal. Either that or allow Waterloo to tie it up and go for the win in OT.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:47 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

And that kind of begs the question...can the AUS suspend Bloodoff for games next season based on something that happened at the UCup?

Old
03-16-2013, 03:47 PM
RED ARMY EAST

It's a complete joke, if he get's to play Sunday. After all of the whining that Steinberg has done with the STU incident and Chritchlow, heck he should sit him out himself. Practice what you preach,Trevor!

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 03:53 PM
wolf13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
It's a complete joke, if he get's to play Sunday. After all of the whining that Steinberg has done with the STU incident and Chritchlow, heck he should sit him out himself. Practice what you preach,Trevor!
They couldn't let him play. That would be awful PR for any organization, little own the CIS. He needs and deserves a lengthy suspension. Perhaps the video from Friday wasn't clear, but thanks to Sportsnet they have perfect video of todays hit and it was a complete cheap shot. Next year in the AUS SMU's players had better not be involved in any questionable hits because everyone will rember what Steinberg and Bloodoff pulled this year.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Prov1X

Quote:
And that kind of begs the question...can the AUS suspend Bloodoff for games next season based on something that happened at the UCup?
NO, and I don't believe that he would sit him out without a suspension. Although Troy Ryan did do something similar this season, and if memory serves me correctly, Steinberg praised him publicly for doing it.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:14 PM
wolf13

SMU really has to open things up. They have to get another goal. All allowing a second goal does to them is make it that they probably can't afford to allow a third one. Waterloo doesn't appear capable of opening it up.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:37 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Who advances, if it goes to o.t, with SMU winning 3-2?

Old
03-16-2013, 04:42 PM
wolf13

Quote:
Who advances, if it goes to o.t, with SMU winning 3-2?
Doesn't matter now, but it would have been SMU.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:42 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Alberta is eliminated...now it comes down to whoever wins this game.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:46 PM
RED ARMY EAST

Quote:
NO, and I don't believe that he would sit him out without a suspension. Although Troy Ryan did do something similar this season, and if memory serves me correctly, Steinberg praised him publicly for doing it.
He said" that it was a breath of fresh air", that Ryan took it upon himself, doing the right thing and suspendid his own player for his actions.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:58 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
He said" that it was a breath of fresh air", that Ryan took it upon himself, doing the right thing and suspendid his own player for his actions.
It will be interesting to see what happens...I don't think the CIS will do anything, or I have no faith in them doing anything.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:08 PM
wolf13

Quote:
It will be interesting to see what happens...I don't think the CIS will do anything, or I have no faith in them doing anything.
With it occurring on national television for the second consecutive day I think they need to. Sportsnet will likely be airing that every time they do the recap before tomorrow's game. Today you also have former NFL running back Brian Westbrook talking about how he is experiencing memory loss from concussions. If any level of sport should be active in trying to protect their players, it is university sport. If they don't I'm sure some journalist will gladly take the opportunity to take them to task for it.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:09 PM
cishockeyfan

The least Steinburgh and St Mary's can do tomorrow is let Cameron critchelow keep Bloodoffs stats for him on a notepad up in the stands

Hard to say if the 24 hour + rest will be smus advantage tomorrow it will be their third game in 3 days and I wouldn't exactly say Waterloo provided tough competition either.

Should be a tight game tonight I'm looking at a 4-2 UNB victory

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:15 PM
wolf13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cishockeyfan View Post
The least Steinburgh and St Mary's can do tomorrow is let Cameron critchelow keep Bloodoffs stats for him on a notepad up in the stands

Hard to say if the 24 hour + rest will be smus advantage tomorrow it will be their third game in 3 days and I wouldn't exactly say Waterloo provided tough competition either.

Should be a tight game tonight I'm looking at a 4-2 UNB victory
I think SMU, having played 3 games in 3 days, would be at a disadvantage tomorrow should they face UNB. If they face UQTR I think SMU would have a slight advantage.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Prov1X

I highly doubt that he will get any further discipline unfortunately. And to be honest, it wasn't the worst hit in the world, but to have two hitting to the head majors in back to back games, something should be done. And being an UNB fan makes it worse seeing that Cam got 5 Games for essentially the same type of hit (can't even say penalty because none was assessed originally).

Old
03-16-2013, 05:41 PM
wolf13

Quote:
I highly doubt that he will get any further discipline unfortunately. And to be honest, it wasn't the worst hit in the world, but to have two hitting to the head majors in back to back games, something should be done. And being an UNB fan makes it worse seeing that Cam got 5 Games for essentially the same type of hit (can't even say penalty because none was assessed originally).
It was a clear hit to the head and he was clearly out there head hunting. You would think he would have toned it down some after yesterday. If that hit happens in the NHL that is a suspension. He's also a repeat offender. Two major penalties in a tournament and you should be out of the rest of the tournament.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Rob

I hope the reporters there at least ask some questions.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Prov1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13 View Post
It was a clear hit to the head and he was clearly out there head hunting. You would think he would have toned it down some after yesterday. If that hit happens in the NHL that is a suspension. He's also a repeat offender. Two major penalties in a tournament and you should be out of the rest of the tournament.
Again, common sense would make one think that, but who knows. CIS Player of the Year playing in the finals also has some influence on the decision too I bet. Like I said, I don't agree with it, especially having Cam Critchlow sitting in the stands for the entire tourney!

Old
03-16-2013, 06:09 PM
wolf13

Quote:
Again, common sense would make one think that, but who knows. CIS Player of the Year playing in the finals also has some influence on the decision too I bet. Like I said, I don't agree with it, especially having Cam Critchlow sitting in the stands for the entire tourney!
Him being the player of the year could go either way. If he is playing I'm sure the announcers are only going to be to happy to mention that he was ejected from the last 2 games for head shots. Hasn't been a good tournament for CIS award winners. Bloodoff spending most of it in the stands and Mucha getting yanked for Alberta.