HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do the Habs need Heavyweight enforcer? Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
There are many teams with enforcers who have more injuries than the Habs. Carrying a Matt Kassian won't keep Horton from sucker punching Subban, and it certainly won't keep Prust from going into the boards awkwardly after a race for the puck.
It's been known, though the media, that Prust had a injured shoulder since his fight with Finley and Lucic.

Let Prust fight heavyweight while other team, espicially in our division, are big, mean teams with some heavyweights.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:10 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Sharks store offers one stop-shopping, for a limited time only. Buy one Clowe and receive one Murray FREE. Seriously, both are UFA and likely not on sharks next year. Probably could be had for Gionta/DD + a pick. (or if you don't want to give up roster players, a 1st and a good forward prospect with wheels.) Make us an offer.
habs will not give that much for a rental.......

Old
03-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
It's been known, though the media, that Prust had a injured shoulder since his fight with Finley and Lucic.

Let Prust fight heavyweight while other team, espicially in our division, are big, mean teams with some heavyweights.
This. Prust's shoulder injury dates back from his fight with Finley, a guy way over his weight class.

And we can even add Emelin who could easily have been murdered by Chara the other night.

And yes, having an HW could prevent Horton from going ape-**** on Subban. Might not prevent injuries, but there's a lot of prevention to be done on that aspect.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:14 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
This. Prust's shoulder injury dates back from his fight with Finley, a guy way over his weight class.

And we can even add Emelin who could easily have been murdered by Chara the other night.

And yes, having an HW could prevent Horton from going ape-**** on Subban. Might not prevent injuries, but there's a lot of prevention to be done on that aspect.
Just to be clear, Prust went after Finley, not the other way around.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:16 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
because of a cheap shot

Old
03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
habs will not give that much for a rental.......
Two rentals, that fit your immediate cap run needs, but who is counting. I only suggested gionta because I thought he was a cap concern for you next year.

So, counter offer with conditional 2014 picks coming your way if clowe does not re-sign. You know your potential trade chips better than me (for absolute sure). Sharks are likely shopping both these guys, you seem to covet them or players like them, should be a deal to be made.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Andy

Prust injured the other shoulder that he supposedly hurt in a fight with Finley.

Also, if we want to be accurate, Prust has had shoulder problems since the first game against the Leafs where he got hurt giving a check in his first shift with the team.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Yeah, and who else would've gone after him if Prust didn't? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Finley hit Eller from behind into the boards.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:21 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
because of a cheap shot
mostly because he was on the ice, inches away from the play. enforcer or not, chances are Prust would have jumped on Finley anyway.

unless you think our Enforcer would have played 3rd line with Eller, Gally, etc. (if so,
and the guy is good enough for 3rd line, we arent talking about an enforcer anymore)

Old
03-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Prust injured the other shoulder that he supposedly hurt in a fight with Finley.

Also, if we want to be accurate, Prust has had shoulder problems since the first game against the Leafs where he got hurt giving a check in his first shift with the team.
Prust scored a denied goal in his first shift of the year.
Actually, Prust's first hit this season was 13 minutes in the 1st period. After his fight.

So yeah. I don't think this theory makes much sense.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:24 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Yeah, and who else would've gone after him if Prust didn't? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Prust was right there, inches away from the shot, think he would have gladly went to the bench withough doing anything, thinking "our enforcer will take care of it" ?

don't be silly now...

you can bring examples of where an enforcer could have been of some use, this particular play is NOT one of them.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
mostly because he was on the ice, inches away from the play. enforcer or not, chances are Prust would have jumped on Finley anyway.

unless you think our Enforcer would have played 3rd line with Eller, Gally, etc. (if so,
and the guy is good enough for 3rd line, we arent talking about an enforcer anymore)
You're really living in denial if you think that Prust can keep doing that without missing a beat.

He's on pace for career-highs in hits, fights, minutes and in almost every aspect of the game. And really, it's not even by a small margin. It's by a lot. He's not used to doing that much, but he still has to because nobody else contributes in that aspect of the game.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:26 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
You're really living in denial if you think that Prust can keep doing that without missing a beat.

He's on pace for career-highs in hits, fights, minutes and in almost every aspect of the game. And really, it's not even by a small margin. It's by a lot. He's not used to doing that much, but he still has to because nobody else contributes in that aspect of the game.
care to show me where I said that ?

thank you.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Prust was right there, inches away from the shot, think he would have gladly went to the bench withough doing anything, thinking "our enforcer will take care of it" ?

don't be silly now...

you can bring examples of where an enforcer could have been of some use, this particular play is NOT one of them.
Enforcing is only one of the multiple parts of the game Prust needs help with.

Just ask yourself. Had Prust not been on the ice at this particular moment, who would've gone after Finley later on in the game? That's right. Prust would've had to do it.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:29 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Enforcing is only one of the multiple parts of the game Prust needs help with.
then, you're not talking about getting an enforcer anymore.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
then, you're not talking about getting an enforcer anymore.
I'm talking about getting a physical guy who hits, fight, and takes care of the dirty **** happening after the whistles.

If there are none available, a pure enforcer would still be better than nothing.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

I am surprised that Bergevin is not addressing this obvious need.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:42 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Pretty sure Bergervin is looking for a HW but that can play hockey and not just a rental.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:42 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Two rentals, that fit your immediate cap run needs, but who is counting. I only suggested gionta because I thought he was a cap concern for you next year.

So, counter offer with conditional 2014 picks coming your way if clowe does not re-sign. You know your potential trade chips better than me (for absolute sure). Sharks are likely shopping both these guys, you seem to covet them or players like them, should be a deal to be made.
you suggested Gionta/DD + a pick Or a 1st and a good prospect........

Old
03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Bieber fever

I don't get the "an enforcer will not play in the playoff" or " he will not play game all games in the regulars".....so what lol ? Most o them cost below 1M$

Old
03-12-2013, 06:52 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
I don't get the "an enforcer will not play in the playoff" or " he will not play game all games in the regulars".....so what lol ? Most o them cost below 1M$
simple, there's 22 games left, so if your enforcer is playing 1/4 or 1/5 of the games, he'll play 5 games at most...

how much efforts would you put into scouting and negiciating to get an guy who'll play 4 or 5 games ?

if we were at the beginning of a standard regular season, then 1/4 is more or less 20 games, totally different story.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Bieber fever

Maybe that's why we don't have an enforcer.MG is waiting for the next season

Old
03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
I'm talking about getting a physical guy who hits, fight, and takes care of the dirty **** happening after the whistles.

If there are none available, a pure enforcer would still be better than nothing.
actually, that's what your 1st paragraph describes, an enforcer. Nothing else.

There's no shame in liking to see guys hitting eachothers and whatnot, you dont need to find any B.S. excuses as to why MB should bring one. It's o.k.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
you suggested Gionta/DD + a pick Or a 1st and a good prospect........
Yes that is what I think would get you our two rentals.

Clowe + Murray for your 1st and a decent forward prospect (basically what twitter is saying today for Clowe alone, which is a prospect too much from what I think he will return)

or

Clowe + Murray for Gionta (minus million cap) + a pick

or

Clowe + Murray for DD + a pick

values of picks I leave for you to decide (in sharks-land, 7ths are more valuable to us than 5ths). Either Gionta or DD would help the sharks immensely with our scoring drought. Murray and Clowe would help you in your big man arms race. Either of them on the ice should reduce the runs your stars have been absorbing.

Closed Thread