HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burtulin?

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 12:58 PM
Mike The Wall

vCash: 500
Burtulin?

Does anybody know at all what is happening with him

Old
09-23-2003, 01:13 PM
habsfan11

he had a solid year last year, but i dont know if hell ever come to NA. He doesnt seem to want to play in the nhl. I believe he turned down a contract offer a few years ago.

Old
09-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
he had a solid year last year, but i dont know if hell ever come to NA. He doesnt seem to want to play in the nhl. I believe he turned down a contract offer a few years ago.
Too bad, I thought he had a very good potential to be a good nhler.

Old
09-23-2003, 02:25 PM
NWT Habs Fan

He was chosen to be part of the Russian national team this year as part of a Eurotour. Apparently he injured his groin early in preparation for the tour. He will be playing for Lada in the RSL this upcoming season. He obviously has the talent enough to get selected by Tikhonov, who is a notoriously tough coach. He only turns 22 this fall I believe, so all is not quite lost yet for him. Hope his recovery from injury is quick and he has a good season this year in the RSL.

Old
09-23-2003, 02:30 PM
NWT Habs Fan

I double checked some info from another board and supposedly he was doing quite well in the preseason. Here was an earlier report from Mr Bozo from HabsRUs:

"Buturlin's had three goals during this preseason. He also had an assist in the first game of the Lada Cup (vs. the Khimik). This tournament is not over yet. The organizers of the Cup of Bashkortostan President named him the best forward of the tournament."

As for his turning down the contract, he was only 19 at the time and in an interview over the summer with him, he indicated that he still would like to play in the NHL.

Old
09-23-2003, 02:45 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Here's a link to his profile at russianprospects

http://www.russianprospects.com/profile.php?player_id=3

Hasn't played yet this season, don't know how bad the groin injury is. Should be on the top line again in Lada. Just turned 22 on Sept 3rd.

Old
09-23-2003, 04:00 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Here's a link to his profile at russianprospects

http://www.russianprospects.com/profile.php?player_id=3

Hasn't played yet this season, don't know how bad the groin injury is. Should be on the top line again in Lada. Just turned 22 on Sept 3rd.
Dan, have you seen any of his televised games at all? I haven't and can only assess his talent based on what I have read on the net, etc.

Old
09-23-2003, 04:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Dan, have you seen any of his televised games at all? I haven't and can only assess his talent based on what I have read on the net, etc.

No, but I should have some of his games on tape this year.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:30 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
No, but I should have some of his games on tape this year.
I saw Buturlin play about 5 or 6 times when he was with Sarnia. He is actually more of a two way player than an offensive player. I would say his top end potential in the NHL would probably be as a 3rd liner as his skills, while better than average are really not good enough to allow him to be a consistent scoring threat in the NHL. The main concern with Buturlin is his straight ahead speed and lack of size (common themes in Montreal). The good news is that Buturlin is known to have a good work ethic and was considered a leader in the Sarnia dressing room.

The funny thing about watching Buturlin in Sarnia was it was hard to take your eyes off another Sting player who at the time was undrafted.That player was Eric Himelfarb , who by no coincidence was drafted the following spring by Montreal. Himelfarb has since been let go (in my opinion desevedly so) after a couple of disappointing seasons in Barrie.
Montreal never actually tendered a contract offer to Buturlin as there was no reason to force the issue because Buturlin was drafted while he was still in Russia. Buturlin chose to go back to Russia instead of returning to Sarnia as an overager.

Old
09-24-2003, 10:13 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
I saw Buturlin play about 5 or 6 times when he was with Sarnia. He is actually more of a two way player than an offensive player. I would say his top end potential in the NHL would probably be as a 3rd liner as his skills, while better than average are really not good enough to allow him to be a consistent scoring threat in the NHL. The main concern with Buturlin is his straight ahead speed and lack of size (common themes in Montreal). The good news is that Buturlin is known to have a good work ethic and was considered a leader in the Sarnia dressing room.

The funny thing about watching Buturlin in Sarnia was it was hard to take your eyes off another Sting player who at the time was undrafted.That player was Eric Himelfarb , who by no coincidence was drafted the following spring by Montreal. Himelfarb has since been let go (in my opinion desevedly so) after a couple of disappointing seasons in Barrie.
Montreal never actually tendered a contract offer to Buturlin as there was no reason to force the issue because Buturlin was drafted while he was still in Russia. Buturlin chose to go back to Russia instead of returning to Sarnia as an overager.

From what I hear he's bulked up some in Lada. Playing on the top line for 2 seasons in the RSL should help his game out a lot. Don't know if we will ever see him over here though.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:40 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Mike, I thought you would be interested in this latest news about Buturlin. This was posted by Rimmer on Habsrus:

"great news: Buturlin played and assisted on both goals in Lada's win over CSKA (2-0)! Kastytsin didn't play for CSKA."

So, it looks like his groin injury is healed and he picked up where he left off in preseason with a 2 point game during his first game back.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Mike, I thought you would be interested in this latest news about Buturlin. This was posted by Rimmer on Habsrus:

"great news: Buturlin played and assisted on both goals in Lada's win over CSKA (2-0)! Kastytsin didn't play for CSKA."

So, it looks like his groin injury is healed and he picked up where he left off in preseason with a 2 point game during his first game back.

thanks

Closed Thread