HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Franck
En enda kšnsla...

vCash: 50
I don't think any of the words I'd like to say about the Emelin injury would make it past the word filter.

Losing him and his physical presence is a big hit to this team.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Time for either Kaberle or Tinordi to step up. Pair Markov with Diaz when he's back.

Markov-Diaz
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Drewiske/Kaberle/Tinordi
Sure, Kaberle is a plug-in replacement for Emelin. Not to mention that he's being shelved so that he can be bought out while he's uninjured.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:07 PM
TheGoalJudge

I have the solution:

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Subban

Old
04-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
I have the solution:

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Subban
Needs more Subbans.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:15 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV 10m
Not much talk in hockey community of Lucic getting knee up into Emelin's thigh.

Hit goes very differently if Lucic keeps his blades on ice.
Expand
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 9m
@BWildeCTV No one's talking about it because it's ridiculous.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV 8m
@ArponBasu what do you mean Arpon?
Expand
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 6m
@BWildeCTV It's ridiculous to think Lucic was doing anything other than bracing himself for a big hit. It was a split second reaction.
Expand
BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV 4m
@ArponBasu I differ. And I don't feel like a public spat so we'll leave it there.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:23 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I have a feeling Tinordi could break out if given the chance in the Post Season. It fits his style of play and gives him the chance to be overly physical in front of the net without being penalized as much.
Ditto, about Tinordi.

But god I am sooooo sad/mad about Emelin. =[

Old
04-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Do you agree with Wilde?

Old
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Teamwork

This is actually a really big blow to our defence. I wish we had a player like Erskine to take his spot!

Old
04-08-2013, 01:56 PM
crystal ball

Oh man, when it rains it pours. Now Pacioretty's hurt too.
http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...en-at-practice

Old
04-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
Day-to-Day. No biggie. Expect players to be careful with 10 games to play and a playoffs spot virtually in the pocket.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:09 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
I can almost guarentee you that Patches will be in the lineup tomorrow night, he's not call Wolverine for nothing...

Old
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwork View Post
This is actually a really big blow to our defence. I wish we had a player like Erskine to take his spot!
If Erkine took Emelin's spot we'd be in trouble. He's not a guy that should be playing 20 minutes a game.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:28 PM
elsubz

Some people are really calling Emelin average? I think some of you guys have been a little spoiled with the Dcorp we've had since the start of the season. The guy plays around 20mins, plays a physical game, is a great Pker and has some offensive awareness. Pretty much an ideal 3rd dman. Not the kind of player that is easily replaced. Pretty much the only dman other forwards had to fear entering our blueline. Now we have none.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

Hit goes very differently if Lucic keeps his blades on ice.
Expand
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 9m
@BWildeCTV No one's talking about it because it's ridiculous.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV 8m
@ArponBasu what do you mean Arpon?
Expand
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 6m
@BWildeCTV It's ridiculous to think Lucic was doing anything other than bracing himself for a big hit. It was a split second reaction.
Expand
BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV 4m
@ArponBasu I differ. And I don't feel like a public spat so we'll leave it there.
hate to say it but i agree with arpon bigtime, gotta take off our bruin hating goggles on this one

Old
04-08-2013, 02:39 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Don't get how people are hating on Lucic. Sure it wasn't 100% clean, but Emelin went for the hit and connected awkwardly. This happens. No point in harping on how dirty the Bruins are when Lucic didn't do anything wrong, chances are it won't be long before we can discuss them actually being dirty.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Bloumeister
Weakileaks source

@JohnLuTSNMtl

#Habs Emelin suffered a torn left ACL, severity undisclosed. Recovery time, if surgery is required, can take up to 9 months.

But Markov knows a good doctor

Old
04-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Seb
Michel Therrien

vCash: 50
Yeah, we won't see him for a bit next season either.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:44 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Every fanbase has a few dummies, like Canadiens fans blaming Lucic for Emelin's injury.
It may have been inadvertent, but Emelin's injury DID occur because Lucic brought out his knee as a (perhaps "defensive") weapon.

If Lucic had been the one going in for a hit, and delivered a bent limb, either elbow or knee, he would have been subject to a penalty if caught.

Well, the situation is no different because of "defending yourself". You have a right to defend yourself from an attack, but not from a legal check. Just like you can't high stick a guy coming in for a legal check, you also can't elbow him, slash him or KNEE HIM.

But hey, this is the bush league NHL, where Gregory Campbell can pummel Tom Pyatt repeatedly with a hard plastic elbow pad and get no suspension or fine, and Evander Kane can almost decapitate Emelin the other day with Emelin's OWN helmet, and not even get a call from the league.

And of course, Zdeno Chara can spend three games trying to find ways to get back at Max Pacioretty for a tiny shove that enraged the brute, including a vicious slash on the back of the leg caught by many cameras but not addressed by the league, until the manhunt ended almost in an ultimate tragedy (and by that I don't mean the loss of the ability to watch movies).

So basically I don't expect much rationality, from Boston players, from Boston fans, or from the league office.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Don't get how people are hating on Lucic. Sure it wasn't 100% clean, but Emelin went for the hit and connected awkwardly. This happens. No point in harping on how dirty the Bruins are when Lucic didn't do anything wrong, chances are it won't be long before we can discuss them actually being dirty.
Agreed.

After the hit, I was looking at Lucic very closely to see if there was any sign of mockery but I could discern none. I think Horton came over to Lucic to talk while waiting for the medical staff to take Emelin off the ice and I saw no grin or anything of that sort from both players.

And I read that Lucic had only respectful comment about the incident after the game.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Habssince89
Bandwagon Subban fan

vCash: 351
Anyone blaming Lucic has to take a step back and relax. This whole thing was a one in a million freak accident. Lucic braced himself, Emelin hit his knee and fell awkwardly. Big loss, but not a dirty play whatsoever.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
It may have been inadvertent, but Emelin's injury DID occur because Lucic brought out his knee as a (perhaps "defensive") weapon.

If Lucic had been the one going in for a hit, and delivered a bent limb, either elbow or knee, he would have been subject to a penalty if caught.

Well, the situation is no different because of "defending yourself". You have wa right to defend yourself from an attack, but not from a legal check. Just like you can't high stick a guy coming in for a legal check, you also can't elbow him, slash him or KNEE HIM.

But hey, this is the bush league NHL, where Gregory Campbell can pummel Tom Pyatt repeatedly with a hard plastic elbow pad and get no suspension or fine, and Evander Kane can almost decapitate Emelin the other day with Emelin's OWN helmet, and not even get a call from the league.

And of course, Zdeno Chara can spend three games trying to find ways to get back at Max Pacioretty, including a vicious slash on the back of the leg caught by many cameras but not addressed by the league, until the manhunt ended almost in an ultimate tragedy (and by that I don't mean the loss of the ability to watch movies).

So basically I don't expect much rationality, from Boston players, from Boston fans, or from the league office.
Lucic didn't "stick out" his knee, he was in the process of skating and turning to his right. As much as he is a *********, I don't blame him for what happened.

Emelin is a big hitter and sometimes things go wrong and you get hurt. I still find it hillarious that some fans are saying he was hurt because Lucic is so big and strong

I'm sure if Lucic runs into Desharnais' knee in the same manner, his knee wouldn't be in good shape.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:51 PM
68*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I agree. It was an accident.

I don't know why Lucic is the most hated Bruin on this board. He will crosscheck players but he will never cross the line. Shawn Thornton is OK too.

POS like Chara, Ference, McQuaid, Marchand, Boychuk, Campbell are who you should hate.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

Well, the situation is no different because of "defending yourself". You have wa right to defend yourself from an attack, but not from a legal check. Just like you can't high stick a guy coming in for a legal check, you also can't elbow him, slash him or KNEE HIM.
I see it more as flinching as a result of Alexei Emelin (the notorious hitter) appearing at full speed in front of his face...

I'm always willing to recognize the Bruins as goons and divers but in this case, it was literally a knee-jerk reaction

Old
04-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Lucic didn't "stick out" his knee, he was in the process of skating and turning to his right. As much as he is a *********, I don't blame him for what happened.

Emelin is a big hitter and sometimes things go wrong and you get hurt. I still find it hillarious that some fans are saying he was hurt because Lucic is so big and strong

I'm sure if Lucic runs into Desharnais' knee in the same manner, his knee wouldn't be in good shape.
You mean Desharnais' face right?

Old
04-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Classless Goon
Free Haley

Question for Habs fans.

I know that Emelin has a metal plate surgically inserted in his face and that it's the reason he wears a visor but I also heard that the condition was severe enough that he could literally die from a punch to the face if not careful. Is that true?

Closed Thread