HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Takashi

vCash: 500
Could Emelin play in the playoffs?

Old
04-08-2013, 04:44 PM
McNuts

I have zero class. I can't wait for a big Bruins player getting seriously hurt.

Just kidding. Bruins fans are ****ing disgusting.

Old
04-08-2013, 04:47 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Just a fan, but why does it seem we lose a player every important game? Really!

Old
04-08-2013, 04:50 PM
roy munson

Their thread about Emelin's injury is filled with 6 years old still saying "Call 911 lolz I'm funny haha lmao 911!!!1!". God they're pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
I have zero class. I can't wait for a big Bruins player getting seriously hurt.

Just kidding. Bruins fans are ****ing disgusting.
Yes they are. Add their media people and J. Edwards to the mix and it makes for a very classy town.

Old
04-08-2013, 04:57 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Any updates on Rafi Diaz?

Old
04-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

That was the worst possible news for Emelin. First concern is the lack of top 4 quality at the moment... hopefully Diaz can get back in and fix that.

But the other concern I have cannot be repaired this year... and that's the loss of ruggedness and physicality that the blue line was already lacking a little bit.

The habs can't really afford to lose anymore regular d-men for the playoff drive to be a long one.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:01 PM
nitric
German Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Their thread about Emelin's injury is filled with 6 years old still saying "Call 911 lolz I'm funny haha lmao 911!!!1!". God they're pathetic.

Yes they are. Add their media people and J. Edwards to the mix and it makes for a very classy town.
I wouldn't say filled, I think I only saw that said once or twice, but could be wrong. This all goes both ways of course. Trolls and trolling comments are always much more irritating if they are from a fanbase you hate. Which is why Canadien trolls probably fly under your radar but Bruins trolls don't. I can tell you that you guys have some really interesting comments over here many times, lol. I don't read too much because it makes me angry, which is probably how you feel reading Bostons forum.

I recall a GDT over here with comments like "please kill the Bruins" and "rip their lungs out" which was a new one to me . After that I decided maybe I'll steer clear....

Anyways, just wanted to say how it does go both ways. Yes, there are some people who may seem happy that Emelin is injured but I have seen many Habs posters who have called for and wanted to see guys like Marchand and Chara hurt. It's the internet after all. Put a group of posters from both sides in an actual room and we would probably all get along...

Old
04-08-2013, 05:03 PM
dutchy29

Yep looks like one of our young D from Hamilton will get a chance in the playoffs.
The only thing I can keep thinking is at least its not PK or Markov, What is Kaberle's status? off team?

Old
04-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
Yep looks like one of our young D from Hamilton will get a chance in the playoffs.
The only thing I can keep thinking is at least its not PK or Markov, What is Kaberle's status? off team?
Best way to describe his status is "bubble-wrapped"

It certainly appears that the team fully intends to buy him out in the summer, and don't want to take any chances with his health.

Its too bad, because I have been critical of him this season, but the team could use him right now. I'd rather have him fill out the top 6 than a body from hamilton (or Weber) right now.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:15 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Any update on Collberg's concussion?

Old
04-08-2013, 05:17 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Best way to describe his status is "bubble-wrapped"

It certainly appears that the team fully intends to buy him out in the summer, and don't want to take any chances with his health.

Its too bad, because I have been critical of him this season, but the team could use him right now. I'd rather have him fill out the top 6 than a body from hamilton (or Weber) right now.
And if he got hurt and we had to keep him on payroll, how many more years is he signed to? I mean at least he has experience, check the stats this season, not terrible.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:25 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
While I'll admit Kaberle still has value, Beaulieu is in gameshape and is on a hotstreak. I'm excited to see him get an extended look with the big club.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:34 PM
habsfanatics

Completely inadvertent play there, I'm not a Lucic fan boy, but it was just a case of Emelin getting seriously unlucky.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:36 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I agree. It was an accident.

I don't know why Lucic is the most hated Bruin on this board. He will crosscheck players but he will never cross the line. Shawn Thornton is OK too.

POS like Chara, Ference, McQuaid, Marchand, Boychuk, Campbell are who you should hate.
What Lucic did to Ryan Miller was definitely across the line.

I'm not saying Lucic hurt Emelin on purpose. Just that according to the rules, it should probably have been penalized as against the rules. He lifted his bent knee and shoved it FORWARD and UP off the ice. Maybe instinct, but still not allowed, same as bringing a stick up to defend oneself.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

Is Commodore done? Maybe a stupid question, seeing as how they gave him a tryout, but he has playoff experience, and could help if he's not total ****. I haven't seen any Hamilton games this year so I can't say myself.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Bruin fans are actually cheering because Emelin got hurt? When Bergeron got hurt a little while ago the Hab fans I've seen (myself included) wished him the best and hope he as a speedy recovery. Just shows the difference between the mentality of both the Habs and Bruins fanbases I guess.
It helps when Bergeron is from around here and is seen as a fair player.

Habs fans would NOT be so kind and gentle if Chara were to get hurt, given how this Neanderthal brute has behaved against our team (and others, check out You Tube for other cases of line-crossing).

Old
04-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

Habs fans would NOT be so kind and gentle if Chara were to get hurt, given how this Neanderthal brute has behaved against our team (and others, check out You Tube for other cases of line-crossing).
Gotta admit I'll be the first to cheer if Chara gets injured. No sympathy for this clown.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:43 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfantoronto View Post
Is Commodore done? Maybe a stupid question, seeing as how they gave him a tryout, but he has playoff experience, and could help if he's not total ****. I haven't seen any Hamilton games this year so I can't say myself.
Commodore was released in January.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

Quote:
Commodore was released in January.
Sorry.

Not sure how that works because I thought he was still in Hamilton for some reason. I guess not.

Old
04-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitric View Post
I wouldn't say filled, I think I only saw that said once or twice, but could be wrong. This all goes both ways of course. Trolls and trolling comments are always much more irritating if they are from a fanbase you hate. Which is why Canadien trolls probably fly under your radar but Bruins trolls don't. I can tell you that you guys have some really interesting comments over here many times, lol. I don't read too much because it makes me angry, which is probably how you feel reading Bostons forum.

I recall a GDT over here with comments like "please kill the Bruins" and "rip their lungs out" which was a new one to me . After that I decided maybe I'll steer clear....

Anyways, just wanted to say how it does go both ways. Yes, there are some people who may seem happy that Emelin is injured but I have seen many Habs posters who have called for and wanted to see guys like Marchand and Chara hurt. It's the internet after all. Put a group of posters from both sides in an actual room and we would probably all get along...
Maybe, if we were all watching the Leafs lose.

But yes, I agree with your general take.

Old
04-08-2013, 07:37 PM
bib
#believe

It sucks that Emelin's gone, but, if I really had to chose one of our defensemen (excluding Drewiske and Kaberle) to lose for the rest of the season, it would be Emelin.

Really helps that Diaz is scheduled back soon as well.

Old
04-08-2013, 07:43 PM
sheed36

Are there really that many Hab fans blaming Lucic for Emelin's injury? I just heard Brickley and Edwards make a comment that Hab fans are blaming Lucic for Emelin's injury.

Old
04-08-2013, 07:43 PM
SB164

Quote:

You mean Zdeno "I didn't even know Max Pacioretty was on the ice" Chara? **** him.

Old
04-08-2013, 08:06 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfantoronto View Post

LOL Commodore was awfull and he didn't play a single game in the last 3 months. Chance seing Commodore play with a habs jersey = 0% chance.

Old
04-08-2013, 08:28 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitric View Post

No, this is a gross exaggeration of maybe one or two posts that were instantly criticized/wishful thinking on your part.

As a fanbase, hating your fanbase's tactics, we have exhibited a surprisingly polar view vis a vis wishing actual injury and death to your players. We wish far more that they would keep their hypocritical mouths shut, stop blaming everyone else when they fail and not being disgusting cheapshotters on the ice (not to mention your captain being the head of the dive team after all your embellishment accusations).

i was in and posted in the threads re: Bergeron's concussion. Even Horton's. You or some other bruin fan in this thread claimed they couldn't find any malicious posts because "they must have been deleted"

#bruinfangoggles

You guys have serious mental issues if you were to do a cursory comparison of similar threads on each board. Please read most of the comments here, including Arpon Basu stating that it was an accident even though although it was, who does that when being checked? Accident fine, but a little hard to swallow when the big man can't take a check. Either way, I'm reading most people NOT blaming Lucic and wishing your actual dirtbag whiners were more like him.

Closed Thread