HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Derick Brassard to Toronto

Old
03-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

vCash: 500
Derick Brassard to Toronto

On SportsNet tonight they were speculating that Bozak may be traded at the deadline. I feel Brassard would be a good fit in Toronto, and that Carlyle would be able to get the best out of him. At the very least he provides good centre depth with some upside.

What would Columbus be looking for as a return from Toronto?

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Leafidelity
Its that new Toronto

vCash: 1775
No thanks.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:20 PM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
No thanks.
And this, folks, is how you get to 17k+ posts

I'd say a roster player and a B prospect is what I would be willing to offer. If it's a forward Columbus would want then someone like Kulemin, if it's defense then Liles and maybe a prospect like Ashton Carter.

I don't know if that's fair value, just what I'd be willing to offer for Brassard from a Leafs perspective.

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Leafidelity
Its that new Toronto

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend View Post
And this, folks, is how you get to 17k+ posts

I'd say a roster player and a B prospect is what I would be willing to offer. If it's a forward Columbus would want then someone like Kulemin, if it's defense then Liles and maybe a prospect like Ashton Carter.

I don't know if that's fair value, just what I'd be willing to offer for Brassard from a Leafs perspective.
Do you think Brassard is a potential #1 centerman? Is he even an upgrade on Bozak? Brassard would be an option if Kadri didn't step up, but he's no solution down the middle now.

Last edited by Leafidelity: 03-05-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Caesium

vCash: 50
Quote:
Do you think Brassard is a potential #1 centerman? Is he even an upgrade on Bozak? Brassard would be an option if Kadri didn't step up, but he's no solution down the middle now.
The Leafs need to be try and get rid of Grabovski, not Bozak. Brassard would make sense in replacing Grabo, but I don't really think there is a trade open between TOR and CBJ that would make that happen. Some CBJ fans would have to chime in on what they would want from Toronto to see if any deals between the two teams could be made.

Toronto's situation is tough because I think the team would rather keep Bozak over Grabovski, but can't keep both for next season and Bozak is going to be easier to move. Long term, I don't think Grabovski can really stay with the Leafs unless he really turns up his production. That contract is just killer.

Caesium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:45 AM
kihei

vCash: 3011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesium View Post
Toronto's situation is tough because I think the team would rather keep Bozak over Grabovski, but can't keep both for next season and Bozak is going to be easier to move. Long term, I don't think Grabovski can really stay with the Leafs unless he really turns up his production. That contract is just killer.
I don't mind at all continuing with Bozak, who is playing very well this year, and I don't see Brassard as having the potential to eventually be a #1. Bozak and Grabovski are both very flexible assets. While Bozak is a stretch on the first line, he would make a good #2 and a great #3 centre once we acquire someone for the first line. Grabo can provide 2nd line offense or be part of a shutdown line. I'm not interested in moving either unless it is for a measurable upgrade at the position.

kihei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:58 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Picks and/or prospects, don't see fair value for either team reg. Toronto's roster players. But I don't see Toronto being after Brassard. Grabo is already 2nd C, McClement and Kadri there too. I see no place for Brassard to fit.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Sean Aviary
Chirp! Chirp!

Quote:
No thanks.
No way, they'd at least have to say thanks and probably throw in a decent pick. Columbus probably shouldn't pull the plugs from the sinking ship since they might not make it to shore to get a new boat if they do.

Sean Aviary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:46 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
I'd like to have Brassard on the Leafs if Bozak we're moved, not sure what I'd pay for him though.

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote