HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 23: Columbus vs. Edmonton | 3/5 7:00 PM EST

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2013, 09:15 PM
  #151
VinnyC
trust in linden CREW
 
VinnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 新香
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,313
vCash: 500
Good win, good win. Good to see JJ back on the ice.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM
  #152
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,305
vCash: 500
2 is a streak!!! 2 IS A STREAK!

joshjoshjosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:21 PM
  #153
Dead Horse
Registered User
 
Dead Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OH-IO
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
We're still in last, Washington and Florida both won today as well. Its gonna be interesting as our schedule on the second half of this season is significantly harder than the first half...
The euphoria from back to back OT/SO wins just faded away and reality just smacked us in the face again

Dead Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:24 PM
  #154
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
winning now will produce more wins next season than any first round pick, other than Gretzky or Crosby...
Haven't we proven that hypothesis wrong year after year?

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:28 PM
  #155
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Haven't we proven that hypothesis wrong year after year?
After being out the playoffs yes... but we are not out yet!!! lol

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:30 PM
  #156
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
Lori Schmidt just told me on twitter the last time we had back to back OT/SO wins .....

"November 2009. Both shootout wins, first over Anaheim and then--wait for it--Edmonton."
Kay, now ask her when was the last time the Blue Jackets have gone into overtime four times in a row! In other words Matt, four ties in a row....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:37 PM
  #157
CBJ All The Way
Registered User
 
CBJ All The Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
What a fun game to attend to! We can beat anyone in this league with Bob in net! There's no way! mason makes that OT save No Way!

CBJ All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:37 PM
  #158
Seedtype
Registered User
 
Seedtype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio?!?!
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
I'm hoping we can trade him for something at the deadline...

And don't look now but we just played ourselves out of the #1 pick.
I'll admit, I would like the Jackets to pick first as well, but mostly because of the attention that such a player would attract, which would help the Jacket's image a lot.
Do I think we absolutely need it? I'm not so sure, for the first time, I think this team definitely has a direction. I honestly believe we are just a legitimate first line away from playoffs.
I think what's more important is not just drafting well, but developing players well. Hopefully, Jarmo can help us with that as well as the drafting.
I definitely like that the culture has shifted though. Hopefully everyone can keep it up as we continue to build up.


Edit: Obviously, we still need to draft high this year of course. I'm just not gonna obsess over the first pick as much as last year. 25 percent chance anyways...

Seedtype is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:38 PM
  #159
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated
 
ThisIsMyAlibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 535
vCash: 500

ThisIsMyAlibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:46 PM
  #160
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
I'm surprised with so many comments concerned about winning jeopardizing draft position.... clearly few have researched the Blue Jacket history in drafting high...

Other than Klesla and Nash top CBJ draft picks have impacted the organization little..

Play to win! Every game! Think of the guys on the ice, they want to win regardless of the draft, as it should be.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:47 PM
  #161
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyAlibi View Post
THat's an Isreali tank dude!!! (I think)

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
  #162
Dead Horse
Registered User
 
Dead Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OH-IO
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
... Think of the guys on the ice, they want to win regardless of the draft, as it should be.
A paycheck is a paycheck

Dead Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
  #163
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyAlibi View Post
Ha, he's trying to rocket jump his tank!

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:52 PM
  #164
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedtype View Post
I'll admit, I would like the Jackets to pick first as well, but mostly because of the attention that such a player would attract, which would help the Jacket's image a lot.
Do I think we absolutely need it? I'm not so sure, for the first time, I think this team definitely has a direction. I honestly believe we are just a legitimate first line away from playoffs.
I think what's more important is not just drafting well, but developing players well. Hopefully, Jarmo can help us with that as well as the drafting.
I definitely like that the culture has shifted though. Hopefully everyone can keep it up as we continue to build up.


Edit: Obviously, we still need to draft high this year of course. I'm just not gonna obsess over the first pick as much as last year. 25 percent chance anyways...
Legitimate first line and a goalie (either to be the #1 or to push Bob) away

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:52 PM
  #165
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated
 
ThisIsMyAlibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
I wouldn't suggest going to the NYR board (and by that, I mean I do). It's absolutely sickening how Nash is suddenly a deity after 9/10 of their fanbase was calling him overrated pre-trade.

ThisIsMyAlibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
  #166
Dead Horse
Registered User
 
Dead Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OH-IO
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
THat's an Isreali tank dude!!! (I think)
Correctamundo!!
It's an Israeli Merkava Main Battle Tank, ready for action

Dead Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:59 PM
  #167
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 16,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyAlibi View Post
I wouldn't suggest going to the NYR board (and by that, I mean I do). It's absolutely sickening how Nash is suddenly a deity after 9/10 of their fanbase was calling him overrated pre-trade.
And I'm sure less of that is about how they finally get to see it and more about how he's "changed his game".

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
  #168
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,138
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Couldn't watch but I noticed Mason had his typical crappy game. Thanks Howson

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:25 PM
  #169
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!
 
MattTheMask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I'm surprised with so many comments concerned about winning jeopardizing draft position.... clearly few have researched the Blue Jacket history in drafting high...

Other than Klesla and Nash top CBJ draft picks have impacted the organization little..

Play to win! Every game! Think of the guys on the ice, they want to win regardless of the draft, as it should be.
Yes but now we actually have competent management capable of capitalizing on those high picks. The best thing for the future, is to bottom out and get that #1 pick

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:29 PM
  #170
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
And I'm sure less of that is about how they finally get to see it and more about how he's "changed his game".
lol...so true.

It's funny how last year the average NYR laughed at proposals including Chris Kreider or even Carl Hagelin in a deal for Nash. Or McDonaugh.

It's crazy. He's been their best player by far this year.

I don't think they've won a game in which he hasn't had a point.

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:34 PM
  #171
General Saad
Registered User
 
General Saad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I'm surprised with so many comments concerned about winning jeopardizing draft position.... clearly few have researched the Blue Jacket history in drafting high...

Other than Klesla and Nash top CBJ draft picks have impacted the organization little..


Play to win! Every game! Think of the guys on the ice, they want to win regardless of the draft, as it should be.
Honestly, that's because we have historically won meaningless games in the second half of the season and draft around 6th every year. My guess is jarmo will have a fire sale come trade deadline to make sure we draft in the top 2. This is the year we need to pick 1 or 2. McKinnon, or Jones. As long as we play hard every night like we have, this season will be a huge success.

General Saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:34 PM
  #172
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 16,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
lol...so true.

It's funny how last year the average NYR laughed at proposals including Chris Kreider or even Carl Hagelin in a deal for Nash. Or McDonaugh.

It's crazy. He's been their best player by far this year.

I don't think they've won a game in which he hasn't had a point.
It's the same way on the main boards, with people talking about how Ilya Kovalchuk "changed his game". He did no such thing; the only difference is that fans of Atlantic Division teams got to see him on a regular basis, and we all know that anything in the vicinity of New York is automatically the best of everything that could ever exist.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:35 PM
  #173
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
2 is a streak!!! 2 IS A STREAK!
Lou Brown says otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnVrSZHnvYY

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
  #174
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 16,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
Yes but now we actually have competent management capable of capitalizing on those high picks. The best thing for the future, is to bottom out and get that #1 pick
If the CBJ ends up with the #1 overall pick and drafts a franchise player, who gets credit for it? The guy you love for making the pick, or the guy you hate for putting them in that position in the first place?

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
  #175
arudick
Registered User
 
arudick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Letestu's "****ing Right" celly for the shootout winner = gold.

arudick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.