HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton-Ottawa

Old
03-05-2013, 01:27 PM
scallionjj11

vCash: 500
Edmonton-Ottawa

possible for a trade built around Bishop and Hemsky?
Would either side do it?
add/subtract where?

scallionjj11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
Doubt it. Both sides will want to be the + on the trade to even it out and doubt anyone will agree to straight up. Ottawa's best move is to wait until the trade deadline. Our season could start tanking soon so we don't know if we are buyers or sellers. Right now we are playing above ourselfs.

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM
scallionjj11

couldn't agree more, just thought that this kind of trade could be balanced out by picks of some sort.
but your right, the game plan is the play the wait game.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Toydarian

Not very good value for the Oilers. They trade their 2nd line RW for a back-up goaltender.

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Kyungnam

Near ppg winger for backup tender (albeit with potential). Sorry. No dice from Edmonton.

Kyungnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Clamshells

At the rate things are going, Hemsky would get a season ending injury during his first shift with Ottawa.

Clamshells is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:45 PM
spartachris

I simply forgot the outstanding goaltending Edmonton has. Why would they trade a fragile winger when their loaded with offence

spartachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:48 PM
zeus3007*

I don't think Bishop interests the Oilers. We could use an upgrade on Dubnyk I guess, but I'm not sure if Bishop is an upgrade or a side step. If we make a move for a goalie, I hope it would be a guaranteed upgrade, not a gamble. I'm all for moving Hemsky if we get a good offer, but I'd be looking for a power forward winger or big, responsible defensively center, neither of which are easy to find, or are probably available from Ottawa right now.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
scallionjj11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
Not very good value for the Oilers. They trade their 2nd line RW for a back-up goaltender.
i dont know i think bishop has really only scratched the surface of what he can really do in the nhl and with a duo of dubnyk/bishop they could push each other to compete harder.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by scallionjj11 View Post
i dont know i think bishop has really only scratched the surface of what he can really do in the nhl and with a duo of dubnyk/bishop they could push each other to compete harder.
Both Dubnyk and Bishop are at a make or break time in their careers. Personally I think Bishop is the better overall player but having them together right now probably isnt the best for each of them moving forward.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:08 PM
ChronicallyInjured

I really hope this gets through all of HFBoards.. Sens do not want Hemsky. He's a fine player and can be deadly, i'm not denying that, but at his age and injury prone status he does not fit into the Senators plan. Ottawa is still in the middle of a rebuild (Year 2). The only reason the Sens will trade for a big name player is if he is young and willing to sign long term (Perry this year, Nash last year.)

Last edited by ChronicallyInjured: 03-05-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: I'm not saying that Hemsky is old, but by the time all of the Sens' key prospects come of age he'll be getting up there.
ChronicallyInjured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:13 PM
scallionjj11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher77 View Post
I really hope this gets through all of HFBoards.. Sens do not want Hemsky. He's a fine player and can be deadly, i'm not denying that, but at his age and injury prone status he does not fit into the Senators plan. Ottawa is still in the middle of a rebuild (Year 2). The only reason the Sens will trade for a big name player is if he is young and willing to sign long term (Perry this year, Nash last year.)
i really dont think ottawa would be willing to give up the pieces to get perry unless we offered an obscene amount of money at him via free agency this summer.

Even then i'm sure he has more attractive destinations to look at.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Because realistically Ottawa would have to add, I don't see a point.

I'd do the trade at face value, but Ottawa would have to add to get Hemsky, and at that point I wouldn't be interested.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
That backup goalie would be their best goalie tho.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote