HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Game and 3 Stars : 3/10 : CBJ @ DET

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Kindl 13 54.17%
Franzen 6 25.00%
Smith 5 20.83%
Brunner 2 8.33%
Datsyuk 10 41.67%
Zetterberg 0 0%
Abdelkader (the FSN crew seemed to love him...) 3 12.50%
Nobody 10 41.67%
Umberger 2 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-10-2013, 07:53 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 500
Post Game and 3 Stars : 3/10 : CBJ @ DET

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:55 PM
theYman

Wait there are? Your funny.

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
SoupGuru

The goal scorers and Smith gets a star for dropping them and handling himself admirably

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:19 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Dats was good defensively throughout and set up that Kindl goal.

Kindl had that bomb shot and played incredibly most of the game. Had a few good chances.

Franzen.. scored. That's about it, no one else worthy of a star.

I thought Smith was hit and miss. He had a few awesome passes and showed some poise at times, and the other half he struggled to get it out of the zone and turned it over a good number of times.

HMs to Tatar/Andersson for buzzing around, played alright but no results. Brunner fround Franzen on that tic-tac-toe play and he continues to backcheck hard. I like to see that.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:24 PM
TatarTangle

I didn't watch yesterdays game so pardon my ignorance but at least Babcock split up the atrocity of the line that was 8-13-11. That's steps in the right direction at least.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quick question: Was Quincey falling on his ass during that first goal? On first glance I thought he was going to block the shot but then it looked like he just fell changing directions. Because if he didn't mean to fall, he has to be the NHL player who trips on the ice the most by a Babcock country mile.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Quick question: Was Quincey falling on his ass during that first goal? On first glance I thought he was going to block the shot but then it looked like he just fell changing directions. Because if he didn't mean to fall, he has to be the NHL player who trips on the ice the most by a Babcock country mile.
Uhh... hello? Cleary? They are both neck and neck for falling down for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:54 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
He looked like he was thinking about blocking the shot, realized he has no idea how to block shots, realized he has no idea how to skate either, and fell down.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:56 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
He looked like he was thinking about blocking the shot, realized he has no idea how to block shots, realized he has no idea how to skate either, and fell down.
A couple inches lower and his career could be over. That could've been really really bad.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:58 PM
SoupGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
A couple inches lower and his career could be over. That could've been really really bad.
I was idly wondering if that's why the shot was perfect. Maybe the shooter saw him go down like that shot high to save Quincey's career and ended up with a top shelf shot. Happened too quick for that to really work, though.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:02 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Datsyuk
Kindl
Eaves

This is going to be short and sweet because I have had one **** suck of a day.

BAD
Cleary - ****ing useless
Franzen - He scored a goal, but a 5-on-3 that I could have put in the net. Nigh useless.
Quincey - Useless; completely screened Howard on the Falling Down goal, and otherwise does nothing productive. He's the defensive equivalent of Samuelsson.
Smith - Other than the fight, he was not good; any time he was under pressure, he coughed the puck up. Made some slick outlet passes, but those were under absolutely no pressure.
Ericsson - Not good either.
Zetterberg - Rough game, but not without effort.

GOOD
Datsyuk - Was the best player on the ice even being injured. What does that tell anyone else here?
Eaves - Brocrush played hard all game; forechecked like a madman, but didn't have much to show for it and only played 10 minutes.
Kindl - Involved in the play offensively, and other than the one defensive breakdown with White played a solid game.

- Tootoo needs more ice time. Jared Boll is a complete waste of "idiot," and that's saying a lot. Tootoo might need to tone down the charging a little bit, but the rest of his game is exactly what the Wings need.

MEH
Everyone else. Incredibly lackluster performance on the 2nd-half on a back-to-back... unfortunately, it was with the same team as the 1st half.

I'm surprised they even scored on the 5-on-3. The powerplay is still ****ing terrible; the point-men are too far apart, and there is very little movement. You can't take point shots if you don't get the PKers moving, because... wait for it.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

THE SHOTS GET BLOCKED.

**** me, I never played anything beyond D3 college hockey, and I'm pulling my hair out watching these guys.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:08 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Not for the Red Wings...

I kid, I kid

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote