HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings VIII: Less then a month until the deadline

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Superstar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
JML would be well received back in Colorado, as managment is still pretty fond of him.

Most fans would like him back in the fold considering their need for a defender like JML.

Its an interesting proposal to get Liles playing and "add" to Bozak.

I think this is a deadline move for Colorado, and by then it may be a bit too late for them to be adding a piece like Liles as they may be out of the playoff picture.

But we're less than a month away from the deadline now, and the playoff race is still so tight that some teams are hesitant to be "sellers".

I personally think we are in for a bit of an inactive trade deadline due to how tight things are, but we'll certainly see a lot of movement in the off-season.
Adding Liles at the deadline is still a good move on their part as he could certainly be part of their future, providing some veteran leadership and experience to their team.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Well then maybe we should be inquiring about this pick of theirs if we are doing them such a big favour by taking Stastny?

Would a Finn, or Blacker, Colborne, Etc. be enough to get both Stastny and the pick?
That would be awesome if we get their pick. They didn't care too much about Calgary's pick(s) from the botched offer sheet, maybe Sherman doesn't care much about his own either.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:33 PM
rdawg1234

Liles+Bozie for Stast?

or Grabo+pick?

How good is stast defensively, his contract is worrysome(although he is definitely an upgrade over grabo.)

Old
03-06-2013, 11:43 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
For salary balance in the trade, Liles going back to Colorado makes sense
His Contract certinly balances the books. And with his history in Denver it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
That would be awesome if we get their pick. They didn't care too much about Calgary's pick(s) from the botched offer sheet, maybe Sherman doesn't care much about his own either.
OK so we got Stastny and COL 2013 1st(Top 10) coming our way.
With Bozak and Liles headed the other way.

What else goes back?
TML 2013 1st?
Biggs?
Finn?
Colborne?

NOT A ****ING CHANCE THEY GET RIELLY!

Man I am loving this team.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Antropovsky

Don't think that Bozak is for sale personally, he fits into the system too well, and not so much into Colorado's. Considering Colorado isn't in need of C's, this is the reason why they apparently would be interested in moving Statsny. In order to have Duchene & O'Reilly playing #1,#2. So Bozak really doesn't make sense, because more than anything they need quality top 6 wingers. Grabovski makes sense only if they would consider moving him to wing (where's he's capable of playing), or of course, he could be moved back to C in a pinch... the fact that he's capable of playing C or W, makes him more valuable.

To Colorado: Grabovski + Kulemin + Liles?

To Toronto: Statsny + Prospect\Pick

Grabovski O'Reilly Kulemin
Landeskog Duchene -----

VanRiemsdyk Statsny Kessel
Lupul Kadri Frattin
Komarov\MacA Bozak McClement

Last edited by Antropovsky: 03-07-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old
03-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Don't think that Bozak is for sale personally, he fits into the system too well. Grabovski + Kulemin on the other hand, not so much, Colorado needs help everywhere. Especially quality top 6 players.

Landeskog Duchene -----

Lupul Kadri Frattin

Colorado isn't in need of C's, this is the reason why they apparently would be interested in moving Statsny. In order to have Duchene & O'Reilly playing #1,#2.

So Bozak really doesn't make sense, because more than anything they need quality top 6 wingers. Grabovski makes sense only if they would consider moving him to wing (where's he's capable of playing), or having 3 strong lines.
I don't want Kulemin moved, works hard every game and is a tower of strength along the boards and on the forecheck -- check out the way he gave the shoulder to the Sens player before McClement scored tonight.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:46 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Don't think that Bozak is for sale personally, he fits into the system too well, and not so much into Colorado's. Considering Colorado isn't in need of C's, this is the reason why they apparently would be interested in moving Statsny. In order to have Duchene & O'Reilly playing #1,#2. So Bozak really doesn't make sense, because more than anything they need quality top 6 wingers. Grabovski makes sense only if they would consider moving him to wing (where's he's capable of playing), or of course, he could be moved back to C in a pinch... the fact that he's capable of playing C or W, makes him more valuable.

Landeskog Duchene -----

Lupul Kadri Frattin
Dude there is conflict here.

Th e only time grabo was on hte wing in Toronto he sucked. If COL is taking a center it is Bozak.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:37 AM
LaPlante94

Love hearing how Statsny to Toronto rumours might have some legs to it. Wanted him for a while now. Now just bring us Perry please haha. Kessel & Grabovski for Perry and anything. For video game reasons Cogliano and his speed would be nice

Old
03-07-2013, 05:22 AM
doubledown99

Stastny would be a great pickup for TO. I've watched him a lot out here in the West. He's solid defensively and great in the face off dot like his dad use to be. His offensive game has slipped but I think him and Kessel would be dynamite.

If the Leafs can also trade for C. Stewart (him and Staz were great together) that woul setup the Leafs nicely

Old
03-07-2013, 05:45 AM
Funk21

First post on HFBoards,

I would love to see Grabo and Liles traded for Stastny but i really don't know if Colorado would want to take on Grabo's 5.5 million dollar salary. They have O'Reily and Duchene and both have more upside then Grabo and are at the same price or cheaper.

I believe that Colorado would like Liles back as he is a decent defenceman at a great price-Colorado would more than likely want Bozak or Kulimen and perhaps a draft pick(wouldn't give anything higher than 3 rounder). This may seem like a bit of a high payment but i really don't think we have a shot at Getzlaf as Anaheim will resign him. Stastny is still young, he is a first line center and while he is going to command a decent salary when his contract is up i don't think it will be anywhere close to what Getz will get from Anahiem or on open market (the Max).

Lines

JVR STASTNY KESSEL
LUPUL KADRI FRATTIN
MACARTHER GRABO KOMAROV
MCLAREN MCCLEMENT ORR

at the end of the season you buy out Grabo and sign Bozak to a decent deal in the 3 million range or promote Colborne as your third line center.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Cool Hand Luke

Trade #1
To Colorado:
Bozak (signed) + JML

To Toronto:
Statsny

Trade #2
To Nashville:
Grabovski

To Toronto:
Colin Wilson

Trade #3
To Phoenix:
MacArthur
Gunnarsson

To Toronto:
Michalek

Lupul, Gardiner + Frattin returns.

JVR - Statsny - Kessel (USA line)
Lupul - Kadri - Frattin
Kulemin - Wilson - Komarov
McLaren - McLement - Orr

Phaneuf - Michalek
Gardiner - Franson
Fraser - Holzer

Reimer
Scrivens

Off-Season

Old
03-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Hahahahaha trade 2 will never happen ever. Ever ever ever

Old
03-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Funk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
Trade #1
To Colorado:
Bozak (signed) + JML

To Toronto:
Statsny

Trade #2
To Nashville:
Grabovski

To Toronto:
Colin Wilson

Trade #3
To Phoenix:
MacArthur
Gunnarsson

To Toronto:
Michalek

Lupul, Gardiner + Frattin returns.

JVR - Statsny - Kessel (USA line)
Lupul - Kadri - Frattin
Kulemin - Wilson - Komarov
McLaren - McLement - Orr

Phaneuf - Michalek
Gardiner - Franson
Fraser - Holzer

Reimer
Scrivens

Off-Season
First and foremost why would he GM of Nasville want a player that is 7 years older than the player being traded who puts up similar numbers and makes 3.5 million less.

Second, why would the leafs want to trade Gunner and MacArther for another aging D-man who makes 4 million and averages under 20 points a year. The great thing about Carlye's defensive systems is that D-men like Holzer, Fraser and Kostka can log decent minutes and not look like a bunch of AHL call ups. Plus your only going to have to pay them 850k-2mil on the high end per season.

Sorry just don't see either on happening!

Old
03-07-2013, 07:54 AM
dubplatepressure

Any Avs fan will tell you you're buying really low on Stastny.

Bozak + Liles? I can't see it. We'd have to add a former 1st round prospect a la Percy, Biggs, Ashton or Colborne. And that's even if Colorado likes one of them. Otherwise it's our 1st.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:10 AM
rumman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Still think something will happen with the Blues. They need a shake up and have a bunch of nice forwards.
you'd think Hitchcock would like to have the defensive minded Kulemin on the Blues, maybe Nonis can swing a Kulemin for Stewart deal. I see this helping both teams, but might have to sweeten the pot to get Stewart.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:13 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk21 View Post
First and foremost why would he GM of Nasville want a player that is 7 years older than the player being traded who puts up similar numbers and makes 3.5 million less.

Second, why would the leafs want to trade Gunner and MacArther for another aging D-man who makes 4 million and averages under 20 points a year. The great thing about Carlye's defensive systems is that D-men like Holzer, Fraser and Kostka can log decent minutes and not look like a bunch of AHL call ups. Plus your only going to have to pay them 850k-2mil on the high end per season.

Sorry just don't see either on happening!
Great 2nd post! Being on here so often will eventually ruin your logical thinking Anyway, I agree completely with what you said on Colin Wilson, however Michalek would be a great idea. He could provide the solid defensive play that Regher provided Phaneuf in Calgary. Hell be more free to work offensively rather than concentrate on protecting the defensive blunders of his revolving door or AHL calibre partners.

However with that said id be more open to dealing Grabovski for Blum + (Watson/2nd?) from Nashville. Blum would provide the defense that Michalek while being much younger and cheaper. However, only in a situation in which we acquire another soild C, or need the capspace for some other player.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:14 AM
SprDaVE

I'd look for a soft trade for Stastny. As much as he may be snake bitten, bla bla bla, his contract doesn't justify his production for the last couple years. It's not just this year he has struggled to put up points or be a factor.

He's an intriguing player, no doubt. I'd just be wary about acquiring him depending on the value.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:15 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
you'd think Hitchcock would like to have the defensive minded Kulemin on the Blues, maybe Nonis can swing a Kulemin for Stewart deal. I see this helping both teams, but might have to sweeten the pot to get Stewart.
So a workhorse heart player with a strong defensive game for a marginally better offensive, more physical, putrid defensively lazy ass? No no no, rather add for Schwartz but never would i ever deal Kulemin for Stewart.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:24 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
So a workhorse heart player with a strong defensive game for a marginally better offensive, more physical, putrid defensively lazy ass? No no no, rather add for Schwartz but never would i ever deal Kulemin for Stewart.

Side note... We don't seem to care when Kessel flobs a limp-wristed clearing attempt to avoid a hit in our own end which 80% of the time leads to a giveaway and as in last night's game leads to a clown goal. (ugh).

I didn't realize Stewart was that poor defensively TBH.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:25 AM
rumman

Quote:
respect your opinion, but Kulemin is easily replaced from within, he's a good 3rd liner, thats it. Stewart has way more upside, he's as tough as nails (and can fight), and better offensively than Kulemin. Sure he might need to work on his consistancey, but didn't Kadri have the same issues? Seems he's tightened up his game, I see no reason why the same couldn't be said for Stewart. Sometimes a change is all it takes, definately worth the risk IMO, really a no brainer when you consider the potential of Stewart, we know what Kulemin can do, good defensive player, never going to repeat his 30 goal season, that's for sure.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:36 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Side note... We don't seem to care when Kessel flobs a limp-wristed clearing attempt to avoid a hit in our own end which 80% of the time leads to a giveaway and as in last night's game leads to a clown goal. (ugh).

There is a difference when its a player a player you have vs a player your trying to acquire.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Anthrax442

vCash: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
Kulemin is easily replaced from within, .

Old
03-07-2013, 08:40 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
There is a difference when its a player a player you have vs a player your trying to acquire.

Well my point was just more that we don't seem to need Kessel to be a defensive pillar. IMO you put Stewart on the ice with 2 defensive minded forwards and his defensive weaknesses are much easier to absorb.

I'd LOVE to add a PWF to our top-6. Stewart may be an option, but so is Clowe out of SJ, and the price for Clowe might be a bit lower than that of Stewart.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:45 AM
rumman

Quote:
Well my point was just more that we don't seem to need Kessel to be a defensive pillar. IMO you put Stewart on the ice with 2 defensive minded forwards and his defensive weaknesses are much easier to absorb.

I'd LOVE to add a PWF to our top-6. Stewart may be an option, but so is Clowe out of SJ, and the price for Clowe might be a bit lower than that of Stewart.
Clowe's best days are behind him, I thought the Leafs we're going to BUILD a cup contender going forward?

Old
03-07-2013, 08:49 AM
calcal798

Quote:

Just an example of Kessels non-existent defense. Im sure Carlyle cared thou.

Closed Thread