Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Is Tkaczuk worth a look?

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 12:15 PM
drubaca

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to drubaca Send a message via AIM to drubaca Send a message via MSN to drubaca
Is Tkaczuk worth a look?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=54813

He had some promise & was picked before Sergei in the draft(Thank you Calgary!!). Just another chance to add another top 10 pick from the '97 draft to the team.

Old
09-23-2003, 12:49 PM
lostboy_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by drubaca
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=54813

He had some promise & was picked before Sergei in the draft(Thank you Calgary!!). Just another chance to add another top 10 pick from the '97 draft to the team.
I don't think it would hurt. I am not sure what happened to Daniel. When he was with the Calgary flames he was a blue chip prospect. He had an excellent first year in the minors, and played well enough in his second year that he got a call up. Then he was traded in the deal that sent Turek to Calgary. In Blues organization he just disappeared. His numbers from the past few years are not impressive by any means. I am not sure whether he lost his desire or struggled with injuries or something else happened.

He is not small. He was seen as an effective two way play, with a good smooth skating stride when he was drafted. Supposedly a quiet leader in the locker room. He would give us another possible late blooming center prospect to go along with vernasky, though talent wise I think he is better. A change of scenery may help him out. It will certainly not cost us too much.

Old
09-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Bruzin

the Bruins seem to always have a reclaimation project. Tkaczuk does fit that bill, but I think Ted Donato is this years project. I would rather have a young guy like Dan as depth over Donato though.

Hopefully he lands on his feet somewhere (not Montreal though)

Old
09-23-2003, 02:18 PM
brianscot

I"ve seen Tkaczuk quite a few times against Portland in the AHL.

He does have hand skills and vision, but seems a step or two slow, in overall speed, lateral movement and acceleration.

From all reports he seems a solid citizen, however, and as a young veteran, might be a good look see in Providence.

Old
09-23-2003, 03:36 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
If the B's wanted a reclamation project, they should have gone for Erik Rasmussen. Heck, they shoulda just signed him instead of Donato, or just picked up both.

Old
09-24-2003, 12:06 AM
misterjaggers

The Panthers have some (formerly touted) young wingers that will have to pass through waivers -Keenan eats them up and spits them out:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...ports-panthers

Old
09-24-2003, 01:26 AM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
The Panthers have some (formerly touted) young wingers that will have to pass through waivers -Keenan eats them up and spits them out:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...ports-panthers
There was a blurb in Spector's about this too. No centers mentioned though, just Shvidki, Hagman and Novo. Immediately I thought of Hagman...but the Bruins already have tons of wingers so it would probably never happen. Cullen would be the guy I would go for. The Cats have more than enough centers, and JC would fit nicely on the third line. Not ideal, but more than likely a better option than what's available now.

Old
09-24-2003, 01:28 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
Niklas Hagman who is the son of former Bruin and Oiler Matti Hagman will also most likely be traded from Florida. Bruins should keep their eyes open if they want a speedy creative winger with good hands and some hard work in the corners. Niklas Hagman has shown a pretty good scoring touch on team Finland as he was voted best forward of the 2002 World championships while then worldchampions Slovakia boasted names like LA's Zigmund Palffy and Buffalo's Miroslaw Satan among other NHL superstars.

Old
09-24-2003, 01:30 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker
There was a blurb in Spector's about this too. No centers mentioned though, just Shvidki, Hagman and Novo. Immediately I thought of Hagman...but the Bruins already have tons of wingers so it would probably never happen. Cullen would be the guy I would go for. The Cats have more than enough centers, and JC would fit nicely on the third line. Not ideal, but more than likely a better option than what's available now.
Excuse me for seeming ignorant but who is JC?

Old
09-24-2003, 02:43 AM
misterjaggers

More on Hagman and other Panther prospects...
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=4517

Old
09-24-2003, 03:27 AM
brianscot

Cullen has produced more at the NHL level than Hagman or Novoseltsev.

He's got size, and big centers who can skate and chew gum at the same time are always prized things.

I'm not sure what happend to him in Anaheim. For a while, he appeared highly regarded, but then got swapped in the Sandis Ozolinsh deal.

18 goals and 30 assists just two years ago.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
Tkaczuk is probably in the same category now as Josh Holden and Rico Fata. Teams are still taking a look at them, but it's not looking good for them ever sticking with a team for long. Tkaczuk's only real appeal is the fact that he was drafted so high, 6+ years ago though. But he hasn't done anything in the NHL to merit serious interest. I'd rather take a chance on a prospect who is at least a bit more of a mystery in terms of upside or a role player like Rasmussen, as mentioned. Like Steve Kelley and Jason Bonsignore before him, Tkaczuk is probably destined for palookavilla and not even a Chad Kilger/Boyd Devereaux/Manny Malhotra "new role" career. Heck, Randy Robitaille is probably a better bet than DT.

Closed Thread