HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
The other reason to get Clowe would be to avoid the Leafs or Bruins landing him.
The Bruins desperately need more skill on their 3rd and 4th lines. The Leafs don't need Clowe either.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
I would definitely do a trade & sign for Clowe. If nothing else than for added toughness. Then when he finds his game again, and he will, the trade will be a steal.

These top 9 guys who can fight anyone in the league are ridiculously valuable. Neil wasn't even available when Ottawa cleaned house 2 years ago.
Agree 100%, i think Clowe should be the number 1 guy on Bergevin hit list.
Exactly the type of player the Habs need since they traded Cole.....and i'll try to land D Douglas Murray while at it....would complete a great hockey team.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:16 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforaquickpost View Post
Nick Foligno
Chris Stewart

Weber and a pick for David or Ryan Jones.

Moen for a struggling Abdelkader. Maybe add something and go for a Kyle Clifford.
Chris Stewart would be a great addition to this team. Even Ryan Jones would fit well, D. Jones i wouldn't get contract is to big.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

I must not be the one that noticed this, but most teams have big physical Ds. Even if it's only one or two guys, they brought these guys from the minors and they play regular shifts and it makes their D squad much more intimidating. We don't have anybody like this on our D, we don't even have one big guy like that that can intimidate and fight. I would gladly take Andy Sutton at the trade deadline. He's not the best D but you just add him for the physical aspect, you don't have to have him play that much.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I must not be the one that noticed this, but most teams have big physical Ds. Even if it's only one or two guys, they brought these guys from the minors and they play regular shifts and it makes their D squad much more intimidating. We don't have anybody like this on our D, we don't even have one big guy like that that can intimidate and fight. I would gladly take Andy Sutton at the trade deadline. He's not the best D but you just add him for the physical aspect, you don't have to have him play that much.
He would be ok, but I'd prefer a youger guy like Peckham or Murray from SJ. Carkner could had been a temporary solution too. But way too expensive (another Isles crazy contract). Is he injured, too? O'Brien in Colorado could be useful.

Or we can get back our old home grown giants, O'Burned or Komisa-wreck

Old
03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
GeneralMarky79

Call me crazy but I have been dreaming about have Clowe hear for the last few years. If he is available when his value is low Id say go for it. I may be biast cause I played Junior A with him 13 years ago haha. The guy is very good in the playoffs, can fight, can hit like a train, and has a real mean streak in him. I think a smart trade would be Leblanc and Moen but only on the condition that he does a sign and trade. I would abosultely love him here. I guess we can all dream.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

If the rumors are true and Boston is looking at Clowe, we are ****ed...

Old
03-06-2013, 03:56 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If that happens, forget the "Price Sucks" narrative, it'll quickly turn to FIRE BERGEVIN!!!!!! and in a very unhappy way

Old
03-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 50
I have a huge man-crush on Ryan Jones, would love him here.

Old
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Not really. He's playing like **** this year.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Not really. He's playing like **** this year.
On the Bruins third line AND in the Bruins's style of play, he's gonna be a pain in the a$$ to play against. I can garantee you that.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
If that happens, forget the "Price Sucks" narrative, it'll quickly turn to FIRE BERGEVIN!!!!!! and in a very unhappy way
What? How the hell would that happen? Crazed fanboys?

Old
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
No Team Needed

Montreal should offer sheet Kadri in the summer.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:11 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
What? How the hell would that happen? Crazed fanboys?
No, narrow-minded what-have-you-done-for-me-lately (where lately is 2 games sans défense) grumps whose appetite for crow knows no bounds. Appetite for clowe...much better!

Old
03-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Craig71

Quote:
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...OEabe9tgHSLRC1

Old
ChoseLa

It seems the Sharks are looking for a top-6 winger, that's what the Sharks fans have been looking for in proposals for a while now. The only guys i see being traded for Clowe are Ryder or Bourque. I'd clearly take Clowe before Ryder, as Ryder might be the most useful and skilled player but once you get Clowe you change the face of the team. Bourque for Clowe... i'm not sure.

Problem is that the Bruins might be offering Horton as he is a UFA this summer and is playing bad this season. Pretty sure the Sharks would take Horton before Ryder, though Ryder would look great being centered by either Marleau, Thornton, Pavelski or Couture. Also i doubt we trade Ryder just after we acquired him.

Bourque... i think i'd rather keep this season's Bourque over Clowe, and as everybody knows i might be the biggest Clowe fan around here. But it's a toss i could live without Bourque.

For Gio... he's our captain and has been playing good hockey recently, but that would clear some dwarvish size from the roster, and leave some space for UFA this summer.

Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Montreal should offer sheet Kadri in the summer.
Just wondering - isn't it still kind of a dck move to make an offer sheet? I know CGY got burned for the possible oversight, but I remember when Lowe did it, it was not appreciated.

Also, although Kadri is great, would the fanbase accept another smurf? (FTR, I'm not a stickler for les gros bonhommes)

Old
03-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Habaddict

What is the story with Regher in Buffalo ? He is a UFA this summer I think.
I haven't heard anything about him as a possible rental. And for anyone that
sees Buffalo play more often, how is he playing.

He might be the physical D we really need.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Just wondering - isn't it still kind of a dck move to make an offer sheet? I know CGY got burned for the possible oversight, but I remember when Lowe did it, it was not appreciated.

Also, although Kadri is great, would the fanbase accept another smurf? (FTR, I'm not a stickler for les gros bonhommes)
It is a bit of a dick move but perfectly legal and within the rules.

I wouldn't do it though because if the Habs offer sheet someone i 1) It shouldn't be Kadri and 2) Subban is going to be RFA again after next year (or both Gallys in a couple of years) and we may get a taste of our own medecine if we start playing the offer sheet game.

T

Old
03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
What is the story with Regher in Buffalo ? He is a UFA this summer I think.
I haven't heard anything about him as a possible rental. And for anyone that
sees Buffalo play more often, how is he playing.

He might be the physical D we really need.
Nah. He's too expensive and nor mean enough for my liking.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Btw i don't think we're going to go after guys like Clowe , Regehr or any other UFA to be unless they can sign them to an extension. I've heard from quite a few sources that MB is not looking at a rental but at someone who will be able to contribute for a couple of years. They said this on AC and i also heard it on TSN and Sportsnet. Granted those are just rumors/speculations but still.

Yes i know he traded for Ryder who is UFA but that was more of a cap management than a hockey move.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Btw i don't think we're going to go after guys like Clowe , Regehr or any other UFA to be unless they can sign them to an extension. I've heard from quite a few sources that MB is not looking at a rental but at someone who will be able to contribute for a couple of years. They said this on AC and i also heard it on TSN and Sportsnet. Granted those are just rumors/speculations but still.

Yes i know he traded for Ryder who is UFA but that was more of a cap management than a hockey move.
I would say the idea of MB not looking at rental is more towards, not willing to trade a package for a rental.

I think he would be open to making 1 on 1 trades that help the team for the future by unloading cap space.. and can help for the present. Exactly like Ryder/Cole.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:13 PM
MtotheO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I would'nt mind a guy like Mark Fistric.

Old
03-06-2013, 05:32 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post

We just picked up a UFA Ryder

Old
03-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
No, narrow-minded what-have-you-done-for-me-lately (where lately is 2 games sans défense) grumps whose appetite for crow knows no bounds. Appetite for clowe...much better!
That is sooooooo true.

Price has 2 bad games and suddenly the Halakites come out of the woodwork, for whatever reason...likely sour grapes. Price is still putting up better #s on a less defensive minded team.

and Clowe? He's having a bad season and he would suddenly turn into Messier if he were to be traded? Clowe is a rental at best. No need for moving what could be significant pieces...a 3rd? Sure, more, no thanks. Bourque will provide that missing top 9.

Closed Thread