HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Gomez91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
lol wow
if you dont think Lucic is a heavyweight i dont know man
he's one of the best fighters in the league bar none
and now were getting on him for refusing to fight when he didnt have to
what happen to when some people around here praised komisarek when he did the same against lucic....geez
Wow I think he"s strong also a hockey player with good hockey sense but not a heavyweight he picks his fights to prove it list his last 10 fights and both can see what the aka heavyweight as you say he is tangles with..Ok?

What did Komisarek do against Lucic to gain praise drive his face into Lucic's fist?

Old
03-07-2013, 12:54 PM
rockjngo

someone mention what we need more is defense, i agree. Markov is slower and probably slowest on the team, i've notice we had more 2-1 and Emelin had to cover for Marky.

I don't think Markov is a 25+ min guy any longer. I think we need Jack Johnson from Columbus. Give Subban and Johnson 24 mins/game, Markov 22 mins/game, Diaz 19 mins/game and Boullion/Emelin 16 mins/game.

I forgot we might have to trade Gorges + pick for Johnson.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I mean, where, IN OUR LINEUP, does he play...
oh lol
3rd line center and pk duties primarily

Chucky/bourque-pleky-ryder
gally-dd-patches
bourque/chucky-koivu-eller
prust-white-army/moen

Therien rolls all his line so i'd put bourque on the 3rd since he's better than chucky defensively and it wouldnt be a demotion
so koivus line can go up against the big lines and still manage good scoring chances

but like i said it wasnt a real trade proposal
ideally we need an upgrade on wings atm

Old
03-07-2013, 12:55 PM
McNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Clowe doesn't know how to skate, let's get a formidable skater like Tom Pyatt instead...

Only in Montreal...
I'd love Clowe if we can't sign Perry or Horton. He should be #3 on the Habs priority list for free agency. Then there's David Clarkson, Clarke MacArthur and Mason Raymond.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez91 View Post
Wow I think he"s strong also a hockey player with good hockey sense but not a heavyweight he picks his fights to prove it list his last 10 fights and both can see what the aka heavyweight as you say he is tangles with..Ok?

What did Komisarek do against Lucic to gain praise drive his face into Lucic's fist?
people were calling komi smart for not fighting lucic when he didnt need to and then when lucic didnt fight BGL cause he didnt need to they were saying he was scared....

There's probably a handfull of fighters that can go up against lucic and win and i wont count scott or chara due to the height mismatch

Old
03-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
I'd love Clowe if we can't sign Perry or Horton. He should be #3 on the Habs priority list for free agency.
bruins players really hate montreal
it's part of their teams culture
it's part of the cities culture
So i'd be really surprised to see a player that has been this important to the bruins and a big part of the rivalry over the lat couple of years sign here

Old
03-07-2013, 01:04 PM
McNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
bruins players really hate montreal
it's part of their teams culture
it's part of the cities culture
So i'd be really surprised to see a player that has been this important to the bruins and a big part of the rivalry over the lat couple of years sign here
Right, we should still offer him a nice contract, just in case.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
someone mention what we need more is defense, i agree. Markov is slower and probably slowest on the team, i've notice we had more 2-1 and Emelin had to cover for Marky.

I don't think Markov is a 25+ min guy any longer. I think we need Jack Johnson from Columbus. Give Subban and Johnson 24 mins/game, Markov 22 mins/game, Diaz 19 mins/game and Boullion/Emelin 16 mins/game.

I forgot we might have to trade Gorges + pick for Johnson.
Johnson is on par with Kaberle defensively. Stay away from him.

I would love to get Clowe though.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
I'd love Clowe if we can't sign Perry or Horton. He should be #3 on the Habs priority list for free agency. Then there's David Clarkson, Clarke MacArthur and Mason Raymond.
1- Corey Perry

2- David Clarkson

Old
03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
ChoseLa

Lucic is not a heavy weight? Common now, he could fight anyone in the league, he's 6"4 230lbs and one of the most technical fighter in the league.

Everybody say that Lucic pick his fights, sure he's a first liner playing 18 minutes a game, he's not gonna take on every goons in the league that play 5 minutes a game, when he fights it must absolutly be a momentum.

He took some heavy weights, like Carkner this season.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:13 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
1- Corey Perry

2- David Clarkson
Agreed, 100%.

David Clarkson is a very underrated player and to me holds more value than Caveman #3, MacArthur and Raymond.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Clarkson will be overpaid. Really overpaid. Not sure I want Bergevin to be the one overpaying.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:25 PM
EveryDay

I really like Ryan Clowe and i think MB shoud make a offer to SJ

Clowe + Murray for Gionta/Bourque + Kaberle

Old
03-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post

San Jose needs to add Pavelski/Couture for Montreal to even think about that offer

Old
03-07-2013, 01:30 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
San Jose needs to add Pavelski/Couture for Montreal to even think about that offer

You don't like my offer? Do you think that 2 UFA is worth more?

Old
03-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Habtchum*

Should the Habs sign this guy ?

The guy is just finishing his College and is totally free. + He is a local boy.

Antoine Laganiere, RW
Senior, Yale University

Among the group of available free agent forwards this season, none has garnered as much NHL interest as Yale senior Antoine Laganiere. At least a dozen teams are vying for the Ile Cadieux, QC native’s services. Among the teams pursuing Laganiere is the Vancouver Canucks, whose prospect camp he attended in 2011. The Edmonton Oilers and the Pittsburgh Penguins are also among those showing interest. The senior winger attended both teams’ prospect camps last summer. Laganiere is currently third on the Bulldogs roster with 24 points (12 goals, 12 assists) in 29 games to date. He co-leads Yale with two game-winners and ranks second with six power-play goals.

Laganiere is a 6’4”, 197-pound power forward who uses his frame exceedingly well in creating space and opportunities. Where this is particularly noticeable is in his strong play in the dirty areas, an attribute that has made scouts take notice, as well. Laganiere takes full advantage of his size, reach and tremendous strength in maintaining both puck control and his positioning. He is not one to shy away from the physical aspects of the game. He can deliver solid checks and is aggressive on the forecheck. He is also a competitor. One notable improvement Laganiere has made since arriving at Yale is in his skating. He is an excellent skater with great mobility and skates with long, powerful strides. His added strength has greatly enhanced his speed and agility. Laganiere possesses great hands and a blisteringly hard shot. He can make nice, crisp passes, and along with his outstanding vision, can utilize open spaces quite effectively. He also has great finishing ability. One of Laganiere’s best assets is his stick, which he uses equally well in both offensive and defensive situations.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post

Antoine Laganiere, RW
Senior, Yale University

Among the group of available free agent forwards this season, none has garnered as much NHL interest as Yale senior Antoine Laganiere. At least a dozen teams are vying for the Ile Cadieux, QC native’s services. Among the teams pursuing Laganiere is the Vancouver Canucks, whose prospect camp he attended in 2011. The Edmonton Oilers and the Pittsburgh Penguins are also among those showing interest. The senior winger attended both teams’ prospect camps last summer. Laganiere is currently third on the Bulldogs roster with 24 points (12 goals, 12 assists) in 29 games to date. He co-leads Yale with two game-winners and ranks second with six power-play goals.

Laganiere is a 6’4”, 197-pound power forward who uses his frame exceedingly well in creating space and opportunities. Where this is particularly noticeable is in his strong play in the dirty areas, an attribute that has made scouts take notice, as well. Laganiere takes full advantage of his size, reach and tremendous strength in maintaining both puck control and his positioning. He is not one to shy away from the physical aspects of the game. He can deliver solid checks and is aggressive on the forecheck. He is also a competitor. One notable improvement Laganiere has made since arriving at Yale is in his skating. He is an excellent skater with great mobility and skates with long, powerful strides. His added strength has greatly enhanced his speed and agility. Laganiere possesses great hands and a blisteringly hard shot. He can make nice, crisp passes, and along with his outstanding vision, can utilize open spaces quite effectively. He also has great finishing ability. One of Laganiere’s best assets is his stick, which he uses equally well in both offensive and defensive situations.
should sign him. couldn't hurt

Old
03-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Habtchum*

Should the Habs sign tis guy too...?

Andrej Sustr, D
Junior, University of Nebraska-Omaha

Along with Western Michigan’s Dan DeKeyser, Nebraska-Omaha rearguard Andrej Sustr is the hottest commodity on the collegiate free agent market this season. The 6’8”, 225-pound native of Plzen, Czech Republic has had the attention of NHL scouts from almost the moment he arrived in Omaha nearly three years ago. But when his skill set began to catch up with his enormous size last season, interest in Sustr skyrocketed. There are now at least 20 teams hoping to land the prized junior defenseman. Among the teams showing strong interest are the Detroit Red Wings, the Los Angeles Kings, the Ottawa Senators, and the Vancouver Canucks. The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Tampa Bay Lightning, whose prospect camps Sustr attended last summer, are also in the mix. Sustr currently leads the Mavericks in defensive scoring with 22 points (eight goals, 14 assists) in 34 games to date. Sustr has played nearly the entire season alongside 6’6” sophomore Jaycob Megna (ANA), comprising the nation’s biggest defensive tandem.

While his gigantic frame is certainly one attribute that NHL teams like about Sustr, what has impressed them even more is how effectively he uses it. Sustr takes full advantage of his size, strength and wingspan in moving opposing players off pucks and taking away their time and space. He has good gap control and does an excellent job in containment, as well. Sustr is also a player that doesn’t shy away from playing the body, showing that he can dish out some of the most punishing hits in college hockey. Two of Sustr’s best assets are his stick and his shot. He uses his excellent stick work exceedingly well at both ends of the ice, whether it is in creating turnovers or distributing the puck. His cannon-like shot has improved in both accuracy and velocity over the course of his collegiate career. Another area where Sustr has really developed is his skating. He’s not the prettiest skater, but he moves remarkably well for such a big man. Sustr has also shown marked improvement in his agility and balance.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:

Antoine Laganiere, RW
Senior, Yale University

Has the feel of a guy who doesn't wanna play in MTL, didn't play jr there and went to van city's camp

Old
03-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post

It's worth noting that the Sharks have already committed 53.7mil to 13 players next season. I don't think they can justify bringing in a Gionta or Bourque. Also, they have Boyle and Burns on the blue line, I don't think they are a candidate (if there are any) to take Kaberle.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Habtchum*

This one doesn't look bad, too...

Shayne Taker, D
Junior, University of Notre Dame

Shayne Taker (pronounced “tacker”) is part of Notre Dame’s excellent and very mobile defensive corps. At 6’4” and 201 pounds, he is one of the Fighting Irish’s biggest rearguards. He and senior defensive partner Sam Calabrese have played together all season in both even strength and power-play situations. The Surrey, BC native has played in all 36 games to date, posting 13 points (one goal, 12 assists). Taker’s lone goal so far, a power-play tally, came back on Dec. 15th versus Bowling Green. His 13 points is nearly double what he posted last season. Taker began gaining NHL interest last season, and a number of teams continue to eye the junior defenseman. One of them is the Vancouver Canucks, whose prospect camp Taker attended this past summer.

Taker is an excellent skating, puck-moving defenseman. He plays a solid two-way game, but where he has really begun to blossom is on offense. This season, he sees regular time on Notre Dame’s power-play and can be seen jumping up into plays, as well. His growing offensive side hasn’t come at the expense of his outstanding defensive side, either. Taker has shown more confidence and patience with the puck and he’s making better decisions. That has resulted in smarter puck movement, especially in his outlet passes. Taker possesses a hard shot that has developed more velocity thanks to his added physical strength. One of Taker’s best attributes and one scouts have taken notice of is his skating. He is very mobile with good speed and acceleration. His noticeably improved feet have significantly enhanced his transitioning, while making his strides smoother. Taker is a fierce competitor that also brings a physical element to his game. While he’s not afraid to mix things up, Taker has also shown that he can play with discipline.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Has the feel of a guy who doesn't wanna play in MTL, didn't play jr there and went to van city's camp
... Almost same as Leblanc...

Old
03-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Andrej Sustr, D
Junior, University of Nebraska-Omaha

Along with Western Michigan’s Dan DeKeyser, Nebraska-Omaha rearguard Andrej Sustr is the hottest commodity on the collegiate free agent market this season. The 6’8”, 225-pound native of Plzen, Czech Republic has had the attention of NHL scouts from almost the moment he arrived in Omaha nearly three years ago. But when his skill set began to catch up with his enormous size last season, interest in Sustr skyrocketed. There are now at least 20 teams hoping to land the prized junior defenseman. Among the teams showing strong interest are the Detroit Red Wings, the Los Angeles Kings, the Ottawa Senators, and the Vancouver Canucks. The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Tampa Bay Lightning, whose prospect camps Sustr attended last summer, are also in the mix. Sustr currently leads the Mavericks in defensive scoring with 22 points (eight goals, 14 assists) in 34 games to date. Sustr has played nearly the entire season alongside 6’6” sophomore Jaycob Megna (ANA), comprising the nation’s biggest defensive tandem.

While his gigantic frame is certainly one attribute that NHL teams like about Sustr, what has impressed them even more is how effectively he uses it. Sustr takes full advantage of his size, strength and wingspan in moving opposing players off pucks and taking away their time and space. He has good gap control and does an excellent job in containment, as well. Sustr is also a player that doesn’t shy away from playing the body, showing that he can dish out some of the most punishing hits in college hockey. Two of Sustr’s best assets are his stick and his shot. He uses his excellent stick work exceedingly well at both ends of the ice, whether it is in creating turnovers or distributing the puck. His cannon-like shot has improved in both accuracy and velocity over the course of his collegiate career. Another area where Sustr has really developed is his skating. He’s not the prettiest skater, but he moves remarkably well for such a big man. Sustr has also shown marked improvement in his agility and balance.

I like the sound of this guy. But is he NHL ready?

These players who are NCAA UFAs will jump at the offer that gets them into the NHL right away. Teams like CBJ have more incentive to let a kid jump right in

Old
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I like the sound of this guy. But is he NHL ready?

These players who are NCAA UFAs will jump at the offer that gets them into the NHL right away. Teams like CBJ have more incentive to let a kid jump right in
Do they have to be given a NHL spot or can they just be signed and sent to AHL ? I think they can be sent to AHL for further development.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Do they have to be given a NHL spot or can they just be signed and sent to AHL ? I think they can be sent to AHL for further development.
They can be sent to the AHL but they are more likely to accept a team's offer that includes a guaranteed NHL spot. I think Tyler Bozak was told he would get shot at the NHL in his first season.

Closed Thread