HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Habtchum*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
They can be sent to the AHL but they are more likely to accept a team's offer that includes a guaranteed NHL spot. I think Tyler Bozak was told he would get shot at the NHL in his first season.
All these guys are Seniors and never been drafted before. I am pretty sure they would not refuse a PRO hockey contract, even if it's in the AHL for the moment.

I remember the Habs signing Yan Danis and sending him down to Hamilton. DaCosta in Ottawa was soon sent down to Binghampton because he was clearly not NHL ready. Bozak is an exception.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
They can be sent to the AHL but they are more likely to accept a team's offer that includes a guaranteed NHL spot. I think Tyler Bozak was told he would get shot at the NHL in his first season.
this.

I like this idea of signing young UFAs like this when they fit our needs (Big physical D and Big bodied fwd)

At this point I would think Pateryn is closer to being NHL ready (for our needs and level of play needed) than Andrej Sustr

Old
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I like.

Let's keep talking about how bad Kaberle is, so that the other teams don't track him on the ice, and he can continue to sneak a few more assists in (that's goals for the team for the mentally challenged).
You really don't think the Habs would be better served spending his money elsewhere next season?

Old
03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
All these guys are Seniors and never been drafted before. I am pretty sure they would not refuse a PRO hockey contract, even if it's in the AHL for the moment.

I remember the Habs signing Yan Danis and sending him down to Hamilton. DaCosta in Ottawa was soon sent down to Binghampton because he was clearly not NHL ready. Bozak is an exception.
Depends....how many teams are making offers and is one or more offering an NHL shot?

Old
03-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Habtchum*

This one seems the most coveted College FA...

Dan DeKeyser, D
Junior, Western Michigan University

Dan DeKeyser was the most coveted available collegiate free agent last season and that hasn’t changed this season. Among the teams heavily pursuing him are the Calgary Flames, the Detroit Red Wings and the Tampa Bay Lightning. DeKeyser opted to return to Western Michigan this season in large part due to the impending (and eventual) NHL lockout. His return has greatly benefited not only his Broncos team but his overall development, as well. To date, DeKeyser has played in 33 games, posting 15 points (two goals, 13 assists). He logs nearly 30 minutes of ice time per game playing alongside senior Luke Witkowski (TBL) as part of one of the nation’s most dominant defensive pairings.

The Clay Township, MI native has blossomed into one of college hockey’s top rearguards. And while he is a defensive defenseman, DeKeyser is by no means the stay-at-home type. He is very mobile, plays intelligently in all three zones, and can be seen jumping into plays when opportunities present themselves. At 6’3” and 198 pounds, DeKeyser has a good frame and one attribute that has had scouts clamoring to get glimpses of him is how well he uses that frame. DeKeyser uses his size, strength and tenacity quite effectively in wearing down opposing players and taking away time and space. This is particularly evident in his excellent play along the boards. DeKeyser is an agile skater with terrific feet and great balance. He moves equally well going north-south and east-west. His skating and feet also allow him to make smooth transitions and make the right plays. One attribute that sets DeKeyser apart from many other collegiate defensemen is his ability to control the tempo of the game. He sees the ice really well and possesses great hockey sense. His decision-making has continually improved with quicker and smarter reads and reactions. DeKeyser possesses a powerful shot and can get shots to the net. He has great hands and moves the puck exceedingly well, too.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Depends....how many teams are making offers and is one or more offering an NHL shot?
Not many teams have open spots for raw College rookies.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Habtchum*

If you want to read about these College FA.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...be-nhl-bound/?

Old
03-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Not many teams have open spots for raw College rookies.
do we have spots in the AHL for them either?

And where are you finding these writeups?

Old
03-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
do we have spots in the AHL for them either?

And where are you finding these writeups?
See my post above yours.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:27 PM
LePoche69

I think if Habs sign someone from college, it would be Kristo as soon as his season is over. And at 22, playing against older players than in Canadian junior, he could be closer from the NHL than we think.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:35 PM
ChoseLa

I realy doubt Clarkson hit the market, he's gonna be a Devil next season, and will likely retire as a Devil.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:49 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I realy doubt Clarkson hit the market, he's gonna be a Devil next season, and will likely retire as a Devil.
I dunno about that. The Devils are not heading in the right direction. They're getting old and they'll soon lose Brodeur.

If I was Clarkson, I would get out of there to sign with a raising team. But that doesn't mean it will happen, of course. You may very well be right.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:59 PM
LaTenderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoned View Post
Clarkson will be overpaid. Really overpaid. Not sure I want Bergevin to be the one overpaying.
Came here to write exactly this! Clarkson is good but is about to his the lotto.

Also why is everyone so high on Stewart???

Not sure why anyone would want Chris Stewart if they watch any of his games in St Louis. Why anybody says he's a top 6 power forward is also beyond me.

The guy has been mediocre in St Louis and is a 3rd liner on a team with very few good wingers. No way I'd want him anywhere near our top 6 I don't care what the price is.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:03 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
Came here to write exactly this! Clarkson is good but is about to his the lotto.

Also why is everyone so high on Stewart???

Not sure why anyone would want Chris Stewart if they watch any of his games in St Louis. Why anybody says he's a top 6 power forward is also beyond me.

The guy has been mediocre in St Louis and is a 3rd liner on a team with very few good wingers. No way I'd want him anywhere near our top 6 I don't care what the price is.
People here were high on Anthony Stewart, and he's the one who never did anything at the NHL level. No surprise to me.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I think if Habs sign someone from college, it would be Kristo as soon as his season is over. And at 22, playing against older players than in Canadian junior, he could be closer from the NHL than we think.
We don't know yet if Kristo will FINALLy sign a pro contract with the Habs. And if so, I think he's gonna need a good year or two at AHL level.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Mue

Quote:
We don't know yet if Kristo will FINALLy sign a pro contract with the Habs.
If he wants to play in the NHL, what are his options other than demanding a trade?

Old
03-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Right, we should still offer him a nice contract, just in case.
Meh

Horton is big but for his size he's not a constant physical player. He was a big pansy and floater when he was in Florida. He now play a lil tougher because he's on the Bruins but he's not a guy i would target , especially if he's looking for big $$$/long term. I don't think he would sign with the Habs anyway , too much bad blood.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Meh

Horton is big but for his size he's not a constant physical player. He was a big pansy and floater when he was in Florida. He now play a lil tougher because he's on the Bruins but he's not a guy i would target , especially if he's looking for big $$$/long term. I don't think he would sign with the Habs anyway , too much bad blood.
Think exactly the same.

Don't want him with a Habs jersey on, and I think it is mutual.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
If he wants to play in the NHL, what are his options other than demanding a trade?
don't sign with the Habs to become an UFA for next year, like Justin Schultz with the Oilers.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:53 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
We don't know yet if Kristo will FINALLy sign a pro contract with the Habs. And if so, I think he's gonna need a good year or two at AHL level.
I tend to agree with that. But I don't think he's that far from what Bozak was when he signed with the Leafs, so Habs could want to give him a try.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
don't sign with the Habs to become an UFA for next year, like Justin Schultz with the Oilers.
Habs must sign him before a certain date, don't they ?

Old
03-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Mue

Quote:
That 'loophole' doesn't apply to Kristo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum
August 15th is the deadline for NCAA prospects, I believe.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Yes, but I dunno the date.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:58 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Why? And is it really a "loophole"? I think if he decides not to sign with the Habs at a certain date, he will become UFA. That's what I read somewhere.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:

August 15th is the deadline for NCAA prospects, I believe.
What was that loophole again ? please.

Closed Thread