HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2013, 08:38 PM
  #451
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'm scared of what all in is.
7 years, 9mil/yr

Roulin is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:45 PM
  #452
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Corey Perry doesn't like the lime light much. But he does want to go back east so maybe we can convince him.

schumway2 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:49 PM
  #453
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
7 years, 9mil/yr
He's gonna get Brad Richards money and i hope were the one handing it to him, just what we need.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:07 PM
  #454
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,943
vCash: 500
Clowe might be an option...

Mathradio is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:10 PM
  #455
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Corey Perry doesn't like the lime light much. But he does want to go back east so maybe we can convince him.
Where did you hear he wants to go back east?
I've only heard that he loves the Cali lifestyle as does Getzlaf.

shutehinside is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:12 PM
  #456
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Clowe might be an option...
I like Clowe a lot... it's just his age that's a deterent. He'll be 31 at the beginning of next season. If he commands a 4 or 5 year contract, are we willing to sign a player for a decent amount of cap space through the age of 34 or 35? I'd be cautious.

Roulin is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:14 PM
  #457
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I like Clowe a lot... it's just his age that's a deterent. He'll be 31 at the beginning of next season. If he commands a 4 or 5 year contract, are we willing to sign a player for a decent amount of cap space through the age of 34 or 35? I'd be cautious.
He'd probably want top 6 money also...which he isn't. He'd be ok with limited minutes, park him in the crease on the PP like Hartnell in Phillie and have him fight. 3 years 7.5 mil.

Some idiot GM will give him 3-4 years at 4+ mil and look bad...hope it's not MB.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
  #458
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He'd probably want top 6 money also...which he isn't. He'd be ok with limited minutes, park him in the crease on the PP like Hartnell in Phillie and have him fight. 3 years 7.5 mil.

Some idiot GM will give him 3-4 years at 4+ mil and look bad...hope it's not MB.
If he continues to struggle this year, I'd give him Dustin Penner money. 2 years 6.5 total.

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
  #459
Crystal Met
Registered User
 
Crystal Met's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
soooo.. we can forget about trading weber

Crystal Met is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
  #460
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
If he continues to struggle this year, I'd give him Dustin Penner money. 2 years 6.5 total.
The way he is playing now that's overpayment.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:23 PM
  #461
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
soooo.. we can forget about trading weber
I'm pretty sure NHL GM's are smarter than HF Board posters.

If Bergevin wants to tarde Weber he'll have no problem finding a taker.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
  #462
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The way he is playing now that's overpayment.
No choice when the guy is a UFA. It's only two years anyways.

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:26 PM
  #463
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
No choice when the guy is a UFA. It's only two years anyways.
He's the most overrated player on HF boards.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
  #464
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
No choice when the guy is a UFA. It's only two years anyways.
You know he's horrible, right?

PyrettaBlaze is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:30 PM
  #465
The Doors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
No choice when the guy is a UFA. It's only two years anyways.
By that logic the Habs had a better player (I know, older, but still) than Clowe kicking around for 2 years that fills a similar role and just dealt him.

I think Clowe is looking at a big overpayment from a desparate team. I don't see Habs being that team.

As for Perry he's obviously a great player but throwing insane money on long term deals is a tough call.


Last edited by The Doors: 03-07-2013 at 09:38 PM.
The Doors is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:32 PM
  #466
Crystal Met
Registered User
 
Crystal Met's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm pretty sure NHL GM's are smarter than HF Board posters.

If Bergevin wants to tarde Weber he'll have no problem finding a taker.
Uhhhhh maybe because he's now injured ? Plus his horrible game didnt help increase his already extra low trade value

Crystal Met is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
  #467
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He's the most overrated player on HF boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
You know he's horrible, right?
This year, he's been pretty bad but don't forget that it's only been 20 games. I mean, Bourque was pretty "horrible" last year too..

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
  #468
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
Uhhhhh maybe because he's now injured ? Plus his horrible game didnt help increase his already extra low trade value
He hadn't played an NHL game in 5 weeks...anybody with 1/3 of a brain would realise that.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:34 PM
  #469
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
This year, he's been pretty bad but don't forget that it's only been 20 games. I mean, Bourque was pretty "horrible" last year too..
Clowe was overrated well before he became horrible. He was the slowest player in the NHL even at his best.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
  #470
Crystal Met
Registered User
 
Crystal Met's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He hadn't played an NHL game in 5 weeks...anybody with 1/3 of a brain would realise that.
wow calm down man, whats with the retard stuff? All I'm saying is Weber had already minimal value and he's now injured, so we can forget about trading him.

Crystal Met is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 10:18 PM
  #471
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Where did you hear he wants to go back east?
I've only heard that he loves the Cali lifestyle as does Getzlaf.
Ducks fans are saying he wants to be closer to family. Apart from that he does like Anaheim.

schumway2 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 10:27 PM
  #472
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
You know he's horrible, right?
What? Ryan Clowe is not horrible. He is a good player that plays hard and is tough as nails. He'd be a big plus in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He was the slowest player in the NHL even at his best.
Ummm, no.

HankyZetts is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
  #473
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
What? Ryan Clowe is not horrible. He is a good player that plays hard and is tough as nails. He'd be a big plus in the playoffs.
I thought we were talking about Penner? If not, ignore what I said!

PyrettaBlaze is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 10:31 PM
  #474
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I thought we were talking about Penner? If not, ignore what I said!
Oh snap!

Yeah Penner is a bum.

HankyZetts is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 10:35 PM
  #475
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Oh snap!

Yeah Penner is a bum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
If he continues to struggle this year, I'd give him Dustin Penner money. 2 years 6.5 total.
LOOOOL totally read the quote wrong. Thought it said "I'd give Dustin Penner money."

PyrettaBlaze is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.