HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Oh wow, Boll over Armstrong would be a BIG step in the right direction. You gus want aomebody that doesn't send out faxs and can play a rgylar shift? There he is. You just got to expext a couple clean losses cause he's not the biggest heavyweight.

Old
03-10-2013, 08:04 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
If MB can get rid of Kaberle and his 4.2mill RJ Umberger would be a nice little addition to our team and powerplay. He would be a nice replacement for Ryder next year as well.
I would try and swing a deal for both Umberger and Boll.

Old
03-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
If MB can get rid of Kaberle and his 4.2mill RJ Umberger would be a nice little addition to our team and powerplay. He would be a nice replacement for Ryder next year as well.
I think Boll would be a good acquisition depending on his cap hit and status next year. I see him as an upgraded version of white. Moen has to go IMO. Webber could be an interresting throw in. I dot think we need to spend a lot in the top 9, there will be a log jam as soon as Bourque is back.

Old
03-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Be realistic. Their bubble will burst, they will be a seller a few weeks from now....
I've unfortunately misplaced my crystal ball.

Fact is that in their 4 game winning streak, they beat the Canucks and the Red Wings. Hockey is played on the ice, I don't think that they're counting themselves out just yet and who knows at the deadline.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
MB is building a dynasty threw our prospect depth. I'm 99% sure that next season we will have the same top 6 as this season, plus 1 of Leblanc/Kristo/Bournival will have a legitimate chance to crack the top 9 right away.Umberger has a too big contract for my liking. Let's take care of having a real 4th line 1st, than add on to what currently is going great.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:27 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
You do realize that 90 of those PIM were fighting majors, right? Those penalties don't give PP to any team. That's 36 non-fighting PIM for Boll, and 26 non-fighting PIM for Moen. This point is irrelevant.

As for Moen producing offensively... Yeah. It also shows how poor our team was last season. I couldn't give any less of a **** to see a 4th liner produce offensively. It's with this mentality that you end up having Darche, Weber and Engqvist on your 4th line. And it's really odd to praise Moen's penalty killing performance, when it's been one of the worst areas of our game this season.

Moen dropping the gloves, like you reported, is also something he has been refusing to do for his team for a good while.
Seems I started the WTF is with Moen thing 2 months ago. Can't stand him. useless. I stand by it. He better pick it up MASSIVELY in the PO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Oh wow, Boll over Armstrong would be a BIG step in the right direction. You gus want aomebody that doesn't send out faxs and can play a rgylar shift? There he is. You just got to expext a couple clean losses cause he's not the biggest heavyweight.
Bring it on.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Have you seen the length on Umberger's deal? Umberger is signed through 2017 at 4.6 M. No thanks. And looking at his numbers this season and last, he's declining. And he's about to turn 31.

Columbus would have to add in something for me to take on that deal.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Seems I started the WTF is with Moen thing 2 months ago. Can't stand him. useless. I stand by it. He better pick it up MASSIVELY in the PO.
The sad thing is that Moen is playing exactly like he has been playing most of the time as a habs... until pretty much last season where he was good. His contract year.

Our lack of physicality has made us blind to Moen true contribution, but now that we have Prust, the difference is obvious.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
MB is building a dynasty threw our prospect depth. I'm 99% sure that next season we will have the same top 6 as this season, plus 1 of Leblanc/Kristo/Bournival will have a legitimate chance to crack the top 9 right away.Umberger has a too big contract for my liking. Let's take care of having a real 4th line 1st, than add on to what currently is going great.
That's what I'm aiming for

Old
03-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post

And, about Boll...bring it on.
Moen: I feel the same way...he's not the same player, but...he's given so much to our Habs in the not so distant past...I'm still a believer for 2013 playoffs (Moen is a playoffs warrior), but hopefully he really picks it up for the playoffs.
It's as if he's pacing himself...saving himself for po...not a bad idea if it works!

We're going to lose so much grit if we trade Moen for a non-gritty player...Moen should pick it up for playoffs.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Tiger Svoboda

I think Moen is better than most 4th liner in the ligue. He will be usefull at some point.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Foligno seems like a good pickup for a playoff team, shame he's so ugly though.
I'd take Foligno anyday...if the price is right (I really want us to keep all our 2nd Rnd Picks since Timmins can find star prospects even in the 5th Rnd...ex: Gallagher!!). Still don't know why Sens traded him...don't know too much about that Methot dman he was traded for (except that he's tall/big and from Ottawa!).

Imo, Foligno would be solid for our 3rd line and great for top 6 depth in case of injuries to our top 6 forwards, but wouldn't overpay.

P.S..: and ugly...not sure if Foligno is handsome or ugly or whatever!!, but...I like the way he plays hockey from what I've seen from him (enough but not that much! gritty/sandpaper, has some offensive underrated upside but not major upside).
Ugly: Chara, Chara, and Chara. (and Lucic).

Old
03-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Andy

I find it extremely funny that most of the people who thought Bourque had a bad contract, want Foligno who is signed for 300k less than Bourque with almost the same term remaining.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:05 AM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
The sad thing is that Moen is playing exactly like he has been playing most of the time as a habs... until pretty much last season where he was good. His contract year.

Our lack of physicality has made us blind to Moen true contribution, but now that we have Prust, the difference is obvious.
I'm usually quick to criticise poor play but honestly, if he was playing poorly on our 4th line we'd get scored upon much more. He's only -2 and he's only paid 1.5m there's nothing to complain about there, he's not even taking bad penalties.

Both him and Armstrong bring a presence to the team and defensive awareness so I'm really not worried about him.

And if Gionta actually keeps up his tenacious play (he's been indicating that he's finally 'turned on') then there's nothing to worry about except for Bouillon!

Old
03-10-2013, 11:11 AM
shutehinside

How about Tomas Kopecky?
Big, skilled, rugged and came from Chicago where Bergy knows him well.
Could be interesting.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Impossible Glory

I'm really eager to see what Bergevin is made of on deadline day. With so many teams contending for a playoff spot, he will have to compete with almost everyone to get one of the few available guys. Also, he will have to be careful not to overpay too much for one of those players.

It will probably be better not to move anything if the price is not right anyway. And the price will surely not be right so...

Old
03-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Undertakerqc

I think the Habs should try to bring George Parros from Florida.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Andy

I want Bergy to focus on the Defense. With Bourque coming back, the top 9 will be extremely crowded.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
How exactly is a team 4 points out of a playoffs spot and winner of 4 straight, a "sure seller"? Please explain.
they are 14th out of 15 teams, one point ahead of 15th, and having played one more game than 15th placed team. If they aren't sure sellers, there aren't any in the west. It's not the number of points, its how many teams are ahead.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:43 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

I still say that a 4th liner capable of playing hockey and contributing to some aspects of the game is what I'd look for first. If Bourque's injury is anymore serious than anticipated, Foligno would be a great pick to replace him.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Parros for Plekanec straight up?

Old
03-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
they are 14th out of 15 teams, one point ahead of 15th, and having played one more game than 15th placed team. If they aren't sure sellers, there aren't any in the west. It's not the number of points, its how many teams are ahead.
I stand by what I've said. They've won 4 in a row, including key wins against Vancouver and Detroit and are only 4 points back of a playoffs' spot. If you think that makes them "sure sellers", we don't have the same definition and I'd put my hand in the fire that management doesn't share your view.

Old
03-10-2013, 12:33 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Instead, I would like to see M.B look at Chris Thorburn. Better player than parros, can kill penalty and can fight an HW when needed. He could share duties with prust against bigger opponent. He would certainly ben an update over Armstrong.

Lately, he felt a bit out of favor in Winnipeg, but I'm sure he can be usefull in an habs jersey!

Old
03-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Andy

Habs need defense, not a HW.

All we lost is Diaz and our defense has been all over the place ever since.

Old
03-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I don't think MB would touch his cap hit based on his production.

Closed Thread