HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 11:30 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
I don't believe in heavyweight enforcer... I think we're one Iginla or/and one D away from being cup contenders, and not one Jared Boll away from it

am I the only one who's not really into heavyweight enforcers?
Boll is not a heavyweight enforcer...he's more of a middleweight who will fight above his class if needed.

But he can play 10 mins a game, play physical, block shots...just someone else that could compliment Prust and help him out in terms of physical play out there.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Feel The Rush

Yeah Boll is like Prust v 2.0. Prust is a better hockey player but Boll is a better fighter.

A Prust - White/Dumont - Boll line would be fun to watch

Old
03-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Why do people always forget about Dalton Thrower ?

He has the highest upside of anyone not named Beaulieu or Tinordi imho
Thrower has been highly underwhelming this year for the Blades. His NHL potential is in doubt, he just doesn't seem to process the game well enough and he's an average skater.

Really hope Renaud is right, that's basically what I would be looking to do.

I would love to get Dubinsky too. The contract is fair for a player in his prime (had to add that in before someone says, but it's the same length as Cole!)

Old
03-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Feel The Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Thrower has been highly underwhelming this year for the Blades. His NHL potential is in doubt, he just doesn't seem to process the game well enough and he's an average skater.
Awww crap . I admit i didn't follow him a lot this year and i just looked at his stats this year and yeah his production dropped by half. I was very happy that we drafted him last year because i liked his package of physicality , toughness and offensive potential but the fact that he seems to have regressed in the WHL this year is not a good sign.

On the bright side Dietz seems to be pretty good , at least by looking at his stats. I was hoping to see the Thrower - Dietz pairing reunited in the NHL but i'll settle for just one of them making it. With Tinordi and Beaulieu things are still looking good on the D side even if Thrower doesn't make it anyway

Old
03-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Dubinsky's caphit is 4,2 and ends in 2014-2015. He would be a great addition to this team but Columbus has no reasons to trade him since they're playing well. I also don't think Bergevin will be willing to give young players and draft picks in order to get him.
We have Lars Eller that could do the same job for 3M less. If you want Dubinsky you have to give Eller. I rather trade Eller in a package that could land a guy like Perry, Ryan, etc.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Why do people always forget about Dalton Thrower ?

He has the highest upside of anyone not named Beaulieu or Tinordi imho
You base this off of what, exactly?

Thrower has looked quite average with Saskatoon this season. His skating is not a strength and his overall game has taken a dip. Darren Dietz on the other hand. THAT'S a guy that should find himself in Hamilton next season.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:04 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:

Really hope Renaud is right, that's basically what I would be looking to do.

I would love to get Dubinsky too. The contract is fair for a player in his prime (had to add that in before someone says, but it's the same length as Cole!)
News to me?

Old
03-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

Thrower has looked quite average with Saskatoon this season. His skating is not a strength and his overall game has taken a dip. Darren Dietz on the other hand. THAT'S a guy that should find himself in Hamilton next season.
I've only seen 4-5 games mostly before the lockout and I agree he has plenty of work to do for us to get all excited about. Dietz is better at the moment and so is Ellis after Beaulieu and Tinordi

Old
03-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Feel The Rush

Quote:

I base that on what i've seen from him last year. He's also ranked 3rd on our D prospect list (i know that doesn't mean much but still).

He did look good last year. I don't think MB/Timmins picked him in the 2nd for nothing. They saw something too but the way you guys talk about his game this year it may have been just a flash in the pan it seems.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:08 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:

Dalton Thrower will be just fine and that poster is absolutely correct, Thrower has the highest potential of any D not named Beaulieu or Tinordi. This year was a mess for him, but from what I saw, he still shows very good NHL potential. His skating is fine, a little awkward but he knows how to get around and more importantly, how to line people up . His puck skills are a plus as is his ability to fight. He will need to round out his D positioning but that's normal for a defenseman who loves to hit, fight and toe drag.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Don't count off Thrower too soon. That guy is all about character. He has all the tools too suceed. He's our best prospect fighter by a MILE and i think he has more offensive upside than Dietz, even after the good season of Dietz.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Pax Macioretty

Oh boy, Montador is on waivers. Worth a claim?

Old
03-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
His contract is way too awful. That's too bad, because he's the kind of D we could use.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
We have Lars Eller that could do the same job for 3M less. If you want Dubinsky you have to give Eller. I rather trade Eller in a package that could land a guy like Perry, Ryan, etc.
Are you Jarmo Kekalainen? How do you know what the price is for Dubinsky?

Of course, if the price is Eller, you don't make the trade.

Dubinsky is a different player though, he brings a far different element to the game than Eller.

Montador is also concussion prone, pass. In fact, I am surprised he is on waivers, guess he may be healthy now.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Nope.

http://capgeek.com/player/235

Old
03-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:

Dubinsky is a different player though, he brings a far different element to the game than Eller.

Montador is also concussion prone, pass. In fact, I am surprised he is on waivers, guess he may be healthy now.
Assuming that you have to make room for Dubinsky on the 3rd line...Also that Kekalainen drafted Eller...

Old
03-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Not sure it would be a good gamble. Signed for 2 more years at 2.75 and has concussion issues. I know you can use LITR but hard to map out a lineup if you have guys you can't plan on having around. If he was a UFA at year end I'd be ok taking the chance.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:

But you're right. Dubinsky game is totally different than Eller. More gritter but is that worth it? I don't know.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:28 PM
7th Player

I don't know about you guys but with the Cole trade and wanting to clear some cap space for next year for a forward that plays with grit, I have a gut feeling we're going after Kris Versteeg. He signed for 4 more years at 4.4$ and Bergy knows him from his time in CHI. A cup winner and a proven 20G30A/50PTS guy who plays either wing. His name came up this morning by (I know) Bruce Garrioch.

What do you guys think and what do you think it takes to acquire him?

Old
03-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Even if Dubinsky was a carbon copy of what Eller gives you, that's not a bad thing. Eller has been a really good contributor in many aspects this year. Offense, solid defensive play, PK plus brought grit.

A deal for Dubinsky would have to be something like Thrower or Holland plus a 2nd or 3rd to make sense for the Habs.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
I don't know about you guys but with the Cole trade and wanting to clear some cap space for next year for a forward that plays with grit, I have a gut feeling we're going after Kris Versteeg. He signed for 4 more years at 4.4$ and Bergy knows him from his time in CHI. A cup winner and a proven 20G30A/50PTS guy who plays either wing. His name came up this morning by (I know) Bruce Garrioch.

Versteeg is CRAP. Panthers fans cannot wait to get rid of this floater. Keep him away from the team!

Jared Boll is a player I wouldn't mind to trade for.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post

I don't see Versteeg in a Habs uni at all. If MB adds a forward I expect an enforcer(4th line) or power winger(top 9) in the mold of Clowe Dubinsky etc. No way he adds another 5'9" or 5'10" forward.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Agreed with others, absolutely no interest in Versteeg what's so ever

Old
03-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Even if Dubinsky was a carbon copy of what Eller gives you, that's not a bad thing. Eller has been a really good contributor in many aspects this year. Offense, solid defensive play, PK plus brought grit.

A deal for Dubinsky would have to be something like Thrower or Holland plus a 2nd or 3rd to make sense for the Habs.
I understand but where's he's gonna play? You have to give a roster spot.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

I'm pretty sure that MB is going to make some changes, though they may be small changes. He didn't make too many big changes since coming here but there's no doubt he wants to make this team his own.

Closed Thread