HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM"

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 03:38 AM
Arpeggio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Listening to Bob Stauffer's older podcast, he is giving a hint that EDM and CBJ may be trade partners in the offseason, saying Jack Johnson is the most likely to move out of the Johnson/Tyutin/Wisniewski three.

Also points out that the big LW's are out there, and the guy Edmonton could target is a guy who is having a crappy year, maybe on a 2nd/3rd line role right now, who could come in and fit behind Hall.

Stauffer also thinks there is a good possibility that a guy in Edmonton with a contract ends up moving for another guy with a contract, mentions that EDM got Peca off of a crappy year and ties that back to the LW thing again, saying Edmonton may need to take a chance. They may have to sell it by telling that type of player by telling them who their linemates will be (the kids)

Thinking Ryane Clowe is the guy with the crappy year, but he doesn't have a contract...hmmmm

Earlier in the podcast, Craig Button believes Brett Ritchie is the perfect player for Edmonton, mentions no way EDM would be able to grab him.
I think the Oilers should trade for Clowe now if he's available. I'd give up a second. I think it's worth it to see if he fits with the team.

And yeah, I would also like to see Iginla on the Oilers just for kicks.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:44 AM
awesomo
HARD!

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Should boot Belanger and give Arnott his job. 1 yr contract. He would probably be a much more acceptable veteran presence.

Or maybe not.
I would seriously question the team if they signed Arnott. A guy who has failed to complete contracts with 2 different teams.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:53 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Listening to Bob Stauffer's older podcast, he is giving a hint that EDM and CBJ may be trade partners in the offseason, saying Jack Johnson is the most likely to move out of the Johnson/Tyutin/Wisniewski three.

Also points out that the big LW's are out there, and the guy Edmonton could target is a guy who is having a crappy year, maybe on a 2nd/3rd line role right now, who could come in and fit behind Hall.

Stauffer also thinks there is a good possibility that a guy in Edmonton with a contract ends up moving for another guy with a contract, mentions that EDM got Peca off of a crappy year and ties that back to the LW thing again, saying Edmonton may need to take a chance. They may have to sell it by telling that type of player by telling them who their linemates will be (the kids)

Thinking Ryane Clowe is the guy with the crappy year, but he doesn't have a contract...hmmmm

Earlier in the podcast, Craig Button believes Brett Ritchie is the perfect player for Edmonton, mentions no way EDM would be able to grab him.
Jack Johnson looks really impressive when you watch him and he has the whole package to be one of the best d-men in the league, but the stats show a clear trend and he is giving up way too much on the defensive side of the puck. We need someone more stable I would not be against a Tyutin for Hemsky swap he would make a better player to pair with J. Schultz and would allow us to play Nick on the 3rd pairing where he is better suited. Quite surprisingly he is tied with Hemsky in points so I'm guessing CBJ fans are less inclined to give him up than usual.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:01 AM
Arpeggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
Jack Johnson looks really impressive when you watch him and he has the whole package to be one of the best d-men in the league, but the stats show a clear trend and he is giving up way too much on the defensive side of the puck. We need someone more stable I would not be against a Tyutin for Hemsky swap he would make a better player to pair with J. Schultz and would allow us to play Nick on the 3rd pairing where he is better suited. Quite surprisingly he is tied with Hemsky in points so I'm guessing CBJ fans are less inclined to give him up than usual.
I'd trade for Johnson and put him at left wing. And I'm only half joking.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:09 AM
Paralyzer008

More stuff: Bob Stauffer believes that EDM will make a surprising move with a player that has a contract not named Eberle/Hall/RNH/Schultz/Yakupov

He thinks there will be a decent sized move and maybe some smaller stuff before trade deadline day, and then a significant summer. We'll see.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:16 AM
McPoolParty
Jesse P for Prez

vCash: 50
Quote:
More stuff: Bob Stauffer believes that EDM will make a surprising move with a player that has a contract not named Eberle/Hall/RNH/Schultz/Yakupov

He thinks there will be a decent sized move and maybe some smaller stuff before trade deadline day, and then a significant summer. We'll see.
A significant summer for Tambellini is adding a 1st overall draft pick. I'm not buying the hype by Stauffer. Maybe he's trying to save tambellini's bacon by saying that he's going to make a fair amount of moves

Old
03-11-2013, 04:34 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
A significant summer for Tambellini is adding a 1st overall draft pick. I'm not buying the hype by Stauffer. Maybe he's trying to save tambellini's bacon by saying that he's going to make a fair amount of moves
If anyone knows it's Stauffer. He's got actual inside info, but he's on a leash so it's true we can't trust everything he says.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:37 AM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:

Am I mistaken or did Staufer just a day or two ago say that there'd be no deals? Interesting that Gagner wasn't mentioned and neither was Hemsky. Time will tell I suppose.

03-11-2013, 04:39 AM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

April 3rd is deadline day so we are a long way from there. I just hope that if it's been decided that Hemsky is on the outs that we move him so that we don't risk him getting hurt and not getting a damn thing in return for him.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:04 AM
CanadianSuperPromise

I honestly believe Stauffer is extremely unreliable, he's just a media puppet for the oilers. He always claims news about deals and proposals but they're never fufilled. What happened to the big deal he reported during the lockout, that he was constantly raving about?

Old
03-11-2013, 05:12 AM
MetaOil1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
I would love to see Oilers sign Iginla for 1 year next season just to **** of Feaster

Attachment 61757
Me too, Iggy would look sick in Oil silks , Could you imagine the uproar on Calgarypuck if it happened?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the struggling forward Stauffer means is Drew Stafford. Seems like the Oilers liked him for awhile. And if im not mistaken he can play both RW and LW. Would take a chance on Johnson. Though his defense worries me. Would prefer a more steady guy like Tyutin instead.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Am I mistaken or did Staufer just a day or two ago say that there'd be no deals? Interesting that Gagner wasn't mentioned and neither was Hemsky. Time will tell I suppose.
I think Stauffer is saying there will be no deals right now. He mentioned we'd know where the Oilers will be as a team at the end of their four game home stand (which is March 23) so maybe we have to wait until a week or two before deadline day before things pick up.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:03 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 4434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Stauffer also said there would be a "game changing trade" and we are still waiting, while Stauffer said it could happen in the off season now.

When Stauffer speaks, we need to remember that he is on the pay roll of the oilers and when he speaks, he may not be speaking his own mind, but someone elses.

I am the KING of Alternative Facts as any hockey fan is
Old
03-11-2013, 09:17 AM
McDoused

Anyone up for a draft deadline game? The trade deadline is three weeks away so we would have to start one up in the next week or so.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:20 AM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

vCash: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Stauffer also said there would be a "game changing trade" and we are still waiting, while Stauffer said it could happen in the off season now.

When Stauffer speaks, we need to remember that he is on the pay roll of the oilers and when he speaks, he may not be speaking his own mind, but someone elses.
exactly,

Lowe: the fans are starting to panic and they are calling for our heads, steve any trades we should know about?
tambo " LOL no"
Lowe: ok call fat bob and tell him we are about to trade for crosby but if he mentions the players name he is fired.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:26 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
The whole Stauffer talking about a trade in the summer is as laughable as they come.

Like I mentioned with the "wow" deal that was potentially going to happen when the lockout was over, there is a lot of time for things to change. Players get hurt, players play worse/better, teams get better offers etc...

Why people give someone the time of day when they continue to talk about these future deals 3 months away is beyond me.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:54 AM
joestevens29

What is up with Dubinsky? I thought he was sticking around in CBJ being named captain?

Anyone wonder what taking a bad contract off their hands would do for a team. Hypothetically a team such as the Rags or Flyers take Wizneiwski simply to buy him out. What is that worth to Jarmo?

Old
03-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Pointteen

Any chance Gagner signs for 4 million a year long term? haha

Old
03-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Draiskull

vCash: 700
Knee jerk proposal:

Eberle + Whitney
for
Lucic

Gives us enough size in top 6 to keep both Gagner AND RNH.
BOS gets the best player in the deal AND a local player to provide depth in D.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:04 AM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Knee jerk proposal:

Eberle + Whitney
for
Lucic

Don't think Boston considers this.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Koto

they'd decline

Old
03-11-2013, 11:06 AM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
The whole Stauffer talking about a trade in the summer is as laughable as they come.

Like I mentioned with the "wow" deal that was potentially going to happen when the lockout was over, there is a lot of time for things to change. Players get hurt, players play worse/better, teams get better offers etc...

Why people give someone the time of day when they continue to talk about these future deals 3 months away is beyond me.
Wow you guys are so negative(not only you but the people saying the same in the above posts). Stauffer came on these forums and explained why the trade didn't happen. He also didn't make things up about a trade for ratings during the lockout because he had Lowe come on his show and hint at a major deal also potentially happening.

Things happen...deals fall through. Stauffer is the most connected media person in the city. It's funny some random posters on a message board questioning the guys credibility.

Reputation is pretty important in life. Maybe not on a message board....but in real life it matters. I can't see someone like Stauffer wanting to damage his reputation with all the things he has going in his favor - especially for ratings from fanboys that will tune in anyways no matter what he says

Old
03-11-2013, 11:09 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
Wow you guys are so negative(not only you but the people saying the same in the above posts). Stauffer came on these forums and explained why the trade didn't happen. He also didn't make things up about a trade for ratings during the lockout because he had Lowe come on his show and hint at a major deal also potentially happening.

Things happen...deals fall through. Stauffer is the most connected media person in the city. It's funny some random posters on a message board questioning the guys credibility.

Reputation is pretty important in life. Maybe not on a message board....but in real life it matters. I can't see someone like Stauffer wanting to damage his reputation with all the things he has going in his favor - especially for ratings from fanboys that will tune in anyways no matter what he says
I'm not questioning his credibility, but this whole pie in the sky crap that might happen in the summer is pointless.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Pondcake
Esquire

vCash: 132
Horcoff for Maata
Whitney and Omark for Boyle and St. Croix.
Belanger and Hemsky for Nattinen and a 1st.
Jones for a pick.
Draft MacKinnon, Lazar

Hall-Hopkins-Eberle
Gagner-MacKinnon-Yakupov
Hartikainen-UFA-Paajarvi
Eager-Boyle-Brown
Smyth/Petrell/Jones

UFA-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Maata/Klefbom-Schultz
Fistric

Dubnyk
UFA

Old
03-11-2013, 11:24 AM
OilDrop37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Knee jerk proposal:

Eberle + Whitney
for
Lucic

Lucic would be as close to untouchable in Boston as you could get.

Closed Thread