HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM"

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
spot

vCash: 500
Just a proposal I was thinking up for discussion.

To Vancouver: Hemsky, PRV, Dubynk
To Edmonton : Loungo, Kassian

Hall Gagner Yakupov
Kassian RNH Eberle
Smyth Horcoff Jones
Eager Belanger Brown
Petrell

Smid Petry
Schultz Schultz
Fistric Whitney

Loungo
Danis

Old
03-06-2013, 12:06 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
The problem with Nino is the Isles completely ****ed up his development. Last year he was getting crap minutes when he shouldve been in the AHL developing.

He basically lost last years development and he's behind the curve. He wont come cheap, but if he does want out, he needs to spend the rest of the season in the AHL to refine his game.
Ideally if you are Snow you try move him at the draft. If they want more picks they could get a 1st from a team like CGY who doesn't want to rebuild and would rather give up the pick and get someone further along in development.

The real wild card is it's the Isles and you don't know what they are ever thinking.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:07 PM
McTedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
The problem with Nino is the Isles completely ****ed up his development. Last year he was getting crap minutes when he shouldve been in the AHL developing.

He basically lost last years development and he's behind the curve. He wont come cheap, but if he does want out, he needs to spend the rest of the season in the AHL to refine his game.
I still think he's easier to get than a established power forward, PRV+ would probably get it done.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:11 PM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

I'm not surprised the Oilers didn't pick up Hamrlik... they have 8 dmen when healthy and a 9th would make Tambo's head explode because he'd actually have to move someone.

I don't know if Hamrlik is really an upgrade on what they have anyway... he's not a top 4 type dman anymore, almost 39 so he's obviously not going to get any better and the Oilers have a multitude of bottom pairing options already.

It would give them the ability to trade Potter/Peckham/Whitney but it's not like other teams are busting the door down for them anyway.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:12 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Don't think we need someone that can fight. And Kassian isn't exactly a fighter, he has fought Eager, Clowe, Roussel, Sestito, Staubitz and Matt Martin in his career. Not exactly a best of them list.

Clutterbuck is extremely physical and doesn't really fight.

All we need is a physical player that makes it tough on the other team.
bingo. i don't care if the player doesn't fight, just want the play to make it tough, agitate, and piss off opposition.

perhaps its time the oilers have a rat in their roster again

Old
03-06-2013, 12:14 PM
backhandsauce

I know we all hate this guy but Brenden Dillon would be a nice fit.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Just a proposal I was thinking up for discussion.

To Vancouver: Hemsky, PRV, Dubynk
To Edmonton : Loungo, Kassian

Hall Gagner Yakupov
Kassian RNH Eberle
Smyth Horcoff Jones
Eager Belanger Brown
Petrell

Smid Petry
Schultz Schultz
Fistric Whitney

Loungo
Danis
So much Ugh

I doubt Vancouver even considers it and they would have little interest in Dubnyk.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

The priority for the Oilers should be speedy players and physical players... preferably both in the same body.

They have some speed now but overall lack physical players... and speedy+physical players is essentially a void on the team.

Obviously a guy like Nino is something a team needs. I doubt the Isles let him go at a decent price (or at all actually). He has the potential to be a very good top 6 power forward... not something you give up on early without letting him develop into an NHL player.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:21 PM
McTedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
bingo. i don't care if the player doesn't fight, just want the play to make it tough, agitate, and piss off opposition.

perhaps its time the oilers have a rat in their roster again
I thought that was going to be Eager when we first acquired him. I think Eager as well as most fans are confused by the message from the bench however. We hear constantly about grit and protecting the kids but really don't achieve either. Last night against CBJ their D and Dorset were constantly hacking and getting extra shots in on Hall, Eberle and RNH...we absolutely had no response to this. I understand no taking extra penalties but we need to have a solution. I personally think frag you are right, we need a pest to agitate and be the aggressor. We need to initiate the play, not be the team continually frustrated and picked on.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:23 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
The priority for the Oilers should be speedy players and physical players... preferably both in the same body.

They have some speed now but overall lack physical players... and speedy+physical players is essentially a void on the team.

Obviously a guy like Nino is something a team needs. I doubt the Isles let him go at a decent price (or at all actually). He has the potential to be a very good top 6 power forward... not something you give up on early without letting him develop into an NHL player.
true but the isles are known for giving away/ giving up talent luongo, chara etc etc

Nino and DeHaan for PRV +

Old
03-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

On the Nino subject, I wonder if there's a deal there.

To NYI: Hartikainen, PRV and Peckham

To EDM: Nino and Okposo

Old
03-06-2013, 12:24 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
I thought that was going to be Eager when we first acquired him. I think Eager as well as most fans are confused by the message from the bench however. We hear constantly about grit and protecting the kids but really don't achieve either. Last night against CBJ their D and Dorset were constantly hacking and getting extra shots in on Hall, Eberle and RNH...we absolutely had no response to this. I understand no taking extra penalties but we need to have a solution. I personally think frag you are right, we need a pest to agitate and be the aggressor. We need to initiate the play, not be the team continually frustrated and picked on.
jordan nolan or kyle clifford would be great

Old
03-06-2013, 12:28 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
We need someone that can actually play in the top 6 that does that.
Quote:
I still think he's easier to get than a established power forward, PRV+ would probably get it done.
What's the plus our 2013 1st rounder?

They just aren't cheap. Horton went for a 1st and Weidman, Ott cost Roy, Kassian and unproven cost Hodgson.

Unless we are going to take a chance on Kulemin or Antropov

Old
03-06-2013, 12:32 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
jordan nolan or kyle clifford would be great
We just acquired Mike Brown, those guys aren't targets.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:33 PM
McTedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
We need someone that can actually play in the top 6 that does that.

What's the plus our 2013 1st rounder?

They just aren't cheap. Horton went for a 1st and Weidman, Ott cost Roy, Kassian and unproven cost Hodgson.

Unless we are going to take a chance on Kulemin or Antropov
I don't think the plus is a 1st but maybe I'm thinking of raiding the NYI cookie jar again...it's paid off in the past. I dislike both Antropov and Kulemin so I wouldn't go there. I only know Nino from what I saw during the WJC and he was easily the most impressive player from that squad, how that translates to the NHL is anyones guess...has OK stats in the AHL.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:38 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
I don't think the plus is a 1st but maybe I'm thinking of raiding the NYI cookie jar again...it's paid off in the past. I dislike both Antropov and Kulemin so I wouldn't go there. I only know Nino from what I saw during the WJC and he was easily the most impressive player from that squad, how that translates to the NHL is anyones guess...has OK stats in the AHL.
That's just it lots of people would take Nino, he just isn't proven which is kinda what the talk was.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:39 PM
ponokanocker

If we fall into the 6-10 range in this draft, I wonder if a swap of our 1st for Nino would be similar value? We get a player that has already developed and should be ready for the NHL next season, rather than waiting possibly a few years for our draft pick to develop.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:41 PM
McTedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
If we fall into the 6-10 range in this draft, I wonder if a swap of our 1st for Nino would be similar value? We get a player that has already developed and should be ready for the NHL next season, rather than waiting possibly a few years for our draft pick to develop.
I dunno, some tasty prospects in the upcoming draft. Some big centres and wingers.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Mcnofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
I personally think (yeah, with all my connections, obviously) that Nino could be had for a lower cost than that.

How about a trade from abundance, d-men? David Musil and a second for Nino

Old
03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
BowDangles

Does Nino hit hard or does he just hit? Because Ryan Smyth gets so called "hits" every game but not one of them are anywhere near the impact that Kassian makes with a hit.

So I wonder if Nino throws everything he has into his hits or if he just rubs guys into the boards like Smyth?

Old
03-06-2013, 12:46 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
I personally think (yeah, with all my connections, obviously) that Nino could be had for a lower cost than that.

How about a trade from abundance, d-men? David Musil and a second for Nino
Been saying it for awhile d-man for a forward and then a forward for a d-man. We need at least two trades. We don't just have one hole.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Hockey Nightmare

I don't care how hard he hits. I just want a guy who doesn't get knocked down 10 times a game.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
Does Nino hit hard or does he just hit? Because Ryan Smyth gets so called "hits" every game but not one of them are anywhere near the impact that Kassian makes with a hit.

So I wonder if Nino throws everything he has into his hits or if he just rubs guys into the boards like Smyth?
Yeah Smytty's hits would be described as creepy I'm sure, as they are so soft, other players get uncomfortable.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:53 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Any interest in Ian White? There is speculation on the Red Wings board he could be moved. He's a decent #4, a PMD who put up 30 points the last two years (though paired with Nik). He's 5'11, so he's not big.

He can reasonably play in all situations, and a definite upgrade over Potter/Peckham/Whitney.

03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Psychoil

IMO we don't just need physical players. WE need mean physical players who initiate stuff on the ice and who other teams are literally scared to go into the corner against. WE need guys who will DO ANYTHING to get the puck BACK! WE need guys who leave everything on the ice every night.

Until then, these poor kids are just not gonna learn IMO. They'll get by with their skill, but they won't truely know what it takes to be the best team in the lague until they get some supporting players who are literally willing to die to win

Closed Thread