HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM"

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 12:56 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 5769
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Just a proposal I was thinking up for discussion.

To Vancouver: Hemsky, PRV, Dubynk
To Edmonton : Loungo, Kassian

Hall Gagner Yakupov
Kassian RNH Eberle
Smyth Horcoff Jones
Eager Belanger Brown
Petrell

Smid Petry
Schultz Schultz
Fistric Whitney

Loungo
Danis
not even close to being the value of a Luongo-Kassian package

I am the KING of Alternative Facts as any hockey fan is
Old
03-06-2013, 12:59 PM
NewBoysClub97*
All-Star

vCash: 50
Rangers have claimed Hamrlik

Old
03-06-2013, 01:00 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Any interest in Ian White? There is speculation on the Red Wings board he could be moved. He's a decent #4, a PMD who put up 30 points the last two years (though paired with Nik). He's 5'11, so he's not big.

He can reasonably play in all situations, and a definite upgrade over Potter/Peckham/Whitney.
I'll take anyone that is an upgrade, with that being said I'm not giving up much for him. The guy is also their #2 PP d-man and has 2 points all year. I don't even know if it's worth trading for.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Hiphopopotamus

vCash: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Lou's contract seriously limits the return for Van. If he was a FA then it's a different story. And IMO Kassian is severely over rated, the guy has pretty good hands for a big guy but still.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:02 PM
NewBoysClub97*
All-Star

There are reports that it will be Schneider being traded. I would do that. Get the most return and win a cup within your closing window.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:06 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
There are reports that it will be Schneider being traded. I would do that. Get the most return and win a cup within your closing window.
More and more guys are suggesting that if they want to move a goalie it's Schnieder or buyout Lou.

I'm still not convinced Schneider is that much better than Dubnyk though. Look what has happened to Schnieder with pressure. It was a worry a lot had, can he handle the pressure.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Draiskull

vCash: 700
Quote:
dont know about that..
Hemsky for Luongo has been mentioned by some
Dubnyk makes more than the difference between Paajarvi and Kassian..
The guy had a good first 7 games for VAN but has been a disappointment since. 0G- 3A in last 15 games. Minimal hits and 3rd/4th minutes.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
Van is confused and obviously has no understanding of the mess they make when they toy with their goalies. Schneider is the better, younger and cheaper option for Van, if they trade him then they deserve what they get. Lou's value will only get worse the longer this goes on for and they will continue to question if he is the guy.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Oilfan2
13.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot

Hall Gagner Yakupov
Kassian RNH Eberle
Smyth Horcoff Jones
Eager Belanger Brown
Petrell

Smid Petry
Schultz Schultz
Fistric Whitney

Loungo
Danis

Quote:

I wouldn't even think about doing that. Don't want to touch Lou's contract and don't need another 3rd line tough..at least not at the expense of the offense we'd lose with Hemmer and MPS. I'd trade the two but not for that return..

Old
03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
BowDangles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post
Yeah Smytty's hits would be described as creepy I'm sure, as they are so soft, other players get uncomfortable.
Agreed. The problem with this kind of hitting is the players know what is coming and they are not as scared to take that kind of hit so they get that little bit of time to react different. If Lucic is coming at you with speed you get rid of the puck and try to get out of the way as fast as you can...Huge difference.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfan2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot

Hall Gagner Yakupov
Kassian RNH Eberle
Smyth Horcoff Jones
Eager Belanger Brown
Petrell

Smid Petry
Schultz Schultz
Fistric Whitney

Loungo
Danis

I wouldn't even think about doing that. Don't want to touch Lou's contract and don't need another 3rd line tough..at least not at the expense the offense we'd lose with Hemmer and MPS. I'd trade the two but not for that return..
Makes us better short term but I hate Lou's contract long term.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:16 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
I thought that was going to be Eager when we first acquired him. I think Eager as well as most fans are confused by the message from the bench however. We hear constantly about grit and protecting the kids but really don't achieve either. Last night against CBJ their D and Dorset were constantly hacking and getting extra shots in on Hall, Eberle and RNH...we absolutely had no response to this. I understand no taking extra penalties but we need to have a solution. I personally think frag you are right, we need a pest to agitate and be the aggressor. We need to initiate the play, not be the team continually frustrated and picked on.
Always been the case for the last x years. Time to be proactive, not reactive. If the player is a ****** bag, then so be it.

The Oilers organization have always tried to play the "classy" card when obviously the successful teams either play dirty or cheap. If Hall, Hemsky, Eberle need to dive to get a call, so be it.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
also with PRV playing really well it may set us up for a perfect trade, even better if we can keep PRV and send stone hands harti and a pick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
Agreed, this may be our best shot of getting a young power forward that isn't going break the bank. He is a bit of a project but he has the tools...I'd take a chance. PRV is a lot to give up considering his play lately.
PRV and Harski are two players I wouldn't be willing to part with. Simply because of Mags speed, size, defensive awareness, work ethic and slight upside offensively. Harski brings great puck possession, a big body with an aggressive hard hitting playing style and a bit of offensive upside. Many of the qualities these two have are the ones I see Niño bringing us just with more offence hopefully.

Ideally I would have liked to have thrown Whitney at them and claimed Hamrlik off waivers as a replacement but that's a collapsed pipe dream clearly. I would consider the idea if there was some sort of plausible stop gap player who could replace Whitney for this season.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
PRV and Harski are two players I wouldn't be willing to part with. Simply because of Mags speed, size, defensive awareness, work ethic and slight upside offensively. Harski brings great puck possession, a big body with an aggressive hard hitting playing style and a bit of offensive upside. Many of the qualities these two have are the ones I see Niño bringing us just with more offence hopefully.

Ideally I would have liked to have thrown Whitney at them and claimed Hamrlik off waivers as a replacement but that's a collapsed pipe dream clearly. I would consider the idea if there was some sort of plausible stop gap player who could replace Whitney for this season.
That is always the dilemma when trading a player that is hot for an unknown or struggling player. Nino has publicly asked for a trade and is pissed that he is playing in the AHL, these two things plus the fact that he hasn't had much success in the NHL make him an affordable gamble that may or may not bite you in the ass later. Odds are that Tambo would never pull the trigger on this anyways so...

Old
03-06-2013, 01:25 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

What a joke! How does Tambo pass on Hamrlik with the defence we have. Only to have him picked up by a better team then ours! I don't know what kind of info Potter has on Tambo but it must be pretty good, the guy sucks and needs to be sent to the A.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:27 PM
BowDangles

Hockey Tracker ‏@Hockey_tracker
Edmonton Journal reports the #CBJ #BlueJackets will try to move Derick Brassard and R.J. Umberger for draft picks before this year's draft

What picks would you give up for Brassard or Umberger? Brassard has one more year on his contract after this year.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
What a joke! How does Tambo pass on Hamrlik with the defence we have. Only to have him picked up by a better team then ours! I don't know what kind of info Potter has on Tambo but it must be pretty good, the guy sucks and needs to be sent to the A.
Seemed strange to me as well, there was talk of Hamrlik not having NHL foot speed but I haven't seen his play this year so just what I read in the tabloids

Old
03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post

Really? While I don't mind Harski, he hasn't really shown he fits in this season. Perhaps his short audition a few years ago jaded us?

He doesn't hit often, slow and gases way too easily. He can't keep up with his line mates and he's not the brightest it seems. If he was the piece that we'd have to part to get a player that actually helps now, I'd be all for it.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

Our defense is jam packed as it is...

Old
03-06-2013, 01:32 PM
OilCanada92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
I honestly don't think Howson did that bad with Nash.

he shouldn't have leaked to the press he would be gone, but there were limited options and I think he got a decent return.

It's never equal value.
Besides the drafting I didn't think Howson did that bad of a job. But hey, I'm a Oiler fan.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:32 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
Edmonton Journal reports the #CBJ #BlueJackets will try to move Derick Brassard and R.J. Umberger for draft picks before this year's draft

What picks would you give up for Brassard or Umberger? Brassard has one more year on his contract after this year.
Don't want brassard but I'd give up our 2 seconds for umberger. Or one second and a prospect like Gernat, pittlick, Hamilton, or reider.

He is a lw/c who is big, tough, and has offensive skill. He would be perfect with rnh and Ebs IMO.

I would rather do the trade now than the offseason tho.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Oilfan2
13.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
At this point I'm not sure he's that much of an upgrade over Whitney actually.

Not something I'd use my 50th contract on, that's for sure.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:35 PM
OilCanada92

Let's face it, deep down. We all want Bob Mackenzie to be General Manager of the Oilers.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
Quote:

I would move both 2nd rounders to get both frankly.

They are both forwards with size, they would augment the top-9, imo.

Umberger for EDM 2nd and 3rd

Brassard for ANA 2nd and EDM 5th

Yay nay?

Then you go (for now)

Hall - Nuge - Umberger
Gagner - Brassard - Eberle
Yakupov - Horcoff - Hemsky
Brown - Belanger - Jones
Smyth, Eager

Clearly there are some guys that would need to be moved out.

I wonder if you could move Eager and Belanger to the Habs to get White and a prospect or something.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:44 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:

Not sure, I like Umberger but he's got a big contract. Horcoff and a 2nd for Umberger would be a deal I'd consider.

Closed Thread