HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 02:56 PM
  #201
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey McMoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 26,274
vCash: 50
Hoping for a busy deadline day.. Tambo needs to get off his ass

CHI: Belanger
EDM: 3rd

PHX: Hemsky, Peckham, 1st
EDM: Yandle

NYR: Whitney
EDM: Boyle

SJS: Hartikainen and N. Schultz
EDM: Clowe and Murray

Don't sell but make hockey deals and re-tool. Something along the lines of what I've proposed.

Joey McMoss is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:01 PM
  #202
McDNicks17
Moderator
McDavid Has Arrived
 
McDNicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,232
vCash: 50
I couldn't care less about losing Harski and Nick Schultz, but why trade them for 20ish games of Clowe and Murray?

Not a chance they re-sign.

McDNicks17 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:12 PM
  #203
misfit
5-14-6-1
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...ever
Posts: 16,128
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Say for a minute that Boston was willing to deal Lucic in the right deal.. would you guys give Yak for him?

Lucic-Nuge-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-??
MPS-??-Jones

I'm a huge fan of that core going forward. Lucic is the only guy that changes the face of our forwards overnight, and i'm willing to bet Eberle and Hall score enough in the future to offset the loss.

Thoughts?
Hemsky is only 30. He's got a few good years in him yet, and fits well in the #2RW slot. I'm not sure why you would take him out of your lineup, especially if you're keeping Jones.

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:12 PM
  #204
MPStoEberletoHall*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 5,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Hoping for a busy deadline day.. Tambo needs to get off his ass

CHI: Belanger
EDM: 3rd

PHX: Hemsky, Peckham, 1st
EDM: Yandle

NYR: Whitney
EDM: Boyle

SJS: Hartikainen and N. Schultz
EDM: Clowe and Murray

Don't sell but make hockey deals and re-tool. Something along the lines of what I've proposed.
If the Oilers have a top 5 pick come trade deadline day, that Yotes trade would screw the Oil.

MPStoEberletoHall* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:19 PM
  #205
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
If the Oilers have a top 5 pick come trade deadline day, that Yotes trade would screw the Oil.
We don't need anymore top five "wunderkids" and promise for the future. We already have an embarrassment of so-called riches. We need results now.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:22 PM
  #206
backhandsauce
Registered User
 
backhandsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,697
vCash: 934
Would Chicago move Beach for Belanger + at the deadline? LeBrun on the radio today mentioned the hawks may be looking for a 3rd/4th line center that is defensively responsible.

backhandsauce is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:23 PM
  #207
BowDangles
Registered User
 
BowDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Hoping for a busy deadline day.. Tambo needs to get off his ass

CHI: Belanger
EDM: 3rd

PHX: Hemsky, Peckham, 1st
EDM: Yandle


NYR: Whitney
EDM: Boyle

SJS: Hartikainen and N. Schultz
EDM: Clowe and Murray

Don't sell but make hockey deals and re-tool. Something along the lines of what I've proposed.
Defensemen are rarely traded from a playoff team on trade deadline, if anything they would want to acquire dmen incase of injuries and what not. So the only way Phoenix makes this deal is if it is in the summer or if they are out of contention and we are in contention..

BowDangles is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:23 PM
  #208
NewBoysClub97*
All-Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,847
vCash: 50
I hope we do something big if we have a bottom 5 pick. Trade it away. Do something. This team needs to fill out a lot better than what we have.

NewBoysClub97* is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:24 PM
  #209
Tarus
FireChia#
 
Tarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Would Chicago move Beach for Belanger + at the deadline? LeBrun on the radio today mentioned the hawks may be looking for a 3rd/4th line center that is defensively responsible.
Heard he's turned into a bit of a suspect in the AHL.

But theoretically, he is something the Oilers could use more of. Big, skilled, an absolute loose cannon.

Tarus is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:35 PM
  #210
Rafters
Registered User
 
Rafters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Medicine Hat
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,329
vCash: 500
One team I would look at for players is the Blues.....I wonder what kind of financial commitment the ownership is willing to spend....a lot of big players needing new contracts for next yr...

Pietrangelo
Shattenkirk
Stewart
Berglund
McDonald
D'Agostini

They have lots of cap space, but not sure if they are a budget or cap team

Rafters is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:36 PM
  #211
Bobblehead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 789
vCash: 500
I thought I heard the Oilers were after Jimmy Hayes last season, but I think (if they're out of a playoff spot at deadline), they would take either:Beach, Hayes, Smith for Belanger.

Bobblehead is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
  #212
stoff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
I thought I heard the Oilers were after Jimmy Hayes last season, but I think (if they're out of a playoff spot at deadline), they would take either:Beach, Hayes, Smith for Belanger.
I was thinking beach as well, but any of those three seem probable and I would do a trade for any of them once horcoff is back.

stoff is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:41 PM
  #213
stoff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
One team I would look at for players is the Blues.....I wonder what kind of financial commitment the ownership is willing to spend....a lot of big players needing new contracts for next yr...

Pietrangelo
Shattenkirk
Stewart
Berglund
McDonald
D'Agostini

They have lots of cap space, but not sure if they are a budget or cap team
I would like berglund from them. Would be a good fit on this team. Would have to wait till the offseason tho.

stoff is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:46 PM
  #214
Kobe Armstrong
Registered User
 
Kobe Armstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 50
I know you guys all love Ryan Jones, but what would it cost the Canadiens to pry him away from you, we have plenty of D-men and other D prospects, would love him on our team, thats for sure.

Kobe Armstrong is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:51 PM
  #215
stoff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
I know you guys all love Ryan Jones, but what would it cost the Canadiens to pry him away from you, we have plenty of D-men and other D prospects, would love him on our team, thats for sure.
I would like Ryan White. He would be great as a 4th line Center. Not sure your interest in trading him. I'm not really interested in any of your dmen as we need top 4 not bottom pairing. We already have 8 bottom pairing dmen.

stoff is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 03:56 PM
  #216
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
I know you guys all love Ryan Jones, but what would it cost the Canadiens to pry him away from you, we have plenty of D-men and other D prospects, would love him on our team, thats for sure.
Lars Eller for Jones +? (with a signed extension of course)

The Oilers don't have a ton of what Jones brings, so he's fairly valuable.

Jimmi McJenkins is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:01 PM
  #217
Kobe Armstrong
Registered User
 
Kobe Armstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 50
Obviously would depend on the plus in a Lars Eller trade, he is very popular on our forums. However everyone thinks White might be in the doghouse because he cannot find the middle between a crazy mother****er, and a calm playstyle.

Jones and White would look good together though, great hair, both Ryans, energy guys.

Kobe Armstrong is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:15 PM
  #218
Master Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Hoping for a busy deadline day.. Tambo needs to get off his ass

CHI: Belanger
EDM: 3rd

PHX: Hemsky, Peckham, 1st
EDM: Yandle

NYR: Whitney
EDM: Boyle

SJS: Hartikainen and N. Schultz
EDM: Clowe and Murray

Don't sell but make hockey deals and re-tool. Something along the lines of what I've proposed.
Not a chance these trades go through.

Why would Phoenix trade Yandle? they're gunning for the playoffs.

Why would SJ trade Clowe and Murray - they're gunning for the playoffs. Is N. Schultz better than Murray?

Master Lok is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:16 PM
  #219
captaincaptain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Why does everyone wanna trade Ryan Jones? He's a bottom six player who can score, hit, play with grit, and plays like he gives a crap every night. Plus he seems to like being in Edmonton. Letting go of him would be the next Glencross/Brodziak mistake. Absolutely need to re-sign this guy.

captaincaptain is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:19 PM
  #220
s7ark
Moderator
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
He's perfectly fine in a 4C role
Well he's not very physical, and he certainly can't be counted on for anything more than 4th line C duty. As soon as he's playing 12-15 minutes a night, we all know that is time where we absolutely won't be scoring. I want Belanger gone.

In a perfect world, I'd like to grab Kennedy from the Pens as a 4th line C that can be counted on in a top 9 role should injuries hit.

s7ark is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:21 PM
  #221
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey McMoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 26,274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
If the Oilers have a top 5 pick come trade deadline day, that Yotes trade would screw the Oil.
You're right. We need another top 5 pick, than we'll be a contender.

Joey McMoss is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:23 PM
  #222
Draiskull
Registered User
 
Draiskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,318
vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
Obviously would depend on the plus in a Lars Eller trade, he is very popular on our forums. However everyone thinks White might be in the doghouse because he cannot find the middle between a crazy mother****er, and a calm playstyle.

Jones and White would look good together though, great hair, both Ryans, energy guys.
EDM would take Emelin for Jones... thank you in advance.

Draiskull is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:24 PM
  #223
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey McMoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 26,274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Not a chance these trades go through.

Why would Phoenix trade Yandle? they're gunning for the playoffs.

Why would SJ trade Clowe and Murray - they're gunning for the playoffs. Is N. Schultz better than Murray?
Phoenix would think about this deal in the off-season. Maybe the deadline is too early.

And yes, Schultz is much better than Murray. San Jose fans crap on him all the time.

Joey McMoss is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:31 PM
  #224
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,357
vCash: 500
If I had to make a few predictions:

1) Oilers will deal Ryan Whitney prior to deadline day
2) Oilers will deal Nik Khabibulin on deadline day
3) Oilers will re-sign both Smid and Ryan Jones
4) Oilers will shop Hemsky in the summer but won't find the right deal

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:31 PM
  #225
Draiskull
Registered User
 
Draiskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,318
vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I couldn't care less about losing Harski and Nick Schultz, but why trade them for 20ish games of Clowe and Murray?

Not a chance they re-sign.
conditional picks in case they walk away? 3rd if 1 walks away... 2nd if both?

Draiskull is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.