HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Ruff Didn't Score Enough: Trades 'n' FAs II

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Ruff Didn't Score Enough: Trades 'n' FAs II

I guess the losses mean more posts in the moves thread. Over 1k.

Ott 4 Hanzal pls

Last edited by drinking bleach irl: 02-20-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old
02-14-2013, 02:11 PM
gallagt01

vCash: 500
I suppose I'll bring what I posted in the last thead to here, then:

Ennis and McNabb for O'Reilly and a pick/prospect.

Gerbe and Leopold for Boyle and ______.

You lose some already-lacking secondary scoring but you shore up the center situation and add some defensive chops to the forward group.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post

You lose some already-lacking secondary scoring but you shore up the center situation and add some defensive chops to the forward group.
If the Avs would take Pysyk over McNabb, I'm sold.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
If the Avs would take Pysyk over McNabb, I'm sold.
Doubtful. Sounds like Colorado fans perceive that they have a real physicality problem in that conference, and they often get pushed around--sound familiar? Hishon hit notwithstanding, McNabb makes a lot more sense for them.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:40 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Which is fine, because I think Pysyk brings more things to the defense anyway, namely steady in-zone play.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
If ROR really is available, we should try and get him. They will want Defense, I do not see Ennis being as valuable because they still have Duchense and Stastny.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post

Here's a dream... ROR for Stafford and McNabb.

Seriously doubt that the Avs take it though, considering Drew's rock-bottom value right now.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
If ROR really is available, we should try and get him. They will want Defense, I do not see Ennis being as valuable because they still have Duchense and Stastny.
Having those two would allow them to put Ennis back on LW.

02-14-2013, 03:09 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Which is fine, because I think Pysyk brings more things to the defense anyway, namely steady in-zone play.
Agreed.

Buffalo's defense needs to return the simplest of players it can find, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not willing to give Pysyk up as he projects to be a no-nonsense defenseman that makes the simple play and plays a relatively mistake-free brand of hockey.

Losing McNabb's physicality hurts. But given this year's d-core's tendency to alarmingly run around its own end and McNabb's knack for lining up (and sometimes missing) the big hit, Buffalo would benefit more by hanging on to Pysyk (thinking short- and long-term).

Old
02-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Zip15

I still think the OS is the best route. Per Dater, if Colorado matches, they cannot trade him for one year. Assuming the 2014 trade deadline is on or around March 1--the GMs likely know the date already--the Sabres should OS O'Reilly on or around March 2, which would effectively guarantee that the Avs can't move him until summer 2014 if they match, because the one-year waiting period won't be over until after the trade deadline. The Sabres would essentially be putting Colorado in an untenable situation of matching and enduring the ensuing awkwardness of that forced relationship where neither party is happy.

This is where Regier has to be aggressive. Call their bluff, Darcy. Everyone knows he's done there. And, frankly, if I'm Colorado and Buffalo is still hovering around 13th place, a top-6 pick (and two in the top-36) is pretty enticing.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

For all we know they could've already talked to his agent about that and he just flat out told em don't even bother offering one, since he has no desire coming to Buffalo.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
For all we know they could've already talked to his agent about that and he just flat out told em don't even bother offering one, since he has no desire coming to Buffalo.
Anything's possible, I suppose. But he strikes me as a player who wants to be appreciated, and seems to associate who'll pay him the most as the team who appreciates him the most--I'm not knocking the guy for that, it's a business.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Anything's possible, I suppose. But he strikes me as a player who wants to be appreciated, and seems to associate who'll pay him the most as the team who appreciates him the most--I'm not knocking the guy for that, it's a business.
True, I'd love for them to go all Regehr on his ass and fly to his house and show him pictures of the fireplace.
He'd fit perfectly and I think (hope) Regier knows this as well and works on something to get him here or at least tries to.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Avs fan here, We were discussing Ennis and a few people mentioned he had suffered a concussion before now I'm a big fan of this kid and watch the Sabres quite a lot but I never heard of this concussion issue, so my question is, has he suffered a concussion before and if he has , how bad was it?

Also would you guy be down for Ennis+grigs for ROR and a prospect?

Old
02-14-2013, 04:09 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

During his rookie year, piece-of-human-scum Jay Harrison crosschecked him in the head. It was considered mild then, and he's had no issues since, knock on wood.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Avs fan here, We were discussing Ennis and a few people mentioned he had suffered a concussion before now I'm a big fan of this kid and watch the Sabres quite a lot but I never heard of this concussion issue, so my question is, has he suffered a concussion before and if he has , how bad was it?

Also would you guy be down for Ennis+grigs for ROR and a prospect?
By Grigs I assume you mean Girgs. If so, I'd do it hesitantly.

I'm just worried about whether O'Reilly would want to play here or not if we don't give him the money he wants.

Old
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
During his rookie year, piece-of-human-scum Jay Harrison crosschecked him in the head. It was considered mild then, and he's had no issues since, knock on wood.
Did he miss any games? On tsn it says he played all 82 games in his rookie year unless you're talking about the 2010 year where he played 10 games?

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
you would give up one of Monahan, Lindholm, Barkov, Jones, MacKinnon or Drouin in a package for RoR? This could be our first top 5 pick in 10 years I would not want to move it when the top 6 is looking extremly good. Too me it isn't worth it, I would move the pick for RoR if it were outside of the top 6 or so if I had to.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Did he miss any games? On tsn it says he played all 82 games in his rookie year unless you're talking about the 2010 year where he played 10 games?
The 10 games were his call up games from the AHL, he didn't miss any games due to concussion. I nearly forgot about that before you mentioned it. It's not a problem, at all. Like literally none.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:20 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
2010, happened in Portland.

Stop Winnin is right about it being an absolute non-issue though.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
By Grigs I assume you mean Girgs. If so, I'd do it hesitantly.

I'm just worried about whether O'Reilly would want to play here or not if we don't give him the money he wants.
I meant Grigorenko, I thought it was his nickname.

You shouldn't worry about that really, we have a guy who knows Ryan personally and it's not all about the $$$. The avs hurt O'reilly's feelings and it become personally not business. They were close to signing in the summer but then it came crashing down. I understand why, you would afraid but with Pegula as owner, he'll get a ryan to sign and it won't be for 5 mill per year IMO.

Good to hear about Ennis, I've been watching him a lot and never heard about this concussion. If he didn't miss a game, then it really isn't an issue. Good to know thx.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:25 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
If that's the asking price, Buffalo no doubt declines.

Ennis and Girgensons may work. Most here would prefer Ennis + McNabb/Pysyk/Armia.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Is Grigs untouchable or can the avs add something(realistic) to make Darcy listen? Also Mcnabb is a no go, he isn't allowed in the Pepsi centre.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:32 PM
GodHatesBuffalo

Quote:

You shouldn't worry about that really, we have a guy who knows Ryan personally and it's not all about the $$$. The avs hurt O'reilly's feelings and it become personally not business. They were close to signing in the summer but then it came crashing down. I understand why, you would afraid but with Pegula as owner, he'll get a ryan to sign and it won't be for 5 mill per year IMO.

Good to hear about Ennis, I've been watching him a lot and never heard about this concussion. If he didn't miss a game, then it really isn't an issue. Good to know thx.
As far as I'm concerned Grigorenko is far more valuable than ROR. It's more like: Grigorenko for ROR + avs prospects.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:32 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Is Grigs untouchable or can the avs add something(realistic) to make Darcy listen? Also Mcnabb is a no go, he isn't allowed in the Pepsi centre.
If the Avs wanted Grigorenko there's not much coming back from Buffalo's side IMO. We're talking like Grigorenko + 2nd or a Level B prospect.

Closed Thread