HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers Lose 4-3 ... #2 in the Toilet War

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post

Why some people were talking about playoffs at the start of the season was beyond me, the kids are developing and while we may not be winning--the kids are playing.

Just how the hell do you figure that the kids are developing when each one of them looks far worse than last year? You would have a point if indeed the kids were looking like they were developing, they don't look like they are developing at all. You genuaniley thought this team was this atrococious at the beginning of the year? I think you are totally full of bs.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:47 PM
runeeres
Seasons in the Abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Yup. He said he liked their game tonight.
Sickening. I had really high hopes for Krueger.

Old
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
"Better than the Minnesota game, a lot of good things..." - Coach K.

Krueger needs to be strung up too.
So now he's using the Renney method of coaching. And 'round and 'round we go.

Hugo Stiglitz

vCash: 1439
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Losing cultures only have ONE cure, and that's to completely change EVERYTHING and EVERYONE on the team and bring in players so that the new players outnumber the loser players. Smyth, Eager, Belanger, Hemsky, Horcoff, Whitney. STRIP everyone of any responsibility, especially Horcoff in a spectacular display of ANGER like a God smiting a cretin.

Then you march into the locker room with the owner and some important looking mofos and you make it crystal clear that there will be zero toleration for lazy mailed-in play, loser mentality, pouting, etc. and you lay down the consequences for doing so.

Yeah. That's what I'd do.
Exactly. Someone needs to put these unmotivated ****ers in their place.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:49 PM
oil country 83

As much as I want to blame the players I can't they are just gripping their sticks to hard. This is all on the coaching and management, Krueger can't get the players to either understand or buy in to the game plan. If they draft top 5 again it better not be tambellini making the pick, I am so tired of his smug arrogance during interviews I can't even watch or listen anymore. I used to think the islanders were the most mismanaged team in the but we are making them look like the Montreal Canadiens.

FIRE TAMBELLINI NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
Yup. He said he liked their game tonight.
the part where they let CBJ run the show in the 2nd half of the 1st?
the part where the Oilers failed to get shots at the net in the 2nd?
the part where they were holding on for deaar life to get a point in the 3rd?

the part where he had THREE..count 'em THREE...passers on the PP so CBJ could key in on Eberle?

the part where he refuses to to put Hall OR Yak on the 4-on-3 PP...two guys with BOMBS?

this guy has no clue...flush him and Smith and Bucky (who's like a cockroach, survives every purge) out of this organization

take upper management and their culture of LOSING with him too

Old
Asher

Rob Brown was saying a coach needs to say positive things publicly and then get tough behind closed doors. I assume this is a response to Krueger's comments.

Old
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Losing cultures only have ONE cure, and that's to completely change EVERYTHING and EVERYONE on the team and bring in players so that the new players outnumber the loser players. Smyth, Eager, Belanger, Hemsky, Horcoff, Whitney. STRIP everyone of any responsibility, especially Horcoff in a spectacular display of ANGER like a God smiting a cretin.

Then you march into the locker room with the owner and some important looking mofos and you make it crystal clear that there will be zero toleration for lazy mailed-in play, loser mentality, pouting, etc. and you lay down the consequences for doing so.

Great post.

The only thing I'm a little hesitant is getting rid of Hemsky, but if we get good value for him then we should go for it.

Old
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1599
I just hope the oilers do not do a panic trade,

For me, the one move I would have done was at the draft was to pass on the big Russian centre the Canadian gambled on and took at three. But, it is not in Tambo's blood to gamble on something like that. Because we already had Nuge, Hall and Eberle, we were and still are in a position to draft based upon need over just taking the BPA--

In the next draft we should draft based upon need and not BPA at the time. Either the best D-man available or the best power forward available in the draft.

We can talk about trading all the vets we like, but that still wont answer the problems we have in the Line up.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
That reminds me, I also have a poem on the Oilers

Tambellini, **** you/
Lowe, **** you/
Katz, **** you/
Potter, **** you/
Whitney, **** you/
Belanger, **** you/
LOL, YES!

On a side note almost glad they didn't win this game. Columbus out played them and deserved the win. Hopefully Tambo does something but I'm not holding my breath. We end up bottom 5 again everyone should be let go IMO. Bring in Jim Nill and let him pick his coaches and scouts. TAMBO HAS TO GO!!

Old
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
aqib

There was just no sense of urgency tonight. I don't know what its going to take. New coach? Veteran leadership (I thought thats what Smyth was for)?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Great post.

The only thing I'm a little hesitant is getting rid of Hemsky, but if we get good value for him then we should go for it.
Hemsky has been one of my favorite players for almost 10 years but eventually something's got to give. We need more size and we have to get Yakupov back on the right side. It just makes sense that Hemsky is eventually the guy that gets sacrificed.

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:

At the end of last season the Montreal Canadiens organization was in complete disarray. The coach lost the team, they were soft, passive and their GM failed spectacularly time and time again. Cue the off season and ownership says "enough" and re-builds the hierarchy from top to bottom. They add two UFA's, two rookie forwards and get Markov back... boom first in the East.

It's amazing what a fresh voice at the top can do for an organization.

Old
oilphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil country 83 View Post
As much as I want to blame the players I can't they are just gripping their sticks to hard. This is all on the coaching and management, Krueger can't get the players to either understand or buy in to the game plan. If they draft top 5 again it better not be tambellini making the pick, I am so tired of his smug arrogance during interviews I can't even watch or listen anymore. I used to think the islanders were the most mismanaged team in the but we are making them look like the Montreal Canadiens.

FIRE TAMBELLINI NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only problem is that Tambo is just a puppet for Lowe and MacT. Fire him, and MacT steps in. So you really are not replacing the GM.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Just how the hell do you figure that the kids are developing when each one of them looks far worse than last year? You would have a point if indeed the kids were looking like they were developing, they don't look like they are developing at all. You genuaniley thought this team was this atrococious at the beginning of the year? I think you are totally full of bs.
part of the development is them playing. one step forward two steps back.

With so many kids playing big minutes (something NEARLY EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD WAS SCREAMING FOR LAST YEAR)-- they are hopefully learning what works and what does not.

Some people around here assume everything would be better over night

Next season is the season where I expect to see different team. Hall will be in season 4, Nuge 3 and if there is no jump in stats and in the standings it will be time to suggest a guy like Hall is a bust.

Kids are as accountable as the vets

Old
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Hall is worse?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:54 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Great post.

If I could get away with trading and upgrading Hall and Eberle they'd be up on the block too. Hemsky started strong this year and he's just as dragged down as everyone else.

Those 1st overall kids (AKA A bunch of babies) should have never been put into such big roles. They should have been second fiddle (OR as I like to call it, Yakupov'd) for a long time until they understood that it takes more than "dipsy doodles" to win a hockey game in the NHL.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
The only problem is that Tambo is just a puppet for Lowe and MacT. Fire him, and MacT steps in. So you really are not replacing the GM.
I think MacT would build a much harder working team.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
That reminds me, I also have a poem on the Oilers

Tambellini, **** you/
Lowe, **** you/
Katz, **** you/
Potter, **** you/
Whitney, **** you/
Belanger, **** you/
LOL, too bad can't post the Maclean and Maclean song **** ya

Old
03-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Yakupov is starting to concern me a little bit.

I have no confidence when he has the puck on his stick, particularly in the neutral zone. If he was a 2nd round pick, I think we would be all over him right now.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Hall is worse?
Hall looked like he was playing hurt tonight but in general he's been just as good as last season. He's been snake bitten but he's driving the offense on that line.

Old
Pablo Aimar

Quote:
At the end of last season the Montreal Canadiens organization was in complete disarray. The coach lost the team, they were soft, passive and their GM failed spectacularly time and time again. Cue the off season and ownership says "enough" and re-builds the hierarchy from top to bottom. They add two UFA's, two rookie forwards and get Markov back... boom first in the East.

It's amazing what a fresh voice at the top can do for an organization.
Yeah but the Habs are too dumb to know that the only way to success is suck for 10 years and compile lottery picks. Its foolproof. Just ask the Thrashers and the Islanders.

Old
elpol
Re-Registered User

#FireTambo #FireLowe #FireBuchberger #FireSmith #FireMacT #FireOlczyk

Lets clear the table. I'm not sold that Kreuger is part of the problem. The players and the ones who manage the team must be held accountable.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Haven't watched the last 2 Oilers games. I think it's the first time I've done that before...

Old
03-05-2013, 09:59 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

They aren't putting in the effort and work to make the games entertaining for us to watch.

As a FAN... I find that inexcusable... losing is one thing if they work hard and put in decent effort every game. They aren't doing that though and that's disappointing.

They either are simply not a good team with much less talent than we think they have or they aren't working their ***** off enough to put their limited talent to maximum use.

In my view it's equal measures of each. They may improve in terms of their skills and team chemistry but the work ethic CAN be better. When teams like Columbus clearly outwork you in multiple games... that's a problem beyond just lack of talent... and time won't fix players who are lazy and don't work hard enough.

Closed Thread