HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Lose 4-3 ... #2 in the Toilet War

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Hall is worse?
Taylor Hall is on a prorated pace to score 15 goals this year if it was an 82 game schedule.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter

vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Losing cultures only have ONE cure, and that's to completely change EVERYTHING and EVERYONE on the team and bring in players so that the new players outnumber the loser players. Smyth, Eager, Belanger, Hemsky, Horcoff, Whitney. STRIP everyone of any responsibility, especially Horcoff in a spectacular display of ANGER like a God smiting a cretin.

Then you march into the locker room with the owner and some important looking mofos and you make it crystal clear that there will be zero toleration for lazy mailed-in play, loser mentality, pouting, etc. and you lay down the consequences for doing so.

Yeah. That's what I'd do.
katz isn't marching anywhere. as long as all the idiots in this town keep buying jerseys, tickets and concessions, why would he change anything? one of the worst teams in the history of the league and he's making millions.
he's the one that can fire lowe and tambo and he doesn't seem to care.

there are very few positives with this team. I don't know how people can still trot out the whole young players, still learning thing. the are not learning and developing. they are playing a heck of a lot worse than last year, and they are playing
WAY worse than earlier this season.

still too many of you that are ok with this crap and are just drooling over yet another top 3 pick. maybe the fans do deserve the team they have.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Yakupov is starting to concern me a little bit.

I have no confidence when he has the puck on his stick, particularly in the neutral zone. If he was a 2nd round pick, I think we would be all over him right now.
I think back to Stamkos' rookie season. He's very young and is going to make mistakes. At the same time I don't think he's really been put in a position to succeed. He doesn't look comfortable on the left side when he's with Gagner and Hemsky...and when he is on the right side he's with Belanger and Smyth. He doesn't get out there for 5 on 3's or powerplays in OT. He's never a top 3 shooter in the shootout. The way Yakupov is being used, he has very little chance of succeeding.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:01 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
A visual representation of management's strategy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
"Better than the Minnesota game, a lot of good things..." - Coach K.

Krueger needs to be strung up too.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Taylor Hall is on a prorated pace to score 15 goals this year if it was an 82 game schedule.
...and 82 points. He also hasn't been caught with his head down once this season.

Also, how many times has Hall been set up for a gimme by Eberle or RNH and missed? Almost never. The other two(especially RNH) have robbed Hall of assists because they can't hit the net.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:04 PM
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Yup. He said he liked their game tonight.
I'm sure Tambo thinks the same, if not, probably liked our game even more than Krueger did...

Old
03-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Jeff Petry has more goals than Nugent-Hopkins lol

Old
03-05-2013, 10:06 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I just hope the oilers do not do a panic trade,

For me, the one move I would have done was at the draft was to pass on the big Russian centre the Canadian gambled on and took at three. But, it is not in Tambo's blood to gamble on something like that. Because we already had Nuge, Hall and Eberle, we were and still are in a position to draft based upon need over just taking the BPA--

In the next draft we should draft based upon need and not BPA at the time. Either the best D-man available or the best power forward available in the draft.

We can talk about trading all the vets we like, but that still wont answer the problems we have in the Line up.
Thank God your not the GM, no one in their right mind would have wasted the 1st on Galchenyuk. He played like 7 games all season, theres no way you pick him. Nice way to use hindsight to your advantage. Yakupov will be fine, it's not his fault that he got drafted to the most incompetent organization in the league.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
...and 82 points. He also hasn't been caught with his head down once this season.

Also, how many times has Hall been set up for a gimme by Eberle or RNH and missed? Almost never. The other two(especially RNH) have robbed Hall of assists because they can't hit the net.
I'm not sayin he has been garbage at all, but 15 goals is not what you are looking for from him. He has missed a gazillion chances this year. If Hall is supposed to be a 15 goal playmaker then it's news to me.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:07 PM
oiLowe

vCash: 50
Quote:

Or in Nuges' case refuses to shoot the puck. Hall is great IMO it's everybody else I'm worried about...

Old
03-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
I'm not sayin he has been garbage at all, but 15 goals is not what you are looking for from him. He has missed a gazillion chances this year. If Hall is supposed to be a 15 goal playmaker then it's news to me.
I think Hall's goal scoring is struggling because he isn't receiving ANY good passes.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:08 PM
oil country 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
The only problem is that Tambo is just a puppet for Lowe and MacT. Fire him, and MacT steps in. So you really are not replacing the GM.
Puppet or not he does not have the ***** to be a GM , I would rather have an average GM who at least tried to make our team better. Oh yeah if Lowe does not like it he can go too how do you preach accountability to the players when there's none with management!

Old
03-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Thrill22
Feelin' it

Huh... starting to lose faith in TambelLoweni's vision of success here... this is not even approaching a good, competitive team

Old
03-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
I'm sure Tambo thinks the same, if not, probably liked our game even more than Krueger did...
Well, in his arrogant interview with Jason Gregor yesterday he insisted that "I'm confident in our collective grit, we just didn't show it in the last game (Minnesota)."

Wut.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
I think Hall's goal scoring is struggling because he isn't receiving ANY good passes.
Utter nonsense. Hey I get it people like Hall more than any other player but he's had a ton of great chances and breakaways and has failed to deliver. In any case he's not the overall problem with this team.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
He's also on pace for a PPG...

Old
03-05-2013, 10:12 PM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█¯█¯██¯█★█¯██¯█¯█╲

vCash: 227
We have too many ugly people in this organization.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
I think back to Stamkos' rookie season. He's very young and is going to make mistakes. At the same time I don't think he's really been put in a position to succeed. He doesn't look comfortable on the left side when he's with Gagner and Hemsky...and when he is on the right side he's with Belanger and Smyth. He doesn't get out there for 5 on 3's or powerplays in OT. He's never a top 3 shooter in the shootout. The way Yakupov is being used, he has very little chance of succeeding.
No doubt he can and will get better, but he looks way behind where Hall/Eberle were in their rookie years.

Not sure I totally buy the line-mate excuse. That might excuse his lack of production (his numbers actually look decent) but it doesn't excuse his underwhelming performance. I don't know if he is just trying to be conservative to fit in but I was expecting an explosive talent that gets the puck and just takes off.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Threw a post up on the teams FB and got a couple of likes for it. Surprised they haven't nuked it yet.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:17 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Paajarvi played 3 minutes in the 2nd period. Congratulations Ralph Krueger on being a clueless moron.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Hammer8

Quote:
Well, in his arrogant interview with Jason Gregor yesterday he insisted that "I'm confident in our collective grit, we just didn't show it in the last game (Minnesota)."

Wut.
Shows he has zero concept of grit. I suppose Belanger is gritty.

Lowe is the cancer that infects this team. He has the job because of the number of rings on his finger and thinks he owns this town. MacT is the same way. Tambellini simply hasn't put his stamp on the team. Well I guess he has, 30-30-29, heading to 20/30 again. Kreuger might have a good pre-game speech but his team isn't responding. Ditch them all. A total housecleaning, new manager new coach all from outside the organization with winning records at the NHL level. Turn this thing around.

But it ain't gonna happen. Thank God I spend time in Phoenix, walk up to buy golds for $59 and cheer for a team that puts in a good nights 60.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:19 PM
AK Dandyman

After tonight's loss, all i could think of in my mind has been... Seth Jones or Drouin?

Old
03-05-2013, 10:20 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Paajarvi played 3 minutes in the 2nd period. Congratulations Ralph Krueger on being a clueless moron.
Inexcusable. MPS was one of the few guys showing some jump out there.

Old
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post
We have too many ugly people in this organization.

Who knows the question to this answer ?

Old
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Jeff Petry has more goals than Nugent-Hopkins lol
So does Magnus. LOL he's tied with Hall@ 4 goals with less than 12 minutes per game. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Closed Thread