HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks streak continues as they def Wild 5-3

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 08:08 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
That first period was the most fun I've had at a game in a long time. Just complete domination! The way they were moving the puck through the neutral zone on the rush was a site to behold.

I gotta bring up 1 negative, aside from the soft 3rd period. What is Shaw doing on the 1st wild goal?? You've been on at least 40 seconds at that point, trapped in your own end. When you finally get possession, chip it and get off! Nope...he makes a dumb move at his own blue line, boom a turnover and an easy goal. Little things like that drive me insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Next up, Scotty Bowmans 77/78 Canadians with a 28 game win streak 23W 5T.
More importantly from that team: .825. Hawks could end up with the greatest regular season point% ever!

Old
03-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
I've been pimping Saad on here for a long time. The only thing I was not sure of is what line to start him on. I flip-flopped with third line and top-six lineups based on acquisitions, but the guy has proved he belongs in the top-six of most NHL teams. What a freaking monster he has become.

Oh, he's 20.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
That first period was the most fun I've had at a game in a long time. Just complete domination! The way they were moving the puck through the neutral zone on the rush was a site to behold.

I gotta bring up 1 negative, aside from the soft 3rd period. What is Shaw doing on the 1st wild goal?? You've been on at least 40 seconds at that point, trapped in your own end. When you finally get possession, chip it and get off! Nope...he makes a dumb move at his own blue line, boom a turnover and an easy goal. Little things like that drive me insane.

More importantly from that team: .825. Hawks could end up with the greatest regular season point% ever!
Ermahgerd, shortened season!!!!11!1!!one!!!1!

Put an * by it.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Saad is so strong with the puck. At one point I thought it was Hossa with the puck. Mind you...I had drank 4 beers and had a muscle relaxer. But still...I was impressed.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:14 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Ermahgerd, shortened season!!!!11!1!!one!!!1!

Put an * by it.

In all fairness, that would be a pretty valid asterisk.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:26 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Eh, part of me thinks it might be harder this year. Far less margin for error.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Pretty sure we beat that last night, it was our 29th game in a row with at least a point.

Next up, the all time record. 35 games with a point.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:40 AM
BobbyJet

I know this streak is amazing and there is plenty right with this team, and I can understand all the gloating, still Hawks let this game get too close for my liking. I havenít seen the 3rd period yet, I have it on PVR, but Iím pretty sure of what I will see. Q wasnít overly thrilled either and we have seen too many times that 20 minutes of great hockey usually doesnít get you a win in this league. Our possession game and pursuit of the puck has been very good, however, we continue to let ops get into the blue paint with little resistance other than attempted poke checks. Q mentioned that Crawford had a few too many tipped shots come his way in the 3rd period, flashes of what we saw last season when our goalies were left to try and stop pucks that pinball in front of them.. These flaws get accentuated at crunch time Ė hockey in the trenches is what we will see from literally every team come playoff time.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
100% agreed. Winning percentage over 82 games is much different than a winning percentage over 48 games. I don't think there's really even any arguing that, to be honest.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
I know this streak is amazing and there is plenty right with this team, and I can understand all the gloating, still Hawks let this game get too close for my liking. I havenít seen the 3rd period yet, I have it on PVR, but Iím pretty sure of what I will see. Q wasnít overly thrilled either and we have seen too many times that 20 minutes of great hockey usually doesnít get you a win in this league. Our possession game and pursuit of the puck has been very good, however, we continue to let ops get into the blue paint with little resistance other than attempted poke checks. Q mentioned that Crawford had a few too many tipped shots come his way in the 3rd period, flashes of what we saw last season when our goalies were left to try and stop pucks that pinball in front of them.. These flaws get accentuated at crunch time Ė hockey in the trenches is what we will see from literally every team come playoff time.
It would be unreasonable to expect this team to dominate 3 full periods every game. Come on now. No team in the history of the NHL could do that.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It would be unreasonable to expect this team to dominate 3 full periods every game. Come on now. No team in the history of the NHL could do that.
Dominate, no. But to just play a full 60 minutes isn't that much of a stretch. I know it's a shortened season so conventional wisdom goes out the window a bit but you definitely don't like seeing leads blown and let-downs.

For the record, I'm not complaining. I see the big picture (not saying Bobby doesn't) but playing a full 60 minutes is something that's not all that unrealistic to demand of one's team.

I don't have any worries about this team come crunch time. At all.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Dominate, no. But to just play a full 60 minutes isn't that much of a stretch. I know it's a shortened season so conventional wisdom goes out the window a bit but you definitely don't like seeing leads blown and let-downs.

For the record, I'm not complaining. I see the big picture (not saying Bobby doesn't) but playing a full 60 minutes is something that's not all that unrealistic to demand of one's team.

I don't have any worries about this team come crunch time. At all.
Yes it's not only a stretch, it's a stretch that no team has ever pulled off across a full season. At least I've never seen it happen.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:35 AM
sketch22

vCash: 2893
I don't know why people are complaining about the third period. I understand that the Hawks took their foot off the gas with a big lead and let the Wild get back into the game a bit. What I don't understand is why people are so upset by that. With the schedule this year the Hawks need to pick their spots to go all out. Running on max effort for 60 mins every game would tire the team out.

Who cares about the stats? Who cares if the Hawks take their foot off the gas and the other teams scores a couple of garbage time goals?

Old
03-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Yes it's not only a stretch, it's a stretch that no team has ever pulled off across a full season. At least I've never seen it happen.
You've never seen a team play a full 60 minute game before?

Old
03-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
You've never seen a team play a full 60 minute game before?
Every game throughout a season? No.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Sarava

A letdown in the 3rd period was predictable last night on many levels. When a team dominates like the Hawks did in the first period, they usually pay for it at some point in the game later on. Then add in the crazy amount of games the Hawks have had the last week and a half (even crazy for this condensed season), and it would have been nearly impossible for them to maintain that for 60 minutes. Some of you are just ridiculous with your expectations.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Every game throughout a season? No.
Well, no, of course not. Never once did I state that was an expectation of mine. I also made it clear that in a season like this conventional thinking and habits kind of go out the window, and that I'm not worried about this team come crunch time, i.e. playoff time.

In addition, for every let down there has been this year this team also has a penchant for coming back in a game. They're never out of one.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Sarava

Yeah this team is amazing. We all agree on that. Just gotta hold it together couple more months

Old
03-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
we are at 29 games already...

but if we get that Habs record without looking at last year, we would tie the all time record the same time

Closed Thread