HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bruins Scouting Ryane Clowe (Clowe Available?)

Old
03-13-2013, 03:26 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
The price I've heard DW is asking for Clowe is a 1st and a prospect.
Asking and getting are two different things.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Juxtaposer
Outro:Divina Comedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJohnson22 View Post
Show me a Sharks fan who ever would want Pavelski traded... He's the biggest fan favorite aside from maybe Couture.
I'm one. I love Pavs but he's slower than Clowe and he just doesn't fit here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Caron for Demers, make it happen PC.
Not even remotely close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB24 View Post
If that is what DW is asking, then there is little wonder why SJ never wins, Clowe, 0 goals six assist, slow, falls down more than Hartnell.
Yeah, him asking not to get fleeced in a trade for a home-grown Shark is totally the reason why SJ never wins.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Would something around the following work?

Weber and a 2nd for Clowe?

Kristo and a 2nd for Clowe?

Moen and a 3rd for Clowe?

Leblanc and Weber/Kristo for Clowe?

Some combination of 2nd and/or later picks with one or more of Moen, Kristo, Weber, Leblanc, or similar type of player/prospect?

I am a Habs fan and would love to get Clowe, even with the difficulty he has had this season. I am willing to listen to Sharks' fans (I have to be fair in any trade discussions, my eldest boy loves the Sharks...damn it all...lol) to hear about their needs/desires and work with them around something reasonable and fair.
LeBlanc and Kristo both interest me. Neither sure things, but both are on par with Nieto's potential, ie. reasonable chance of playing 3rd line for us few years down the road (I think). I would be OK with either and a second (both and a second would obviously be OK too). Although I would do it, think DW would hold out for at least your 2014 1st and one/both of them. (He is pretty talented negotiator)

Moen and Webber not interested.

Personally, I'd give you Murray with that, too. We would get better by having him off our rotation, as Koala plays him over Demers (which none of us can replicate his thinking).

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
BBB24

[Yeah, him asking not to get fleeced in a trade for a home-grown Shark is totally the reason why SJ never wins. [/QUOTE]

Oh, I forgot he is home grown, really what difference does that make. He will not get a first and a prospect, maybe one or the other or maybe a second and a lower prospect. The guy has ZERO goals, dont bring up the "snake bit/bad luck" excuse. He has been terrible all year, and before you ask, yes I have seen just about every Sharks game this year, he has done absolutely NOTHING.

BBB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Crazy Joe Divola

Did you catch the two years prior to the 25 games of this no training camp season? He's had a bad 25 game season, that doesn't mean you forget about what he has shown himself to be capable of and trade him for scraps. If anything I'd prefer they sign him to a 1 year deal or similar so he can prove himself with a full offseason/regular season.

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Just Win The Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB24 View Post
Oh, I forgot he is home grown, really what difference does that make. He will not get a first and a prospect, maybe one or the other or maybe a second and a lower prospect. The guy has ZERO goals, dont bring up the "snake bit/bad luck" excuse. He has been terrible all year, and before you ask, yes I have seen just about every Sharks game this year, he has done absolutely NOTHING.
You mad bro? Clowe has been playing hurt most of the year and has started to play better as of late. He has been a key part if in a couple of the Sharks recent goals. I bag on Clowe a lot but he is still a top 6 talent with a rare skill set that some GMa overrate. If Paul Gaustad can get a 1st, Clowe can get a 1st and a decent prospect easily.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
LeBlanc and Kristo both interest me. Neither sure things, but both are on par with Nieto's potential, ie. reasonable chance of playing 3rd line for us few years down the road (I think). I would be OK with either and a second (both and a second would obviously be OK too). Although I would do it, think DW would hold out for at least your 2014 1st and one/both of them. (He is pretty talented negotiator)

Moen and Webber not interested.

Personally, I'd give you Murray with that, too. We would get better by having him off our rotation, as Koala plays him over Demers (which none of us can replicate his thinking).
Thanks for the input. Kristo and Leblanc, or Kristo and a 2nd is about as good as it could get. Montreal is probably not going to give up a 1st for almost anyone. Kristo is a top prospect, but Montreal needs to get bigger and Kristo is small. He is speedy and has the ability to score, but is too small to join our top 6. For Kristo to be effective, he needs to be in a top 6 and have at least one or two big guys around him (sort of how DD was surrounded by Cole and Pacioretty last season) to help him out.

I know that Clowe has struggled this season, and I understand why your GM is trying to hold out for a 1st and a prospect, but I think Kristo/Leblanc and a 2nd should be able to get it done...unless another team is willing to give up that 1st. He is smart to hold out and wait, though, because it is possible that a team gets more desperate towards the trade deadline and decides to offer that 1st + prospect. I mean, Gaustad got a 1st last year, so it IS possible. I just do not think I would want to see Montreal do it. Although I do like Clowe a lot.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Nolan11

For those interested, Hockeysfuture ranks Kristo at a 7.5 C, he is 5-11 and 188 lbs.

Talent Analysis
At times, Kristo lacks the consistency and the work ethic needed to play at the NHL level but definitely not the skills. He has quick acceleration, a powerful stride and uses his explosive speed to help make space for him offensively. The talented winger is equally fast with or without the puck and has developed the ability to shoot the puck while in full stride toward the net with a quick, accurate release.

Future
Kristo has another year of eligibility in the NCAA and will be returning to the UND Fighting Sioux for his senior year to hopefully complete the unfinished business of winning a National Championship.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Just Win The Game

Quote:
For those interested, Hockeysfuture ranks Kristo at a 7.5 C, he is 5-11 and 188 lbs.

Talent Analysis
At times, Kristo lacks the consistency and the work ethic needed to play at the NHL level but definitely not the skills. He has quick acceleration, a powerful stride and uses his explosive speed to help make space for him offensively. The talented winger is equally fast with or without the puck and has developed the ability to shoot the puck while in full stride toward the net with a quick, accurate release.

Future
Kristo has another year of eligibility in the NCAA and will be returning to the UND Fighting Sioux for his senior year to hopefully complete the unfinished business of winning a National Championship.
Sounds the type of player we need.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:02 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Prospects (spooner, knight, koko) 1st rounder, 2nd, 3rd, kelly, peverley, ference, boychuck

Those are parts i think bruins are trading away
lol

zero chance they give those cost controlled under a mil prospects away, the first doubtful, maybe a second; as much as I'm a Clowe guy if he was a car I'd bring it in to find out why I'm getting **** poor mileage and no power

zero on the defenseman also

maybe a second or a Sauve/Bartkowski but you obviously arent Don Sweeney or Jim Benning I take it posting under that name

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
You mad bro? Clowe has been playing hurt most of the year and has started to play better as of late. He has been a key part if in a couple of the Sharks recent goals. I bag on Clowe a lot but he is still a top 6 talent with a rare skill set that some GMa overrate. If Paul Gaustad can get a 1st, Clowe can get a 1st and a decent prospect easily.
Every fan who is ttying to sell there players ALWAYS brings up the 'Gaustad trade' ...as if it's the benchmark! Rarely if EVER does a player of Gaustads' ability net a 1st round pick in a trade. That was Nashville desperate to get a tall centerman to win faceoffs.

Clowe could perhaps get a 1st, or a decent prospect, but not both. I see Iginla going for a 1st and good prospect,, and Iginla's value is much higher than a struggling Clowe's. It's only 25 games, but fact is Clowe is having a terrible season.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:04 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
hope you are right since I like the Sharks just not Boston's top 4 guys and their first

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Sounds the type of player we need.
Thanks. Yes, Kristo is the type of player we need to target in a prospect coming back from Clowe. No clue if he will actually make the majors, but a shooter with speed can possibly be taught the work ethic, especially after a year or two of maturity. Natural talents often don't have to work hard, until they get to a level where everyone is at their level. Then they learn to work or the don't. I'd take a flyer on Kristo if we could. Seems worth some risk.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Thanks. Yes, Kristo is the type of player we need to target in a prospect coming back from Clowe. No clue if he will actually make the majors, but a shooter with speed can possibly be taught the work ethic, especially after a year or two of maturity. Natural talents often don't have to work hard, until they get to a level where everyone is at their level. Then they learn to work or the don't. I'd take a flyer on Kristo if we could. Seems worth some risk.
Then Kristo and a 2nd for Clowe is good?

Done.

I will call Bergevin and get it finalized...

Old
03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Just Win The Game

Quote:
Then Kristo and a 2nd for Clowe is good?

Done.

I will call Bergevin and get it finalized...
I still want a 1st. Maybe if we add a pick/player would you do it?

Old
03-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
I still want a 1st. Maybe if we add a pick/player would you do it?
Hmmm...maybe a bigger deal, then?

Kristo, 1st, Weber and Leblanc

for

Clowe and Demers?

Kristo, 1st, Weber

for

Clowe, 2nd, Murray?

(All picks discussed are for 2013)

Old
03-13-2013, 09:28 PM
AimsforGenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, I'm 100% sure he'd re-sign in Boston. Fits them to a T.
If he signs with Edm, Newfoundland is just a 6 hour drive north...

AimsforGenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Hmmm...maybe a bigger deal, then?

Kristo, 1st, Weber and Leblanc

for

Clowe and Demers?

Kristo, 1st, Weber

for

Clowe, 2nd, Murray?

(All picks discussed are for 2013)

How about?

Kristo, 1st, LeBlanc
for
Clowe, 2nd (2014), Murray (for current run), Petrecki (Possible future 6th D, Big strong D prospect that had his first NHL game this year)

Last edited by spiny norman: 03-13-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: [/B][/QUOTE]
Old
03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
BBB24

Quote:
Nope not mad just annoyed. Gaustad is terrific on draws, and when he was traded for a first he had more than zero goals and six assists. He has lost a couple of steps, if they get a first there will likely not be a prospect coming along with it. I like Clowe but wouldn't risk much for a player you hope may regain his scoring touch.

BBB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Hugo Sham

For SJ fans, Kristo right now is probably most NHL ready forward prospect for habs. He's a RW with blazing speed and i believe in the conversation for the Hobey Baker. he's already won a gold for US at WJC. not sure Bergevin is that quick to trade him. Outside of Collberg he might be habs best offensive prospect. The rumor was Bergevin would offer 2, 2nds for Clowe. Leblanc seems to be available, and I think Krsito has more upside than Leblanc

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 04:29 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Probably Clowe for Kristo and a second gets it done. Kristo and a first seems like an overpayment but that's predicated on the allure of a 'first round pick! yay!!' The Bruins first round pick is a late first rounder. The great equalizer is this draft looks deep, but only in the top 15. The B's pick will be late first round so it wouldn't suprise me in the least to see that second turn into a first real quick.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
How about?

Kristo, 1st, LeBlanc
for
Clowe, 2nd (2014), Murray (for current run), Petrecki (Possible future 6th D, Big strong D prospect that had his first NHL game this year)
Make it a 2013 2nd and I will see if I can get Bergy to run with it...

Thanks for the fun back-and-forth. This has been the one of the friendliest threads I have been a part of!

Good luck, Sharks, and I hope we make a deal that gets you what you need and gets us Clowe!

Old
03-14-2013, 07:42 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
If the market lends itself to that. He could get a 1st and a decent prospect if a team desperately feels like Clowe will put them over the top. If no team feels that way about Clowe, he'll get less. It's all about the demand. We all shall see.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Make it a 2013 2nd and I will see if I can get Bergy to run with it...

Thanks for the fun back-and-forth. This has been the one of the friendliest threads I have been a part of!

Good luck, Sharks, and I hope we make a deal that gets you what you need and gets us Clowe!
lol there's no way Bergevin is going to give up both leblanc and kristo in a deal. not going to happen, especially for an impending UFA (s). it completely guts habs forward prospect depth. and yes i know we have hudon, vail, etc...

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Lol the Gaustad trade is hysterical, its not even close to a benchmark.

I'd give a 1st, but trading Spooner/Koko with a 1st IMO is pure lunacy.

Also, Chris Kelly is now injured for awhile so Spooner definitely wont be traded.

Tim Vezina Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote