HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Dale Hunter leaving London after this season?

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2005, 12:16 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

vCash: 500
Dale Hunter leaving London after this season?

I heard some time back that he plans on selling the Knights after this season. Could he be looking to buy into a NHL team much like mario and wayne did? I personally would welcome Dale as a partial owner of the Leafs, with a plan to take the Leafs to the cup. I'm tired of these non hockey guys having full reign over the goings on of the Leafs. Not that the people they have hired are bad people, just it would be good to know from the top down everyone is on the same page. And I can't argue with the job he has done in London. If dale is looking for another challenge, the he's welcome to take a crack at the Leafs.

Old
03-30-2005, 01:34 AM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
I heard some time back that he plans on selling the Knights after this season. Could he be looking to buy into a NHL team much like mario and wayne did? I personally would welcome Dale as a partial owner of the Leafs, with a plan to take the Leafs to the cup. I'm tired of these non hockey guys having full reign over the goings on of the Leafs. Not that the people they have hired are bad people, just it would be good to know from the top down everyone is on the same page. And I can't argue with the job he has done in London. If dale is looking for another challenge, the he's welcome to take a crack at the Leafs.

Actually you have to give Larry Tannenbaum a chance. He just took over the reigns and it is way to early to judge.

But I'll tell you one thing, I believe in this management. This management is not like the previous past. I think this management is more concentrated on the 'fan' as opposed to what we have seen before.

I know I already said that they just took over the reigns, but I'm a believer already in the direction that they're taking. I'm looking forward to Larry's tenure and support it wholeheartedly.

Old
03-30-2005, 01:37 AM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
And another thing. I don't think Hunter has even a miniscule chance of becoming a part owner of the Leafs. That's like asking the Teachers Union to give up their share which will never happen.

Only reason why Gretz and Mario own those teams is because nobody else wants to own them or that they are having a hard time finding somebody to buy into them.

The Leafs are different. They got people lined up who want to have some kind of stake in the Leafs.

Old
03-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue
And another thing. I don't think Hunter has even a miniscule chance of becoming a part owner of the Leafs. That's like asking the Teachers Union to give up their share which will never happen.
While I don't think Hunter will ever have any part of ownership of the Leafs, you're a little off on your sentiments about the teacher's union. They didn't really want to own so much of the pie in the first place, but really were left with no choice once Stavro sold his shares.

Old
03-30-2005, 09:04 AM
BuppY

I dislike Richard Peddie

Old
03-30-2005, 05:50 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
I dislike Richard Peddie
Ditto, he's almost as slimy as Bettman.

Old
03-30-2005, 06:39 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
While I don't think Hunter will ever have any part of ownership of the Leafs, you're a little off on your sentiments about the teacher's union. They didn't really want to own so much of the pie in the first place, but really were left with no choice once Stavro sold his shares.

What are you talking about? The Toronto Teachers Pension Fund actually increased their shares to 58% when Stavro left. If they didn't want so much of the pie, they definitely wouldn't be looking to increasing their shares in the MLSE.

Old
03-31-2005, 09:52 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue
What are you talking about? The Toronto Teachers Pension Fund actually increased their shares to 58% when Stavro left. If they didn't want so much of the pie, they definitely wouldn't be looking to increasing their shares in the MLSE.
They became majority share holders for control purposes. It was reported prior to the sale that the Pension Fund was looking to decrease their stakes in the franchise.

James Leech, the head of Ontario's Teachers' Merchant Bank spent nearly a year and a half brokering the deal, the TTPF was uncomfortable with the fact that a 15% shareholder held 51% of the power in an enterprise worth over $1 billion.

Closed Thread