HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Iginla will stay in the West (Possibly traded to Anaheim or San Jose)

Old
03-05-2013, 03:47 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

vCash: 500
Iginla will stay in the West (Possibly traded to Anaheim or San Jose)

Iginla is a family man, and has lived in Western Canada his entire life.

I don't think we will see him go to a team East of Calgary.

I think San Jose and Anaheim are the two teams with the best chance at snagging Iggy at the deadline. My reasoning is, Iginla wants to play another 3 three seasons, and his family would have the easiest time dealing with their dad playing in California. Everyone travels there, and it's a great place to live. Plus both San Jose and Anaheim both have winning teams, where he would have a spot on the first line.

In Anaheim especially, he'll be living in a place where he won't get a second look walking around a mall with his kids. There's a price to be paid for privacy like that. That's not to say no in So-Cal would recognize Iggy ... or that Iggy doesn't like talking to fans....

But I'm sure he has a hard time going anywhere in Calgary without heads turnings.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

I think either San Jose or Anaheim should be more willing to give up a first and a mid range prospect, for Iginla. Both clubs would be great places for Iginla to sign for the remaining years of his career, and I see no reason why he should be viewed as a retirement rental. I personally see Iginla playing to 38, minimum.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:48 AM
Honour Over Glory

He has a NMC. He'll go to a list of teams he gives Feaster.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:51 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

I could see Iginla going East for at least one reason...

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:04 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
I think Iginla would rather go to Winnipeg than California if he's concerned about staying close to home.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:05 AM
Todds Chiropractory

Sedin-Sedin-Iginla

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:18 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilottalk View Post

Anyways, that's my two cents.

I think either San Jose or Anaheim should be more willing to give up a first and a mid range prospect, for Iginla. Both clubs would be great places for Iginla to sign for the remaining years of his career, and I see no reason why he should be viewed as a retirement rental. I personally see Iginla playing to 38, minimum.
Now please explain why Calgary would give up it's captain and best player for a late first and a mid range prospect?

Get this straight,If a team wants Iginla it's because they feel he would be the piece to push them over the top for a cup.the kicker is they will have to pay a handsome price to get him.

A late first and a so-so prospect is embarrassing...

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 03-05-2013 at 04:20 AM. Reason: flaming
Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:20 AM
tml145

Igilna in Pittsburgh would be amazing

tml145 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Krishna

San Jose needs to stay away

Their pool is already depleted

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:22 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
I think Iginla would rather go to Winnipeg than California if he's concerned about staying close to home.
If I'm Iginla I mark on the calendar when my team plays in Winnipeg and take a flu day to stay home.

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:22 AM
Siludin

Iginla for Sutter, Bennett, 1st

Siludin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:23 AM
Joey Moss

This is pretty weak speculation IMO. Iginla will go to the place he has the best shot at a cup if he is willing to waive. Pittsburgh is the most realistic but I can see Boston going after him too.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:28 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post
Are we getting 27yr old Iginla?

Pens didn't even give up that much to get Hossa when he was coming off a 100pt season. Lol, keep dreaming pal. The 1st, sure, the other 2 hell no.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:31 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
How about to the Kings to play with Sutter again?

Brown-Kopitar-Iginla
Penner-Richards-Carter
Clifford-Stoll-Williams
King-Fraser-Lewis/Nolan

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:32 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
This is pretty weak speculation IMO. Iginla will go to the place he has the best shot at a cup if he is willing to waive. Pittsburgh is the most realistic but I can see Boston going after him too.
It depends on his list of teams. He has a NMC so the Flames can't just dump him off to the highest bidder. He clearly wanted to have say in where he goes if he ever did want to leave.

Sid & Iginla have a ton of respect for each other, I remember reading about how Iginla was disappointed Sid couldn't play against the Flames last year in Calgary, while the rest of his team mates weren't that disappointed because he'd kill their chance to win (but wished his recovery well).

I think that will change what Iginla goes for. If Feaster gets a list and it's let's say...got 1 team. It's a different story now. I don't think his NMC has a restriction of a certain amount of teams. Iginla has a choice.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:33 AM
LetangBrassard23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post

It's been stated a million times before. Bennett is not being traded for a rental and why would the Pens trade Sutter?

It's Maatta, Kennedy, 1st or something else similar from Pittsburgh.

LetangBrassard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

San Jose isn't stupid enough to trade away their 1rst. We're already top heavy enough.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:50 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Anyone can be traded anywhere for a ring.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
I think Jarome wants to win a Cup. Anaheim and San Jose are the best teams he'd have a chance at a cup with. Maybe St. Louis, and LA too.

Also you have to factor in, where does Iginla want to play for the rest of his career. He has another 3 years in him at least, imo.

San Jose, Anaheim, LA are the nicest cities in the Western Conference, and the most successful in recent years.

Pittsburg probably can't afford Iginla past this season. I don't think the Kings have the cap space either. I think San Jose has enough cap space, and Anaheim definitely does.

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:28 AM
StringerBell

It's a 3 months rental. Even family men like Iginla can work elsewhere for 3 months and survive. And really, in a shortened season like this, how many more times could he go home to see his family if he's playing in Cali instead of Pittsburgh?

This is a stupid premise.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:29 AM
Zbynek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Anyone can be traded anywhere for a ring.
Agreed.

Also, not really understanding the speculation here. Has Iginla ever stated he enjoys living in a low-profile hockey city, or that he would prefer to be somewhere where he is not recognized? Everyone travels to New York City, would that mean it's the best place for him to move his family?

I think more warranted speculation would be him moving to a city to win the Stanley Cup, which he's never done.

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Exit Dose

Anaheim isn't going to make a trade for that level of rental.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:54 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
I think Jarome wants to win a Cup. Anaheim and San Jose are the best teams he'd have a chance at a cup with. Maybe St. Louis, and LA too.

Also you have to factor in, where does Iginla want to play for the rest of his career. He has another 3 years in him at least, imo.

San Jose, Anaheim, LA are the nicest cities in the Western Conference, and the most successful in recent years.

Pittsburg probably can't afford Iginla past this season. I don't think the Kings have the cap space either. I think San Jose has enough cap space, and Anaheim definitely does.
What makes you think that?

If you think Jerome is getting 7m again from anyone, you're kidding yourself. He's probably looking at 4.5-5m/yr for Iginla at that age.

Pens have 8.3m in cap space, it drops to 64.3m next year (right now, the Pens are at 61m). It's dropping 5.7m. Pens have a few guys that will be coming off the books and they will be replaced with people from within. Like Beau Bennett and Jeffrey becoming regulars and saying goodbye to Kennedy (2m) and Cooke (1.8m) or at the least, Kennedy.

Kunitz, Crosby, UFA
Bennett, Malkin, Neal
*Cooke, Sutter, Jeffrey
Glass, Vitale, UFA

Not that bad off. That would give the Pens enough to sign Iginla. And what do you think a 36yr old is going to command on the open market? Jeez. He's not 30 and hiting the market, he's 35 turning 36 during FA period.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Except for Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh and arguably others.

Quote:
Would help the factoring, if we knew what HE wanted.... which is the problem with your post. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. Family man plus Western Canada lifer = can only go to California.... huh!?

Quote:
Granted, haven't been to San Jose.... but otherwise this Dane would certainly prefer living in Vancouver. Supposing the Nucks would be a no-go anyway, but outside of actually winning the cup, they have certainly been the hotter contender and better regular season team, just saying.

Quote:
Pittsburg probably can't afford Iginla past this season.
Depends on Iginla's wage. If it is 5 million or less, sure we could. Boston on the other hand would have to juggle a lot.

Quote:
I don't think the Kings have the cap space either. I think San Jose has enough cap space, and Anaheim definitely does.
.... San Jose could be a destination what with management likely getting a tad desperate that a window is closing. Tough to make a move without looking stronger than they do now though. Anaheim I don't buy for a second until they have resolved Perry/Getzlaf. Too much risk in going for a rental in their (present) situation. Get those two signed however.... OK, perhaps. They would seem to have much bigger needs elsewhere though.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Honour Over Glory

Iginla is on the same ppg pace as he was last year, I think people are assuming this is 80+ pt Iginla that is on the market, it's not. He's gotten older and because of that, he's not the same potent offensive player that he once was. Sure, playing beside Crosby will make life a lot easier for him because it'd cut a lot of the digging for goals and points tension off his shoulders. But that wouldn't boost his value. If he suddenly goes on a crazy hot streak (and he has been playing better as of late), that might.

People are going to be surprised for what he actually goes for.

I had arguments with Stars fans for what Ryder would bring them, in the end, they got a headcase in Cole and they had to give up a pick as well and this was a guy that was supposedly going to net them a 1st from some team.

Messageboard value vs Actual value.

Ryder is a few years younger, also coming off a 60+ point campaign and a UFA at the end of the year. Sure Iginla is going to have a little higher value, but not as astronomical as people make it out to be here. Whomever he goes to, it won't be for as much as people think.

If we were to go back and look at every "Trade proposal" here with a thread starter from the team fan base and his idea of what his player will net him and then got traded later in the year, it'd be a comical thread.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:15 AM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

I really think that people underestimate the value of Iggy. Put Him on a team that has a legit #1 Center and He becomes a top scorer again. If Calgary deals Him to a team on His list, the package would be pretty damn good going back to Calgary, rental or not.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote