HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ribeiro to Ana, Chi, Tor, Van, Det, Ott?

Old
03-11-2013, 09:35 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
1st+B prospect
2nd+A prospect

I would do 2nd and Rakell most likely (but I'm a fan of Rakell, so probably I'm a bit biased). Or 1st and DSP or Kerdiles.
Ana org. is to high on Rakell to move him. I can see DSP being moved however, Kerdiles is a California product so I also doubt he's traded

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Ana org. is to high on Rakell to move him. I can see DSP being moved however, Kerdiles is a California product so I also doubt he's traded
Agreed. What about DSP+ conditional 4th? Becomes a 3rd if Ribs re-signs.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:47 AM
BK201

I could see Ottawa I retested but because we're in a rebuild I don't quite see what we could actually give up.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:26 AM
ALee10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
That might be because he isn't on Hossa/Kovalchuk's level. I think its mostly because the draft is considered strong this year, and with the cap going down next year teams are going to take it a little slower. I think he would fetch a late 1st/early 2nd and a mid level prospect. If i didn't despise him so much i would go the NYI 2nd + Friberg for him.
Teams aren't slowing down with signing, your team just signed a guy (a great player no doubt) to an 8.25M/year 8 year contract. That's not slowing down, that's establishing precedence for this year. Perry can point to that when he's negotiating whether that's to re-sign with the Ducks or with another team (I don't mean to keep pointing to the Ducks, but Perry and Getzlaf are and were the biggest names in free agency this year). No matter what, there will be large contracts regardless of the salary cap and there will always be overpayment and overvaluing of one season or a stretch of play.

That said, Ribeiro is playing very well for Capitals. I think the last few games he's not been so great, but I can point to far more games where he's been the difference. If we could convince him to sign a shorter term deal, something in the range of 2-3 years then I would love for the Caps to resign him even at 6M/year. We're not really at risk of losing anyone to free agency this year or in the near future.

Alzner is RFA and surely he can't expect more than Carlson got this year.

Hamrlik's cap hit is off the books

Poti's cap hit will be off the books

For better or worse, we would effectively be replacing them with younger players still on entry-level or first RFA contract deals so their cap hit remains low over the duration of a short Ribeiro contract

Even if we don't make moves to bolster the top 6, we should upgrade with the addition of a healthy Laich, Johansson and Filip Forsberg (don't forget Kuznetsov who will make the jump in a couple years)

I guess my long winded point is that we have the cap space to sign Ribeiro and upgrades can be made internally without blowing things up or bloating our salary cap with UFA signings. So sign Ribeiro but only if we can do it for a shorter length.

ALee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Agreed. What about DSP+ conditional 4th? Becomes a 3rd if Ribs re-signs.
No. We'll need a first-rounder or better prospect with DSP. Read my post where I first mentioned him, it actually said 1st+DSP.

Sellers market. Jason Arnott fetched 2nd and Steckel a couple years ago despite being like 90 years old, slow and not producing.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:05 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Ribs will easily fetch a 1st + at the TDL if GMGM decides to move him. He's the team leader in points and better than advertised defensively. He's a legit 1C and if GMGM doesn't trade him then loses him in the offseason he should be fired on the spot.

AlexBrovechkin8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

vCash: 50
I'd give DSP + 2nd this year or 1st + meh prospect like McMillan for Ribs.

He'd be a great fit for our 2nd line.

Vinegar Strokes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:05 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar Strokes View Post
I'd give DSP + 2nd this year or 1st + meh prospect like McMillan for Ribs.

He'd be a great fit for our 2nd line.
I would take it if nothing else presents itself, but you'll be outbid quite easily.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote