HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Chris Neil v. Colton Orr

Old
03-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
The title of this thread is a joke. Neil did NOT even land 1 single punch. Neil ain't got **** for Orr!

Lets see Neil drop the gloves with Orr again and watch Neil get Knocked the **** out!!!
Has Neil ever been knocked out before? It's not the first time he's fought Orr.

Listen, Neil is a very tough guy. The reality is that he's not nearly as big as the legitimate heavyweight fighters. Orr is one of the best fighters in the league so why would Neil just throw haymakers with a guy much bigger than him? Neil is a smart fighter. He got some decent shots in and made sure that Orr couldn't.

Regardless of whether or not you like that kind of fight it's a 'clear win' for Neil.

I'd love to see a mid-sized guy on the Leafs go after a guy with Orr's pedigree. You won't find many players like Neil in the league.

Oh, yeah, but the title of this thread is stupid.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:07 PM
frederixx

Come on guys, i'm not a Sens fan, but that's a win for Neil. Why can't people just admit it

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:07 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

i was pretty pumped too see these 2 drop the mitts because i ****ing hate Neil and thought Orr could pump him Lucic style but boy was i wrong. as much as i hate the guy he is a tough mofo and he handled Orr pretty well here. I would personally count that as a loss for Orr but I definitely hope they go again and if they do I wanna see Orr can get some distance to exchange some bombs!!!!

kilgro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:08 PM
CamFan81
Derp

good job by neil

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:10 PM
jimmycarter

i dont think orr wanted this fight...especially after what happened earlier.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Again I don't think it can be overstated but you can say what you want or think about Neil, but he's fought some of the top heavyweights in the league and he's a small guy. He's never been dropped, or beaten on.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Again I don't think it can be overstated but you can say what you want or think about Neil, but he's fought some of the top heavyweights in the league and he's a small guy. He's never been dropped, or beaten on.
His face looks like it would break my hand if I punched him.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:19 PM
jimmycarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
uhh lucic destroyed him in pre-season 09.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:21 PM
stish

What a horrible misleading title.

stish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:25 PM
smitty10

That was barely a fight. Neil kept too close to Orr for anything to happen. However, if Neil didn't stay close then this fight could have ended up similar to one of the Orr vs Carkner knockouts. Good on Neil for standing up, but they could have at least thrown a few real punches.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:28 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

The OP is reaching way too hard. The edge certainly goes to Neil but it was a very anti-climatic fight. Think someone has a case of sour grapes after the Mclaren fight.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Neil should audition for Dancing with the Stars.
OP went a bit overboard with title, but if you want to say that Orr didn't eat a few decent punches at the beginning of that fight then you have no credibility!

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:33 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Had a good laugh at the title. Sure I'll give Neil the win but who would even want to win like that. Are "Dancing with the Stars" taking auditions. I bet Neil had to change his drawers after this one. Death grip

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarter View Post
uhh lucic destroyed him in pre-season 09.
Yeah...I wouldn't call this being destroyed:

Lucic hits Neil with a can opener and then jumps on him. Neil then battles back and if that jump never happened you would call it a win for Neil. He lost the fight, but it wasn't getting "destroyed" and Neil is still smiling at the end as usual.

This is probably my favorite Neil fight:

What a great fight and show of class between two great warriors. Unreal. Can't help but laugh at the clear size mismatch though. It's also funny how many "leaf fans" think Orr would just destroy Neil though.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:37 PM
ponder

A smart fight be Neil, but hardly a spectacular win. Neil got more shots in, he won the fight, but it was mostly a hug fest.

Re: Neil vs. Orr in general, both guys are seriously tough customers. Not sure why so many are talking about the size difference though, Neil is a bit smaller, but Orr is also on the small size for a heavyweight. Orr is listed at 6'3", 222 lbs, while Neil is listed at 6'1", 215 lbs, not a major difference there. It's not like Orr is 6'5" - 6'8" like a number of the giant heavyweights.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

Lol.

Some of the earlier leaf posters in this thread are embarrassing homers. Go to any fight site, everyone agrees it's a clear win for Neil. "Neil hung on for dear life''. What the hell? What fight were you watching? Neil was the aggressor in this fight, outpunched Orr 13 to 3, and I'm being generous to Orr here. Clear win Neil. If anything, Orr is the one whovwas ''hanging on for dear life'', he barely threw any punches.You guys are just mad because you've been talking **** about Neil being ''afraid'' of Orr forever and now Neil took care of Orr and you people have nothing to yap about.

So suck on it homers. Clear win Neil, period.

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:44 PM
pigpen65

Orr beat Scott and Neil handles Orr. You just never know.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:46 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Super impressive, who would have expected Neil to beat Orr.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:48 PM
masyo88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
Lol.

Some of the earlier leaf posters in this thread are embarrassing homers. Go to any fight site, everyone agrees it's a clear win for Neil. "Neil hung on for dear life''. What the hell? What fight were you watching? Neil was the aggressor in this fight, outpunched Orr 13 to 3, and I'm being generous to Orr here. Clear win Neil. If anything, Orr is the one whovwas ''hanging on for dear life'', he barely threw any punches.You guys are just mad because you've been talking **** about Neil being ''afraid'' of Orr forever and now Neil took care of Orr and you people have nothing to yap about.

So suck on it homers. Clear win Neil, period.
LOL he showed him! Going to fight him after hes on fresh and Orr is gassed at the end of his shift. Please, Neil is a tough hombre but he will never ever fight Orr clearly off the face off clean. Oh and if this is a clear win for Neil (which is not) then is what Mclaren did to Dedscdacsdc murder then? Also does Druvsdadada know what year it is yet? lol Sens fans

masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:54 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
That was barely a fight. Neil kept too close to Orr for anything to happen. However, if Neil didn't stay close then this fight could have ended up similar to one of the Orr vs Carkner knockouts. Good on Neil for standing up, but they could have at least thrown a few real punches.
If you take off your homer glasses and view the fight with the same eyes the majority of us in this thread have than you would have noticed the clear shots and uppercuts Neil got as he controlled the fight early. Shouldn't be that hard to admit your guy got a loss, especially when you got a KO tonight, but I guess when he's supposed to be your feared guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
LOL he showed him! Going to fight him after hes on fresh and Orr is gassed at the end of his shift.
Neil wasn't fresh. Why must you make things up?

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
LOL he showed him! Going to fight him after hes on fresh and Orr is gassed at the end of his shift. Please, Neil is a tough hombre but he will never ever fight Orr clearly off the face off clean. Oh and if this is a clear win for Neil (which is not) then is what Mclaren did to Dedscdacsdc murder then? Also does Druvsdadada know what year it is yet? lol Sens fans

Old
03-06-2013, 10:57 PM
masyo88*

... end of **** when Orr is gassed and Neil charges at him, here's the outcome when its all fair and square.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MDYqUTacAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3fCWA62b6c

Old
03-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
If you take off your homer glasses and view the fight with the same eyes the majority of us in this thread have than you would have noticed the clear shots and uppercuts Neil got as he controlled the fight early. Shouldn't be that hard to admit your guy got a loss, especially when you got a KO tonight, but I guess when he's supposed to be your feared guy...
What I find more amusing is that he thinks Orr would have KOed Neil...even though they've fought before and Orr has landed huge bombs that Neil just walked through.

I'm sure Neil's time will come, but he has waded through every true heavyweight's punch. He's gotta be the toughest guy in the NHL p4p. He might not win every fight but he never really gets destroyed. Anyone could get KOed in a fight in theory...but it just doesn't happen to Neil.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:58 PM
masyo88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post

Neil wasn't fresh. Why must you make things up?
hmm really I could have sworn Neil just got of the bench, according to the TSN commentators, you know the guys at the actual games ahah

Old
03-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Orr lost, but it Neil certainly didn't show him "who's boss."

Joe Pesci is online now   Reply With Quote