HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Chris Neil v. Colton Orr

Old
03-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
... end of **** when Orr is gassed and Neil charges at him, here's the outcome when its all fair and square.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MDYqUTacAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3fCWA62b6c
So what you showed in the 2nd link was that when they fight (and Neil isn't afraid to fight Orr) it's relatively even and Orr looks noticeably bigger? Congratz. Far cry from the supposed KO that Orr would give Neil "if they fought fair".

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Epoch

Neil has the best chin; I don't think he has ever been dropped. He's also an excellent fighter. I hate the guy, but I gotta give credit when its due.

This is the closest to a beating I've seen him take

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:03 PM
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

Orr lost this one, he knew it too after the bout. Smart tilt by Neil. Hate the guy, but he does what he has to do to get his team going.

KingBuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
hmm really I could have sworn Neil just got of the bench, according to the TSN commentators, you know the guys at the actual games ahah
You're inventing stuff now I see. TSN never mentioned anything about that, and the reality is Neil was on the ice for as long as Orr.

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

He got dropped by Boulerice but he jumped right back up. Not sure if it was really him getting TKOed or getting slammed with a big shot and then losing his balance.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:07 PM
masyo88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
So what you showed in the 2nd link was that when they fight (and Neil isn't afraid to fight Orr) it's relatively even and Orr looks noticeably bigger? Congratz. Far cry from the supposed KO that Orr would give Neil "if they fought fair".
lol please take off the homer glasses Neil ignores him until he seems him and slip and prounces on him but Orr gets the upper hand. And I never said Orr would knock Neil out, it wasn't me that implied that, I think Neil is one of the toughest sobs in the NHL. I just said Neil would never go with Orr squarely and clearly in there two fights he hasn't and Orr has challenged him dozens of times to and Neil shys away.

masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

Quote:
Plus what he conveniently fails to mention is that Neil had a bad left hand that night and for that reason didn't want to fight Orr, Orr knew this and chased him anyways. Tonight, Neil's left was in good health and he used it well against Orr, who struggles against southpaws.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
Lol.

Some of the earlier leaf posters in this thread are embarrassing homers. Go to any fight site, everyone agrees it's a clear win for Neil. "Neil hung on for dear life''. What the hell? What fight were you watching? Neil was the aggressor in this fight, outpunched Orr 13 to 3, and I'm being generous to Orr here. Clear win Neil. If anything, Orr is the one whovwas ''hanging on for dear life'', he barely threw any punches.You guys are just mad because you've been talking **** about Neil being ''afraid'' of Orr forever and now Neil took care of Orr and you people have nothing to yap about.

So suck on it homers. Clear win Neil, period.
Says the guy with Neil as his avatar.

Neil picks his fights badly as anybody. Made a career out of beating up on guys like Luke Schenn.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:22 PM
mcleex

vCash: 200

Lmao shows him who's boss

He bear hugged the fight for life

mcleex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Says the guy with Neil as his avatar.

Neil picks his fights badly as anybody. Made a career out of beating up on guys like Luke Schenn.
So what? I am a fan of Neil but I can admit when he clearly loses. Apparently the same isn't true for leafs fans who invent all types of bs and who won't admit Orr lost.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Polo*

wow some serious sens homers wandered into this thread.

Neil hugged Orr so Orr couldnt KO him. It was smart of Neil but a crappy fight. There is no other reason to squeeze a guy as hard as he can .. hes terrified of getting hammered.

After Mclaren killed that Senator tonight..Neil should have manned up and went toe to toe...not just try and make a point and hug a guy.

Bad showing for Neil and you could really see Orr wanted to go.

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post

Neil hugged Orr so Orr couldnt KO him. It was smart of Neil but a crappy fight. There is no other reason to squeeze a guy as hard as he can to not get him lose. hes terrified of getting hammered.

After Mclaren killed that Senator tonight..Neil should have manned up and went toe to toe...not just try and make a point and hug a guy.

I don't even know what to respond to your homerism. Neil out punched Orr at least 13-3, but somehow he's the one who didn't want to fight and he had a bad showing. You're delusional.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:29 PM
mcleex

vCash: 200
When your player gets knocked out in a previous fight. Something like exchanging punches and hanging on for life is considered a "win" I suppose. Standards should be higher

mcleex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
I don't even know what to respond to your homerism. Neil out punched Orr at least 13-3, but somehow he's the one who didn't want to fight and he had a bad showing. You're delusional.
Yeah me being an Avs fan makes me very bias.

You know most leaf fans try to trash talk to me when Im on their boards or talking about some of their puss showing against the Bruins right. Feel kinda silly?

When you want a fight..you fight a guy..not hug him as tight as you can. It was ridiculous.

I could understand if Orr went after Neil...but Neil went after Orr.

I said earlier Neil is a tough boy and isnt scared of anyone but he shouldnt have fought like that after one of his boys get KO'd. He wanted to avenge it...scrap the guy and go for the KO. Not try and hug the guy til he passes out

Old
03-06-2013, 11:34 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

Polo, get a clue! Neil clearly won this fight, sorry! And this just like so many other fights Neil proves he will drop the gloves with anyone in the NHL!

OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:

Neil hugged Orr so Orr couldnt KO him. It was smart of Neil but a crappy fight. There is no other reason to squeeze a guy as hard as he can .. hes terrified of getting hammered.

I thought Orr looked almost disinterested in fighting Neil. Also hilarious that you imply Neil of all people is afraid of being KOed...the guy has a head of granite. He's fought Orr before with Orr free-swinging and been fine.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Polo*

So tell me why Neil hugged him so tight? What does that imply? Surely he didnt want to hug orr because he found him cute. here's a hint...when A guy doesnt want to get hit what does he do? The kanopka.

Orr is in amazing shape this season from ive seen of his fights and has ripped through almost every guy he fought including Derek Eng so far. Maybe Neil is smart enough to see that and decided to hug it out.

Im open to suggestions though as I would like to know why he hung on so tight. Orr tried 5-6 times to get free of the bear hug but couldnt.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:39 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

neil got him with a few shots that are hard to see in the vid. orr held on because he was stunned

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
So tell me why Neil hugged him so tight? What does that imply? Surely he didnt want to hug orr because he found him cute. here's a hint...when A guy doesnt want to get hit what does he do? The kanopka.

Orr is in amazing shape this season from ive seen of his fights and has ripped through almost every guy he fought including Derek Eng so far. Maybe Neil is smart enough to see that and decided to hug it out.

Im open to suggestions though as I would like to know why he hung on so tight. Orr tried 5-6 times to get free of the bear hug but couldnt.
You should probably re-watch the fight. Orr was holding onto Neil just as much if not moreso than Neil was holding onto Orr. If you watch the fight again Neil lands some pretty solid punches...wouldn't be surprised if Orr was stunned at all.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:42 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
Orr lost this one, he knew it too after the bout. Smart tilt by Neil. Hate the guy, but he does what he has to do to get his team going.
Thanks for being honest, I have no shame in crediting fighters with a win vs sens players.

You win some, you lose some.

OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Polo*

Quote:
You should probably re-watch the fight. Orr was holding onto Neil just as much if not moreso than Neil was holding onto Orr. If you watch the fight again Neil lands some pretty solid punches...wouldn't be surprised if Orr was stunned at all.
Ok i rewatched it again and saw Orr trying to push off Neil numerous times and Neil just kept pulling him back in. Not very many punches landed anyways.

Crappy fight and a really embarrassing thread title

Old
03-06-2013, 11:47 PM
JimLaheyprobert

1st of all this title is really stupid. If anything if you are going to make a title about someone showing someone who is boss it should be (Mclaren shows ottawa guy (don't know his name or care) whos boss) not chris neil shows orr whos boss lol. You can tell this title was created by a homer sens fan who is so surprised and relieved that chris neil did not come out of this fight with his face broken and even got the upper hand so hes got to exaggerate the crap out of it.

2nd of all this is an awful fight. All i see is chris neil holding on to a gassed colton orr who previous to the fight gave it his all and almost scored a rare goal lol.

3rd of all, though neil did get a few shots in and to the average fan looked like he won that fight. Deep down neil knows that if he did try to fight orr he would have got beat bad. and sure some will say its a "smart tactic" to tie up orr and not let him pound you, but in that situation when previously your teammate just got embarrassed and your team needs a spark, you dont ask a guy to fight and just hug him and throw nothing punches, you go out and battle him and see if you can win, worse case you lose and your teammates still get pumped because you gave it your all. Best case you draw or win, and get your revenge properly.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Morlu

This title is embarrassing . Win for Neil but hardly a entertaining fight. Hugging match maybe 1 good punch, you can't throw with much power when that close.

Morlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

You can tell the new fans from the people who have been watching for a while when they come in claiming Neil hugged Orr because he "knew he would be beat bad" if he didn't. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlu View Post
This title is embarrassing . Win for Neil but hardly a entertaining fight. Hugging match maybe 1 good punch, you can't throw with much power when that close.
Neil landed a couple hard short uppercuts actually. It's not like it was a "shows who's boss" type fight, but Neil clearly won.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:50 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Not this year. Orr is in amazing shape. He is being hugged its that simple.
This is pretty pathetic when video evidence shows otherwise.

Win Neil.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote