HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Chris Neil v. Colton Orr

Old
03-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Polo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
You can tell the new fans from the people who have been watching for a while when they come in claiming Neil hugged Orr because he "knew he would be beat bad" if he didn't. Lol.

Neil landed a couple hard short uppercuts actually. It's not like it was a "shows who's boss" type fight, but Neil clearly won.
You have other fanbases other then the two teams telling you its a crappy fight, a dumb thread title and Neil hugging Orr.

You and a couple sens fans are the only ones defending it. Its ridiculous and a horrible fight and stop trying to hang onto something because whatever his face got his head punched in.

Crappy fight and thread should be locked instead of allowing angry sens fans to try and grasp at a ridiculous poor fight

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:57 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Neil threw and landed more punches and kept Orr tangled up. Neil wins, smart fight by him.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:00 PM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
You have other fanbases other then the two teams telling you its a crappy fight, a dumb thread title and Neil hugging Orr.

You and a couple sens fans are the only ones defending it. Its ridiculous and a horrible fight and stop trying to hang onto something because whatever his face got his head punched in.

Crappy fight and thread should be locked instead of allowing angry sens fans to try and grasp at a ridiculous poor fight
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/116538

An overwhelming 71% gave this fight to Neil. The rating was about average (4.8). You were saying?

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:06 PM
JimLaheyprobert

I don't think anyone's saying neil didn't win, everyone is just saying its a bad fight (because neil chose to just hug and hold on) and an even worse title. If neil squared off with orr, and traded punches with him and ended up winning in a style that orr usually pounds people in, then that's "showing someone whos boss", neil simply got a few nothing shots in and held on. Personally if im a sens fan im happy that neil stood to orr, but im not bragging about this fight.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:16 PM
newfy

Man some leaf fans need to give it a rest. It wasnt a great fight but it wasnt just a hug fest. It might've looked like one from your point of view because Orr did nothing all fight but Neil actually threw quite a few punches and got a pretty clear win in the fight. They've fought twice now and Orr hasnt laid a beating on Neil, they both have a win each. During this fight even when Neil was throwing punches, Orr wasnt doing anything. He was inactive and not just because Neil was holding onto him

Orrs fighting style is sit back and chuck haymakers, hes one of the best at it. Why would a guy Neils size sit there and do that with him, it was a smart fight on his part. The leafs got a huge KO win in a fight today, give credit where its due. The leafs big heavyweight lost a fight he probably shouldnt have and it happens, but dont make excuses about it or say Orr could knock him out because that hasnt happened twice now

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/116538

An overwhelming 71% gave this fight to Neil. The rating was about average (4.8). You were saying?
this is supposed to mean something? You know that board is just like this one right...its fans voting...not some special board of members.....

Anytime there is a fight they vote. When people are made to vote there...who do they say won? Orr? Tie? lol obv not. Everyone said it was a ****** fight. Get over it..the fight sucked.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:37 PM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 50
Quote:
this is supposed to mean something? You know that board is just like this one right...its fans voting...not some special board of members.....

Anytime there is a fight they vote. When people are made to vote there...who do they say won? Orr? Tie? lol obv not. Everyone said it was a ****** fight. Get over it..the fight sucked.
It does. The sited is often referred to by most major media outlets such as TSN, CBC, Sportsnet, ESPN, et. al when discussing hockey fights/fighters.

Sure, thatís another board thatís also filled with ******** posters who canít accept the fact that Neil won and it wasnít by hugging.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
It does. The sited is often referred to by most major media outlets such as TSN, CBC, Sportsnet, ESPN, et. al when discussing hockey fights/fighters.

Sure, thatís another board thatís also filled with ******** posters who canít accept the fact that Neil won and it wasnít by hugging.
lol@tsn. I am a regular poster there and its just like here. And nothing like TSN and all the other crap you are spewing.

It was a crappy fight...you are ******** your sens player got destroyed and carried off the ice and you lost the game to your rival. Get over it and move on. If you think that was a fight or a big win for Neil...that is quite funny but almost pathetic.

Your bitterness towards the leafs is pretty depressing. Although all those playoff losses by the leafs could do that to one.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Mr Manks
Do it for Rundblad

Quote:
lol@tsn. I am a regular poster there and its just like here. And nothing like TSN and all the other crap you are spewing.

It was a crappy fight...you are ******** your sens player got destroyed and carried off the ice and you lost the game to your rival. Get over it and move on. If you think that was a fight or a big win for Neil...that is quite funny but almost pathetic.

Your bitterness towards the leafs is pretty depressing. Although all those playoff losses by the leafs could do that to one.
Thats the pot calling the kettle black bud.

Mr Manks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Mr Manks
Do it for Rundblad

Leaf fans be realistic why would Neil go shot for shot with Orr that is a losing situation for Neil considering his size and weight. He kept Orr close because he knew Orr couldn't throw his harder punches from that range. If this was Carkner or Lessard fighting I Would agree with you guys but its not.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turris7 View Post
Thats the pot calling the kettle black bud.
which part? oh you mean im so bitter i have called neil a tough guy aside from his wuss tactics or another thread where I praised DD for cutting mclaren and atleast getting a punch in?

yeah that reeks of bitterness

Old
03-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
So what? I am a fan of Neil but I can admit when he clearly loses. Apparently the same isn't true for leafs fans who invent all types of bs and who won't admit Orr lost.
Neil lands some shots in a hugging match. Wasn't much of a scrap. You need to admit that. I couldn't care less if Orr lost, it wasn't a fight to write home about.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Mr Manks
Do it for Rundblad

Quote:
which part? oh you mean im so bitter i have called neil a tough guy aside from his wuss tactics or another thread where I praised DD for cutting mclaren and atleast getting a punch in?

yeah that reeks of bitterness
If you want to go talk about the Mclaren fight go right ahead there is a thread for that. I still don't get this so called wuss tactics. Say you were 6 ft 1 215 pounds would you fight a guy punch for punch if he was 6ft 3 in 250 pounds?

Old
03-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Polo*

Quote:
If you want to go talk about the Mclaren fight go right ahead there is a thread for that. I still don't get this so called wuss tactics. Say you were 6 ft 1 215 pounds would you fight a guy punch for punch if he was 6ft 3 in 250 pounds?
What are you talking about? i dont want to talk about mclaren...you said im bitter vs the sens and I explained how I am not..

In a usual scrap? Nope I wouldnt blame him - But when my guy just got knocked out badly and I go pick a fight. I would not hug a guy and throw jabs...thats the one time you step up and throw em and go for the KO not play it safe.

Now that I re-watched it Orr is completely gassed from his shift so if Neil knew that was probably the best time to go toe to toe...not avoid him like the plague,

any other time I would say good job...smart fighting but given the circumstances and knowing neil can fight...he shouldnt have hugged him

Old
03-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Polo*

Quote:
So what? I am a fan of Neil but I can admit when he clearly loses. Apparently the same isn't true for leafs fans who invent all types of bs and who won't admit Orr lost.
I doubt you would. You havent posted in the thread where your buddy got knocked out..you have avoided that one all together. So lets not pretend youre mr reasonable.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:24 AM
newfy

Quote:
In a usual scrap? Nope I wouldnt blame him - But when my guy just got knocked out badly and I go pick a fight. I would not hug a guy and throw jabs...thats the one time you step up and throw em and go for the KO not play it safe.
Pretty hard to believe a guy posting on the internet about hockey would openly go swinging with Orr when plenty of pro athletes who fight plenty avoid it.

"Yeah my teammate got knocked out, I'm gonna go play into the other teams best fighter and fight his style because even if I lose it'll look entertaining to fans on the internet" - said no one with a brain

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Pretty hard to believe a guy posting on the internet about hockey would openly go swinging with Orr when plenty of pro athletes who fight plenty avoid it.

"Yeah my teammate got knocked out, I'm gonna go play into the other teams best fighter and fight his style because even if I lose it'll look entertaining to fans on the internet" - said no one with a brain
someone with a brain who defends neil as one of the better fighters..is now saying he should be scared to go toe to toe with orr...which is it? whatever suits your argument?

Someone with a brain would also realize how gassed Orr is.

Someone with a brain would realize hey ive fough orr before and handled myself well...since he just killed my teammate time to try and lay a beating.

Someone without a brain decided to hug a gassed orr and throw cowardly jabs.

Someone without a brain defends Neils pussification

Old
03-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
I know it's hard to admit for Leaf fans that their big, scary Colton Orr got beat by the hated Chris Neil, but admitting he lost is the first step to recovery.

The Toronto goon got DD great earlier. No arguments from me or anybody on that one.

No matter what way you try to spin it, Neil beat Orr in the fight. I guess you guys are a little defensive because you said if Orr and Neil ever fought again Neil would get owned. Too bad.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:06 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Someone with a brain would also realize how gassed Orr is.
Someone with a brain would realize Neil was on just as long. "Cowardly jabs" why so mad trolling, Orr your favourite player?

The Expert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

Quote:
What are you talking about? i dont want to talk about mclaren...you said im bitter vs the sens and I explained how I am not..

Now that I re-watched it Orr is completely gassed from his shift so if Neil knew that was probably the best time to go toe to toe...not avoid him like the plague,

any other time I would say good job...smart fighting but given the circumstances and knowing neil can fight...he shouldnt have hugged him
Poor Orr is gassed from his 6 minutes of ice time all night.... You gotta be ****ing kidding me, Neil was out there as long as Orr before the fight and he was fine. You'll say anything to discredit Neil won't you? And you're still inventing **** about Neil ''hugging'' Orr while there is a video of the fight showing that's not what happened, Neil threw 13 punches while Orr was scrambling. How can you ''hug'' someone if you throw 13 punches? And on dropyourgloves.com, which is a fight site with a homerism filter, Neil has the clear win with a unanimous vote. I don't know why you have an axe to grind with Neil, but talking about the ''pussification'' of Neil when he beats Orr clearly in a smart fight makes you look like a complete dumbass, although there is a chance that you're just a troll.

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Polo*

um the announcers and the panel said he looked gassed too. I actually argued it until i watched the video and saw him gassed. Ok lets say he wasnt gassed if it will make you happy. Neil still tried to cuddle him.

And your ridiculous 13 punches...haha are you serious with that? Stop acting like those 13 punches were bombs. They were friendly cuddly huggable jabs.

What do you want here? I parrot to repeat myself?

Neil was a scrub for playing it safe tonight. No if and or butts. It was pathetic and a piss poor way to stand up for your team.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Haha 250 lbs? Neil is 215, Orr is 220. Orr has a whopping 5 lbs on Neil.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:55 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Poor Orr is gassed from his 6 minutes of ice time all night.... You gotta be ****ing kidding me, Neil was out there as long as Orr before the fight and he was fine. You'll say anything to discredit Neil won't you? And you're still inventing **** about Neil ''hugging'' Orr while there is a video of the fight showing that's not what happened, Neil threw 13 punches while Orr was scrambling. How can you ''hug'' someone if you throw 13 punches? And on dropyourgloves.com, which is a fight site with a homerism filter, Neil has the clear win with a unanimous vote. I don't know why you have an axe to grind with Neil, but talking about the ''pussification'' of Neil when he beats Orr clearly in a smart fight makes you look like a complete dumbass, although there is a chance that you're just a troll.
If the roles were reversed I'd love to hear your take.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

Quote:
um the announcers and the panel said he looked gassed too. I actually argued it until i watched the video and saw him gassed. Ok lets say he wasnt gassed if it will make you happy. Neil still tried to cuddle him.

And your ridiculous 13 punches...haha are you serious with that? Stop acting like those 13 punches were bombs. They were friendly cuddly huggable jabs.

What do you want here? I parrot to repeat myself?

Neil was a scrub for playing it safe tonight. No if and or butts. It was pathetic and a piss poor way to stand up for your team.

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:12 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
I made a rational, leaf - goggles off post earlier but it got overwhelmed by stupidity (figures) so I will re-state my point. Neil won against Orr through means of more tactical fighting, Kudos and well done to Neil. The point that other leaf fans are making is that the OP made a very absurd statement by over-stating just how much Neil won by which makes this thread easy to jump on and turn into a troll-fest.

My suggestion: Keep it in your pants leafs, we lost the fight but won the battle (for now) and as for the OP: Re-watch the video and re-assess your original statement before posting it on HFBoards.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote