HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stompin' Tom Connors, R.I.P.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Certainly the end of an era.

Good old Hockey game song is a classic for the ages however.

03-07-2013, 11:38 AM
eyeball11

As down to Earth, salt of the Earth as his songs. Met him one time at a neighbour's place where he was having some beer and contemplating buying a cottage. Godspeed Tom!

I know it will never happen but it sure would be nice to hear the ACC crowd do a verse and chorus of the Hockey Song in tribute.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Will Billiams

Saw him live in Woodstock NB a few years ago, my face ached for three days from laughing. Great entertainer and a proud Canadian. I tipped a few Moosehead in his honor last night.

RIP Stompin' Tom.

Will Billiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Transplanted Caper

There have been lots of good words written about Stompin' Tom Connors since the news of his death broke last night, and it's well deserved. A Canadian icon, he wrote about every region in this country. Whether people even knew it or not, when they were humming tunes like Bud the Spud, Tillsonburg, and Sudbury Saturday Night, you were learning (however inadvertently) about the places that make this country so unique. But beyond that, I think his legacy is this. Stompin' Tom Connors was fun. Wherever you were when listening to him, or talking about him, or singing his songs, you probably having a good time, and I think that's a rare thing for an artist to impart. That's not to take anything away from the different things musicians, actors, or other artists give us. Music, film and art can be inspirational, entertaining, through provoking, and groundbreaking. To many Stompin' Tom was all these things, buy beyond all that he was fun.

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:18 PM
PensFan6687

Does anyone have the video tribute made to Stompin' Tom at the Leafs game? Would love to see that! Thanks in advance!

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

I suspect the opening montage on HNIC this week is going to be one for the ages. Can't wait.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:49 AM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
I suspect the opening montage on HNIC this week is going to be one for the ages. Can't wait.
Agreed, I've been looking forward to it. I've always wondered why CBC didn't just go with the hockey song when they lost the original HNIC theme song to TSN.

We'll miss you Tom.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote