HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers @ Wings / 07.03.13 / 5:30PM / Talk Is Cheap

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2013, 07:45 AM
  #26
Vagabond
Registered User
 
Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,892
vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Put Hall at center, please! The Oilers were brutal last time these two teams played at center. Just do it! Cant hurt! Wont hurt! ..But it might help!?

Jones - Hall - Hemsky
Magnus - Gagner - Eberle
Eager - Hopkins - Yakupov
Smyth - Belanger - Brown

Spread the wealth and have an energy player on every line. Yes, Magnus has been an energy payer lately! What does this team lack.. ENERGY! Having just skill on the top 2 lines HAS NOT WORKED!

Go OIL! I'm tired of watching paint dry!


Vagabond is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:56 AM
  #27
Hoogaar23
Registered User
 
Hoogaar23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Put Hall at center, please! The Oilers were brutal last time these two teams played at center. Just do it! Cant hurt! Wont hurt! ..But it might help!?

Jones - Hall - Hemsky
Magnus - Gagner - Eberle
Eager - Hopkins - Yakupov
Smyth - Belanger - Brown

Spread the wealth and have an energy player on every line. Yes, Magnus has been an energy payer lately! What does this team lack.. ENERGY! Having just skill on the top 2 lines HAS NOT WORKED!

Go OIL! I'm tired of watching paint dry!

That actually doesn't look too bad at all.

Hoogaar23 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:59 AM
  #28
Bodmanza
McChiaricholson
 
Bodmanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,319
vCash: 50
4-1 Det.
Shots 38-21 Det

Ho hum.

Bodmanza is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:24 AM
  #29
tempest2i
You and Whose Army?
 
tempest2i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,307
vCash: 500
I'm expecting the Oilers to get badly outshot again. And lose.

I'm also predicting that nothing will be done within the front office to change the team and this will continue, forever, like in Groundhog Day.

tempest2i is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:33 AM
  #30
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Put Hall at center, please! The Oilers were brutal last time these two teams played at center. Just do it! Cant hurt! Wont hurt! ..But it might help!?

Jones - Hall - Hemsky
Magnus - Gagner - Eberle
Eager - Hopkins - Yakupov
Smyth - Belanger - Brown

Spread the wealth and have an energy player on every line. Yes, Magnus has been an energy payer lately! What does this team lack.. ENERGY! Having just skill on the top 2 lines HAS NOT WORKED!

Go OIL! I'm tired of watching paint dry!

Hall doesn't want to play center.

Wheatking is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:44 AM
  #31
fuswald
I'd Be Fired
 
fuswald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 612
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Hall doesn't want to play center.
$6 million a year says he should do what the f he's told.

fuswald is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:47 AM
  #32
McPuritania
5-14-6-1
 
McPuritania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,840
vCash: 105
I'll just leave this here for our beloved team...


McPuritania is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:48 AM
  #33
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,463
vCash: 2700
On a bright note if this game gets out of hand early you can turn it off and still have a nice evening doing whatever else it is you like to do with your weeknights.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:49 AM
  #34
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,463
vCash: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuswald View Post
$6 million a year says he should do what the f he's told.
Then watch him demand a trade.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:52 AM
  #35
McPuritania
5-14-6-1
 
McPuritania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,840
vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
On a bright note if this game gets out of hand early you can turn it off and still have a nice evening doing whatever else it is you like to do with your weeknights.
I like to sob quietly in front of the television, so I'll keep the game on.

McPuritania is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:52 AM
  #36
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up
 
Matt Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Then watch him demand a trade.
That's laughable.

That being said he should stay at wing

Matt Ryan is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:02 AM
  #37
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,463
vCash: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
That's laughable.

That being said he should stay at wing
Really? Play the kid on a lotto team for 3 years, then demand he play out of position. That's the way to keep him happy.

Erik Cole didn't exactly like switching from one wing to the other and look how that went. Guy went from being on Sportsnet intermission praising the City talking about how he made a clean break from Carolina moving everyone to Edmonton, to being on the Jim Rome show taking shots at us.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:02 AM
  #38
sundaysleftovers
Registered User
 
sundaysleftovers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: At Work
Country: Canada
Posts: 62
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
I like to sob quietly in front of the television, so I'll keep the game on.

sundaysleftovers is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:08 AM
  #39
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder
 
McCupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 15,575
vCash: 500
Hall is NOT a center, i think even Hall recognizes that based on him saying that he doesn't want to play there so i'm not sure why there's so much stubbornness amongst some fans to slot him in at center. The last thing this team needs is to play another player out of position.
The team is already struggling as is and moving the best forward on the team this season (or 2nd best if you consider Gagner to be the best) out of his comfort zone to a position that he hasn't played in many years is not a recipe for success.

McCupofOil is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:08 AM
  #40
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Really? Play the kid on a lotto team for 3 years, then demand he play out of position. That's the way to keep him happy.

Erik Cole didn't exactly like switching from one wing to the other and look how that went. Guy went from being on Sportsnet intermission praising the City talking about how he made a clean break from Carolina moving everyone to Edmonton, to being on the Jim Rome show taking shots at us.
Ya and he was also part of 1% of players that didn't like the new CBA.
So who cares what that whiny ***** thinks. That's why he is in Dallas.

Turrican* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
  #41
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,463
vCash: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Hall is NOT a center, i think even Hall recognizes that based on him saying that he doesn't want to play there so i'm not sure why there's so much stubbornness amongst some fans to slot him in at center. The last thing this team needs is to play another player out of position.
The team is already struggling as is and moving the best forward on the team this season (or 2nd best if you consider Gagner to be the best) out of his comfort zone to a position that he hasn't played in many years is not a recipe for success.
Let him play center, I'd like to see him laying on the ice and see what fans have to say.

The guy has a hard enough time avoiding contact while going along the boards against one d-men, but now we want him to play center and risk trying to beat two guys?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:13 AM
  #42
harpoon
FOB
 
harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Erik Cole didn't exactly like switching from one wing to the other and look how that went. Guy went from being on Sportsnet intermission praising the City talking about how he made a clean break from Carolina moving everyone to Edmonton, to being on the Jim Rome show taking shots at us.
imo that says a lot more about Erik Cole than it does about what wing he was asked to play on.

harpoon is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:17 AM
  #43
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,463
vCash: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
imo that says a lot more about Erik Cole than it does about what wing he was asked to play on.
Not really. When he struggled everyone asked why and it was simple. He was famous for going down the right side and cutting to the left being able to keep the puck away from defenders. We decided to make him try it on the other side which was weaker for him.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:29 AM
  #44
harpoon
FOB
 
harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Not really. When he struggled everyone asked why and it was simple. He was famous for going down the right side and cutting to the left being able to keep the puck away from defenders. We decided to make him try it on the other side which was weaker for him.
So because he got an assignment he didn't like (or as you say one that didn't make sense) he gets to go on Rome and slag off the city?

harpoon is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:45 AM
  #45
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Bieber View Post
sick gdt!!!
I just hate how it goes accross instead of down.

I feel good about this game. After kicking us fans in the junk a few times, the Oilers occasionally pull out a good game and win, so we can take a breath and get prepared for more misery.
I think this will be one of those games.

just wish DD wasn't playing.

I think this game is worth me betting 250vcash

3-2 Edmonton, but with DD giving up yet another weak goal.

Gord is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:47 AM
  #46
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
On a bright note if this game gets out of hand early you can turn it off and still have a nice evening doing whatever else it is you like to do with your weeknights.
even better. I have something to do early, but then will be going to the pub. I should be able to have beers for the last half of the game. I can drown my oiler sorrows. lol

Gord is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:53 AM
  #47
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1
 
Mc5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,440
vCash: 50
Great GDT!

I'm going to let all my vcash ride on the Wings once the bookie opens

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 10:11 AM
  #48
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,893
vCash: 500
I think this match will be the start of a winstreak! Believe!

Kulleroinen* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 10:14 AM
  #49
cyril*
Losers cheer for..
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Losing
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
They need 16 or 17 wins in the last 26 to have a shot at the 8th spot if the projected cut line is 55 points.

So, better start that winning streak tonight.

cyril* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
  #50
Wheathead
Formally a McRib
 
Wheathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
4-1 Detroit.

Shots 45-19.

It'll be tied 1-1 heading into the third, and the Oilers will promptly let their guard down for two seconds and find them down 2 goals quickly. 4th goal is an empty netter.

Dubnyk keeps the team in it as long as he can.

Oilers goal will be scored by Jones.

Wheathead is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.