HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bordeleau to MTL

Old
03-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

vCash: 500
Bordeleau to MTL

Montreal is in a search of a tough guy who can play hockey. Now, I may agree that Bordeleau might not be a Crosby or Malkin, he seems to do just fine with the Colorado Avalanche. After days of research, it has come conclusive that Bordeleau would be the ideal target for Marc Bergevin.Why?

1-6'6" 225lbs-26years old.He is the HW we desperately want to play against teams like Toronto and Boston.

2-He's a kid from Montreal, so it would be a quick transition for him, and he'd become a fan favorite in no time.

3-While he's not the perfect hockey player, it's not like Armstrong or Moen on the 4rth line have been playing good hockey for us, I'd rather have Bordeleau dressed on my 4rth line than Armstrong.

Here's a preview of what he can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwFbUMpvJLU

That being said, what would Colorado be ready to give up for this guy?

To Mtl: Patrick Bordeleau
To Col: Travis Moen+6th

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
So you're trying to sell Moen by saying he hasn't played well on a fourth line for Montreal?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Treb

vCash: 1053
Has been asked often in the past months, Avs always wanted to keep him unless overpayment.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Iracundia

vCash: 15000
Taken a long time to find a guy that can skate, hit and punch. Avs will keep him.

Iracundia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchenyuk4habs

Moen is a greater player than Bordeleau, he might just need a change of scenerie or just some time before he can bounce back. He's your average Light Heavyweight, but Montreal is looking for someone who can take on Chara or Lucic rather than Thornton and Campbell.

Moen Average's around 9goals a season.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
Moen is a greater player than Bordeleau, he might just need a change of scenerie or just some time before he can bounce back. He's your average Light Heavyweight, but Montreal is looking for someone who can take on Chara or Lucic rather than Thornton and Campbell.

More like middleweight who stopped fighting in MTL.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Iracundia

vCash: 15000
Quote:

The role Bordeleau plays is much more valuable than role Moen could play for us. End of story. Thus Bordeleau>>>Moen

Iracundia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
More like middleweight who stopped fighting in MTL.
He's 218lbs and has 2fighting majors in 20games, Moen always fights around 7-9times a season. He was injured last year.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:33 PM
icpuchare

the avs traded parros years ago for a 2nd round pick. i think it would take similar (over)payment to get bordeleau

icpuchare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by landysgod View Post
the avs traded parros years ago for a 2nd round pick. i think it would take similar (over)payment to get bordeleau
I think a 3rd good be reasonable he doesn't have the cred that parros had

Habsfannick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
He's 218lbs and has 2fighting majors in 20games, Moen always fights around 7-9times a season. He was injured last year.
look at the dudes avatar... he dont give a DAMN!

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Superpest
Undrafted Free Agent

Sideofthewater would be a great fit in Montreal.

Superpest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Treb

Quote:
With all the occasion he had, he should have at least 5 fights this year. Still, even if you consider Moen light heavy, he can't take other light heavyweight or hasn't really shown it recently.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:47 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
With all the occasion he had, he should have at least 5 fights this year. Still, even if you consider Moen light heavy, he can't take other light heavyweight or hasn't really shown it recently.
In my grand scheme, I would be keeping Moen for the fourth line with John Scott and one other guy. I know Scott is a defenceman but hear me out. Years ago when Jagr was dominating, the habs would deploy 3 defenceman and 2 forwards to try and contain Jagr. Moen is a good penalty killer and decent middleweight. One other guy who could kill penalties and drop the gloves would finish the line with Moen and Scott. When The fourth line is on the ice Scott completes the triangle in front with the other two defence. The two wingers can either colapse down low or cover the points. When we get a penalty Moen and the other winger help kill the penalties and Scott sits. When their is no penalty the fourth line trys to provide minutes without allowing a goal against. Ideally up to 8-9 minutes. Scotts ice-time would range from the 3-4 now to 5-6. A guy like that would love a roll like that and he would work like a dog to keep it. I'd give him a raise from his 600 thou a year to 800 because his job of protecting our team is invaluable. If it worked out give him an extension for a year or two and we won't have to address this issue for a while. Scott may never have to fight with Chara, Lucic or Thornton again but at least the deterrent is there from running our guys.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I don't think it really matters how many fights he gets in. It's just that when he does it, it's with no real aggression or anger, he is trying to tie the opponent up from the glove drop, he is just fighting out of duty, and the resignation is evident on his face. He might as well not fight, really, his heart is simply not in it. But that would be ok with me... *if* he was playing hard and physical in other ways. I don't see him doing that much either this season. But still, it's a relatively short stretch and he's coming off a lockout and a new contract and all, so maybe he'll get back to normal at some point. He's a solid and useful player when he's on his game. I mean, he's smart and positionally sound and still doing ok and contributing on the PK even now. It's just that with the rest of the Habs personnel and Moen's size and role, it would be nice to be able to count on him for more than that.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Big ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't think it really matters how many fights he gets in. It's just that when he does it, it's with no real aggression or anger, he is trying to tie the opponent up from the glove drop, he is just fighting out of duty, and the resignation is evident on his face. He might as well not fight, really, his heart is simply not in it. But that would be ok with me... *if* he was playing hard and physical in other ways. I don't see him doing that much either this season. But still, it's a relatively short stretch and he's coming off a lockout and a new contract and all, so maybe he'll get back to normal at some point. He's a solid and useful player when he's on his game. I mean, he's smart and positionally sound and still doing ok and contributing on the PK even now. It's just that with the rest of the Habs personnel and Moen's size and role, it would be nice to be able to count on him for more than that.
Every one keeps talkin trash about moen ,if everyone would remember the last couple of years moen would ride shot gun on the top two lines to create space for them . This year it's prust job ! Moen isn't getting quality minutes anymore ! We should get rid of Armstrong he was brought in for toughness ?what joke that is . We got trade for Bordeleau he can play physical or fight if it's needed ! The habs new forth line bordeleau , white , moen ! Players that can play and can fight when needed.

Big ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#NukeDaFoxhole

Agree; Armstrong goes before Moen...Colby hasn't done much this year, except miss a few easy tap-ins.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Agree; Armstrong goes before Moen...Colby hasn't done much this year, except miss a few easy tap-ins.
There is no debate anywhere in Habdom that Armstrong is nearly useless, and below Moen on the depth chart. But that said, I don't see there being much debate that Moen is playing a bit below expectations as well. I don't think he needs to ride shotgun on a higher line like he used to in order to play a more effective physical game. Our 4th line gets pretty decent icetime (and that's partly a result of *NOT* having a pure enforcer in the lineup!), he could be playing better. I wouldn't trade him for an enforcer, that's for sure. I like that our team can roll 4 lines and some nights the 4th line can log 10 minutes, or that guys on the 4th line can be among the top penalty kill forwards, it keeps the other guys fresher.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote