HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part V - The Countdown

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 04:32 PM
BeerLeagueAllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm502 View Post
one thing I noticed is a lot of the time he is hesitant to pin a guy against the boards and battle for the puck in the defensive zone, he just kind of trails them and tries to make a steal with his stick. The dude has got to be a little more aggressive in the defensive zone.

I thought his skating looked pretty smooth at times today, something that never stood out to me before.
Those were my impressions as well, hopefully as he gets stronger he will become more aggressive. But a good skater and very good at moving the puck, for certain.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:03 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
I was just reading his bio on redwingscentral before I read your post. In his weaknesses it reads "Finesse player who is not even remotely physical — he has been credited with almost no hits in Swedish Elite League play"
The Fading Captain is going to hate him.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:04 PM
TNigs

I'm 99% sure it went in off his skate, one view from ice level showed it. And his celebration told me anyways, that it went off him.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:10 PM
joe89

Quote:
I was just reading his bio on redwingscentral before I read your post. In his weaknesses it reads "Finesse player who is not even remotely physical — he has been credited with almost no hits in Swedish Elite League play"
This quote has been brought up before and I couldn't agree less. I find nothing flashy(or finesse) about his game. He takes the puck and delivers a good pass 95% of the time. I see him as a defense first player with good offensive instincts, a prototypical two-way D. In many ways a lesser version of Jonas Brodin. Physical? No. Plays the body when needed? Yes. He's probably always gonna be on the lanky side and have reach as a bigger advantage than sheer size.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:14 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
5 hits in 52 games

But honestly I think he's clearly been more physical and aggressive this year compared to the year before.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:50 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
It will be Lidstrom all over again.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
He was a +3 while they gave up four even strenght goals. 22:22 icetime and played on the 2nd PP unit.
Awesome. Let's see him get some top PP unit minutes next year. Maybe that will be all it takes for him to lead all SEL dmen in scoring.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:13 PM
RedWingsNow*

Quote:
It will be Lidstrom all over again.
I never hated Lidstrom.

I just sounded like I did to people who thought he was still God at 39 years old

Old
03-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Xvash2

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I think it end sup depending on his injury status. Instead of taking a bunch of time off from now to the WC I think he would be better suited in the AHL. The Griffins look stacked, if Jarnkrok comes over they would be nasty.

Nyquist Jarnkrok Tatar would be devastating
I send out my skilled power forwards against this line and I guarantee they're all bruised or bloody by the end of the game. 5'11"- 5'11" - 5'10" is a small and outsized combination.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvash2 View Post
I send out my skilled power forwards against this line and I guarantee they're all bruised or bloody by the end of the game. 5'11"- 5'11" - 5'10" is a small and outsized combination.
Filppula-Z-Hudler... They'd play keep-away with your power forward line.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:06 PM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRWCC

Quote:
This whole size thing is getting a little over the top. First of all, skilled power forwards don't grow on trees. Second of all, try catching them when they run circles around your forwards. Sure they'll throw some big hits on the kids but they're gonna be stuck in the defensive zone all day against the kids.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:20 PM
newfy

Quote:
Theres no such thing as a skilled powerforward in the AHL lol. If theyre skilled at all they play in the NHL if they can fight and hit

Old
03-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Jussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Well the Griffins really haven't had this kind of team to consider this move with lately also.

I think it comes down to roles and overall health. See no benefit in having him sit around for a month unless he is hurt. Especially not if all Jarnkrok gets is a third or fourth line role at the WC. Will he get a top 6 role with team Sweden? He can play top 6 minutes and adjust to NA hockey, while playing on a Calder Cup favorite and learning to play with a lot of his future teammates. This isn't like he would be on a line of vets getting it done in the AHL, while GR's vets have been pretty good, Jarnkrok would likely team up with guys that have a future in the organization as those are the players really driving the run down there.
He wouldn't have to. Finnish and Swedish national team camps for the Worlds usually start after the first playoff rounds are over. I don't know about Sweden's schedule but for example Finland play two games against Denmark on the week after Easter and two games against Norway the following week.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
He wouldn't have to. Finnish and Swedish national team camps for the Worlds usually start after the first playoff rounds are over. I don't know about Sweden's schedule but for example Finland play two games against Denmark on the week after Easter and two games against Norway the following week.
Practice and exhibition games versus real NA games, which is what his immediate future is. Still think it makes all the sense in the world to bring him over right now.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:57 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:
Yeah, because AHL teams are stacked with entire lines of skilled power forwards.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:59 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
April 1.

Will be interesting to see if there's any official word one of these days.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:00 PM
BeersHockey

A little off topic for this thread, but is there a thread for the draft - i.e. guys we want the Wings to draft (not Seth Jones etc., but guys we maybe can actually get with our first, or later rounds)?

Old
03-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Jurky
Rotting in purgatory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeersHockey View Post
A little off topic for this thread, but is there a thread for the draft - i.e. guys we want the Wings to draft (not Seth Jones etc., but guys we maybe can actually get with our first, or later rounds)?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1314501

Old
03-19-2013, 09:18 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
Thanks.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:21 AM
Zorin

Send a message via ICQ to Zorin
Quote:
Yup. Worked pretty awesome for other teams against Datsyuk (5'11''), Hull (5'11'') and Zettererberg (6'). Or Z/Dats/Homer (6') and so on.

And I'd say the skilled PFs are much more common in NHL then AHL.

Regarding Bäckmann: He may not be a bruiser but I guess there would have been a lot of "he has to be more physical"-talk about Lidström in, like, 91 as well, had the internet been as much used as today.

He most likely will not be the next Lidström. But Nick showed that you CAN succeed in the NHL without too physical play. And a lot of reports seem to hint to Bäckmann being a lesser version of St.Nick. But pretty similar stylewise.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:07 AM
ChadS

De Haas with a goal and assist + 2nd star in Penticton's 5-1 win to sweep the series. He has 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 playoff games.

----

Pulkkinen and Jokerit begin their playoff run today. The series is against Lukko (10th in the regular season).

Old
03-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
Regarding Bäckmann: He may not be a bruiser but I guess there would have been a lot of "he has to be more physical"-talk about Lidström in, like, 91 as well, had the internet been as much used as today.

He most likely will not be the next Lidström. But Nick showed that you CAN succeed in the NHL without too physical play. And a lot of reports seem to hint to Bäckmann being a lesser version of St.Nick. But pretty similar stylewise.
Plus Backman is just about 6'3" so it's not like he's Almqvist sized. Once he fills out he'll be able to hold his own just fine. The other nice thing about Lids is that he was never injured. I'd guess a big part of why he almost never missed a game is because he wasn't running around trying to put guys through the boards.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Run the Jewels

http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/...-you-win-with/

Here's the latest update from RWC. Callahan gets credit for being more than a fighter, while McKee gets taken to task for sitting in the penalty box while the opposition scores three goals against his team. Matt also opines on whether Nick Jensen will stick around for his final year of college. Best quote is Blashill saying Mitchell is realgood.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:37 AM
joe89

A coach admitting he was wrong about a player. A bit of fresh air if you ask me.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:41 AM
cjm502
#FireHolland

I hope Callahan gets some call ups next year or the year after, hes a real exciting player who could bring some energy to the lineup and kill off some penalties. Like Blashill said, “Mitch is the type of player you win with,”.

Closed Thread