HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Best Fighter/Enforcer in the league??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2013, 11:56 PM
  #201
GenericFan2*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Whoever lands more punches usually wins, and/or the better quality of the punches. Facial damage is irrelevant because some players get cut or bruised easily than other players.



Watch this video for an example.
It's circumstantial, that doesn't mean facial damage is irrelevant.

In a fight where one fighter gets more punches in, and does more damage to the face/draws blood, he is the winner. Its not like Orr only got a few in and bloodied Engelland.

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:11 AM
  #202
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell
 
JustGivingEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,066
vCash: 50
He's been mentioned, but I'm a Homer here to say to watch Peluso over the next little while. He's only fought twice this year (two decisive wins) and he suffered an injury in his second (speculated to be a broken hand) but he's looked great so far in his fights. Can't wait to see him drop the mitts for the Jets some more in the future.



JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:33 AM
  #203
CanucksRollin
Canadagold2014!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 500
I would say Rypien if he were still around but maybe Lucic?

CanucksRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:45 AM
  #204
fireworks
Registered User
 
fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bobcaygeon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Yup. Rick Tocchet, Wendel Clark and Cam Neely are some of my favourite power-forwards.
Big fan of all of the above...obviously

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:50 AM
  #205
dannyboy8920
Registered User
 
dannyboy8920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
Today says you're wrong
He did step up, i will give him that.

On a clean hit none-the-less.

My post still stands, for the past though.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:54 AM
  #206
IAmBobo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Deryk Engelland gets cut/bruised easily. Facial damage is irrelevant.
what the ****? LOL

IAmBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:32 AM
  #207
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie Sven Opossum View Post
lol. Let me get this straight. In a fight if damage is limited to the face it doesn't count, and the fight is a draw? I mean the face is a pretty popular target in a hockey fight, wouldn't you say? Sounds like a rationalization to me... Truth is, the person who does the most damage wins.
Blood doesnt mean one guy has more damage necessarily. A guys nose could be bleeding but the other guy could have 10 goose eggs under his hair or on his face that you cant really see on the broadcast. Seeing blood definitely doesnt automatically mean more damage/win

newfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:01 PM
  #208
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
He has fought more then 1 heavy, but Rinaldo is more then just a "fighter", or rather has a different role. He is out there too hit, draw penalties, piss people off, just a energy guy. Can he fight? I think so. He is nowhere NEAR a heavy, but if someone takes exception to something he does, he will fight if he needs too. As long as it is beneficial to his team.He is getting smarter about when too fight, and when too skate away, which is a HUGE asset for him and the Flyers as well. Or rather should be, but the Flyers cant score on the pp or anyother time ......
like who?

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:59 PM
  #209
Stranger Danger
the
 
Stranger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lanc. PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
like who?
Sestitio x3 Mike Brown, Konopka x2 Prust x2. All names from this very list, so take it for what you will.


Last edited by Stranger Danger: 03-10-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:16 PM
  #210
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
Sestitio x3 Mike Brown, Konopka x2 Prust x2. All names from this very list, so take it for what you will.
Brown: middleweight
Konopka: Light heavy size with middleweight ability
Prust: middleweight
Sestito 1x: heavyweight who's not good

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:34 PM
  #211
Stranger Danger
the
 
Stranger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lanc. PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
However you classify them, I think I've proven my point that he will drop them with just about anyone, and has.

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:37 PM
  #212
bruins repeat time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: burlington ont canad
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
i hate to bring up tootoo again because i actually i have mad respect for him but heres his fight card last 3 yrs -----brown dorsett begin dillion nystrom boll 2012- bollig mcleod fistrick dorsett volpatti 2011-wilson boll avery stoner Now i dont see any super heavys in there ---bollig obviously is a heavyweight and he absolutely destroyed him. boll is a light heavy and good scrapper. Do you notice any names missing ?? kassian scott orr lucic etc Now i dont think tootoo is scared but why would he scrap these guys if he doesnt have too. They dont want to beat on him unless hes right out of contol as well. I fail to see how these fight cards are drastically different from rinaldos especially considering even if you call rinaldo 180 tootoo has 20 lbs on him . I do find tootoo has a few less softies but not a huge huge difference.

bruins repeat time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:39 PM
  #213
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
However you classify them, I think I've proven my point that he will drop them with just about anyone, and has.
lol you proven nothing. you just proven that Rinaldo will not fight with anyone......... Where are the Mcgrattan, Orr and all the other legit heavyweight on your list?

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:41 PM
  #214
bruins repeat time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: burlington ont canad
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
And Ill repeat this all started because a guy said rinaldo was SCARED to fight big hw not zac doesnt have a bunch of heavys on his card.

bruins repeat time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:43 PM
  #215
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
i hate to bring up tootoo again because i actually i have mad respect for him but heres his fight card last 3 yrs -----brown dorsett begin dillion nystrom boll 2012- bollig mcleod fistrick dorsett volpatti 2011-wilson boll avery stoner Now i dont see any super heavys in there ---bollig obviously is a heavyweight and he absolutely destroyed him. boll is a light heavy and good scrapper. Do you notice any names missing ?? kassian scott orr lucic etc Now i dont think tootoo is scared but why would he scrap these guys if he doesnt have too. They dont want to beat on him unless hes right out of contol as well. I fail to see how these fight cards are drastically different from rinaldos especially considering even if you call rinaldo 180 tootoo has 20 lbs on him . I do find tootoo has a few less softies but not a huge huge difference.
The difference between Tootoo and Rinaldo is that Tootoo usually win again middleweight while Rinaldo struggle again them ( last year)

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:49 PM
  #216
Stranger Danger
the
 
Stranger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lanc. PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
lol you proven nothing. you just proven that Rinaldo will not fight with anyone......... Where are the Mcgrattan, Orr and all the other legit heavyweight on your list?
So now it's "legit heavyweights"? He was a rookie last year, give him time. And I stand by my statement that Rinaldo fears no one, you have no evidence to support your claim. I have given you quite a few to prove mine.

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:00 PM
  #217
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
So now it's "legit heavyweights"? He was a rookie last year, give him time. And I stand by my statement that Rinaldo fears no one, you have no evidence to support your claim. I have given you quite a few to prove mine.
you are the one who have no evidence to support what you said, not me. And Rinaldo have now 3 years under is belt in the pro, he could have fighted a heavyweight easy if he wanted........

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:01 PM
  #218
bruins repeat time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: burlington ont canad
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
Well in the last 3 years tootoo is getting beatin by browns bolls obviously bollig out of his league . I dont see many impressive wins . Now im not saying tootoo isnt a little better overall w-l against quality opponents but 20lbs is a lot. However at least i think you kind of admitted their fight cards arent that different. Being a bruin fan i see every bruin game on tv the last 10 yrs obviously zac has more games but ive seen him fight thornton campbell and horton---probably did better against horton than anyone ive seen. Tootoo I dont remember fighting any bruins and if he did i know it wasnt one of the current big 4 which is obviously chara lucic thornton mcquaid

bruins repeat time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:05 PM
  #219
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
Well in the last 3 years tootoo is getting beatin by browns bolls obviously bollig out of his league . I dont see many impressive wins . Now im not saying tootoo isnt a little better overall w-l against quality opponents but 20lbs is a lot. However at least i think you kind of admitted there fight cards arent that different. Being a bruin fan i see every bruin game on tv the last 10 yrs obviously zac has more games but ive seen him fight thornton campbell and horton---probably did better against horton than anyone ive seen. Tootoo I dont remember fighting any bruins and if he did i know it wasnt one of the current big 4.
no, their fight card aren't different. Did I claim that Tootoo can fight anyone?

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:09 PM
  #220
Stranger Danger
the
 
Stranger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lanc. PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
you are the one who have no evidence to support what you said, not me. And Rinaldo have now 3 years under is belt in the pro, he could have fighted a heavyweight easy if he wanted........
Thorton, Sestito 3 times................... Rinaldo was a rookie in 11-12, so this is his 2nd year.

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:09 PM
  #221
bruins repeat time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: burlington ont canad
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
In actual words no but when you attack everything i say and you suport tootoo everywhere I guess I made an assumption.

bruins repeat time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:11 PM
  #222
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
So now it's "legit heavyweights"? He was a rookie last year, give him time. And I stand by my statement that Rinaldo fears no one, you have no evidence to support your claim. I have given you quite a few to prove mine.
If he did not fear to fight any player, then he would have accepted Engelland's, Peluso's and Brown's (his weightclass) challenge when the time to fight was right.

Fighting a few light-heavyweights does not mean he is not a spot-picker. He is similar to Dan Carcillo. He will occasionally accept a challenge from a legit fighter, but the majority of the time he will pick his spots and refuse fights with the tougher players.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:13 PM
  #223
bruins repeat time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: burlington ont canad
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
Well I actually flat out hate carcillo but pound for pound i would put him on the list as very good as well so flame away lol.

bruins repeat time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:15 PM
  #224
Stranger Danger
the
 
Stranger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lanc. PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
If he did not fear to fight any player, then he would have accepted Engelland's, Peluso's and Brown's (his weightclass) challenge when the time to fight was right.

Fighting a few light-heavyweights does not mean he is not a spot-picker. He is similar to Dan Carcillo. He will occasionally accept a challenge from a legit fighter, but the majority of the time he will pick his spots and refuse fights with the tougher players.
He fought Brown.... and lost Maybe I'm not wording this right, I'm not saying he will fight anyone at anytime. I'm saying he isn't afraid too, thats all. Can you admit that there could be other reasons for a player not too fight (coach, score of the game)? Rinaldo has been under a microscope from the officials, and has had flat out crazy penalties called against him. So he has had too turn the volume down a little. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we shall see otherwise.

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:17 PM
  #225
bruins repeat time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: burlington ont canad
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
michigan wolverines is tootoo a spot picker? And if he is which he seems to fit your standards not mine Who isnt a spot picker thats small in the nhl today since janssens is the only small guy i remember in last few years who fights anyone.

bruins repeat time is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.