HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Dorsett (Fractured Clavicle) Out for Season

Old
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

vCash: 500
Dorsett (Fractured Clavicle) Out for Season

"@Aportzline #CBJ RW Derek Dorsett will miss the rest of the season with a fractured clavicle."

The Four Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:23 PM
MFRONE

I hope Boll goes after the guy on Vancouver who delivered the hit on Dorse on Tuesday.

Yes it was a clean play, but I just hate seeing someone come in and blast a guy going full speed right at the goal post. You know the guy isn't looking, the puck/running into the goalpost/running into the goalie are all on his mind, so it's just uncalled for.

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Damn. Poor Dorse. Knew it had to be serious to keep him out of the game but damn.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
alphafox

Sucks for Dorse. On a positive note given the specific rules of the Blue Jackets IR we should be able to get Dubi back now that Dorse has taken up long term IR status.

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
It does suck for a player who gives his his heart every night but the good news is that it's a short season....

Relax for six months Dorse and be ready for a playoff run when you return.... you can still work out on your lower body... be in shape because we are going to need you. Pull a few cars over the ice as Nathsn Gerbe did when a kid and your thighs will rule!!!!

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:59 PM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
I hope Boll goes after the guy on Vancouver who delivered the hit on Dorse on Tuesday.

Yes it was a clean play, but I just hate seeing someone come in and blast a guy going full speed right at the goal post. You know the guy isn't looking, the puck/running into the goalpost/running into the goalie are all on his mind, so it's just uncalled for.
Clean play??? It was a shot to the head, blindside hit and could have been a charge, what's clean about that?

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
It does suck for a player who gives his his heart every night but the good news is that it's a short season....

Relax for six months Dorse and be ready for a playoff run when you return.... you can still work out on your lower body... be in shape because we are going to need you. Pull a few cars over the ice as Nathsn Gerbe did when a kid and your thighs will rule!!!!
Great advice actually.

Terrible to see this kind of thing happen to a truly good guy. Hope for a speedy recovery, DD.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Too bad for Dorse. He was playing well this season.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:20 AM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Too bad for Dorse. I'd like to see Dubinsky with Vinny and Test Tube.

03-08-2013, 12:50 AM
FANonymous

wow.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:14 AM
jackets4life
Nosebleed Native

vCash: 883
Damn, hate to hear this. Get better soon, Dorse.

jackets4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

The team's definitely going to miss his grit. Who do you think they'll call up? I'd like to see Cody Bass to get another chance.

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:43 AM
blahblah

Too bad for Dorse.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Xoggz22

I don't think anyone comes up. I think Dubinsky comes back this weekend which would give them the extra body. I was liking that 3rd line though. Finally have Dorsett in the spot most suited for his play. Grit, 2-way, agitate, heart.... going to miss it. Slide Dubinsky into the 3rd line C and move Letestu to wing? Or they could drop Calvert down to play with Letestu and Prospal and put Dubinsky on the wing with Anisimov and Atkinson. That would be a good line to see too.

Xoggz22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

I'm imagining Dorse as going stir-crazy being out of action that long.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Kev22

He plays very hard, the kind of player you want going forward, but this is not really a game changer for the Jackets. Dorsett is what he is, he's a third line forward at his best. This will affect the PK, however Dubinsky coming back reduces the impact. Feel sorry for him and hope he recovers well.

Kev22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I don't think anyone comes up. I think Dubinsky comes back this weekend which would give them the extra body. I was liking that 3rd line though. Finally have Dorsett in the spot most suited for his play. Grit, 2-way, agitate, heart.... going to miss it. Slide Dubinsky into the 3rd line C and move Letestu to wing? Or they could drop Calvert down to play with Letestu and Prospal and put Dubinsky on the wing with Anisimov and Atkinson. That would be a good line to see too.
That 3rd line was putting up the most points in the last 8 games or so... I'd keep Test tube and vinny together like you said.

jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:47 PM
roach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
Clean play??? It was a shot to the head, blindside hit and could have been a charge, what's clean about that?
When you're perpendicular to the goaltender, there is no "blindside" hit. He was skating directly at Schneider.

It was a shoulder on shoulder hit, during the hit Dorsett's shoulder buckled (or broke, whichever you prefer to use) to the point where his head inevitably got hit (subtly) by Alberts shoulder.

That hit was not a charge in any way whatsoever, as I'm sure most CBJ fans can attest. Surely you've seen charges?

Alberts hit on Dorsett was just a hockey play, they're skating PARALLEL to each other (which eliminates the possibility of a charge). If you've played hockey before you would know that when you're bullrushing a goalie, you're going to get hit by the d-man who is not covering you... it happened to Booth about 2 times in that game alone, Dorsett's hit was just unfortunate enough to result in a fracture.

Come on now, Alberts isn't a dirty player and that was one of the cleaner hits I've seen this year.

I wish Dorsett a speedy recovery. I broke my clavicle once and it only took about 2.5 months to fully heal up, another half month til I felt game ready... so most likely he is in fact done for the season but if you guys somehow wind up in the post-season, wouldn't be surprised if he's back. He'll be back 100% anyway (I haven't read he needs surgery, so it's likely a clean break, which is good for him).

Cheers all and good game last night.

roach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:50 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
When you're perpendicular to the goaltender, there is no "blindside" hit. He was skating directly at Schneider.

It was a shoulder on shoulder hit, during the hit Dorsett's shoulder buckled (or broke, whichever you prefer to use) to the point where his head inevitably got hit (subtly) by Alberts shoulder.

That hit was not a charge in any way whatsoever, as I'm sure most CBJ fans can attest. Surely you've seen charges?

Alberts hit on Dorsett was just a hockey play, they're skating PARALLEL to each other (which eliminates the possibility of a charge). If you've played hockey before you would know that when you're bullrushing a goalie, you're going to get hit by the d-man who is not covering you... it happened to Booth about 2 times in that game alone, Dorsett's hit was just unfortunate enough to result in a fracture.

Come on now, Alberts isn't a dirty player and that was one of the cleaner hits I've seen this year.

I wish Dorsett a speedy recovery. I broke my clavicle once and it only took about 2.5 months to fully heal up, another half month til I felt game ready... so most likely he is in fact done for the season but if you guys somehow wind up in the post-season, wouldn't be surprised if he's back. He'll be back 100% anyway (I haven't read he needs surgery, so it's likely a clean break, which is good for him).

Cheers all and good game last night.
I thought it was a clean hit.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i did too

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:29 PM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

Another top-6 forward down. Too bad, as I was looking forward to him and Tootoo going at it this weekend.

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Tough break, Dorse - good luck on a full recovery.

We now know at least one player who won't be dealt at the deadline.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I really didn't think of it as clean or dirty. I just thought it was one of those unfortunate things that happen in a game where guys are moving very fast and sometimes come together.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

I had watch it after I got home from the game last night. It was a clean hit.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:14 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Drazenovic already called up. Either he or Gillies will sit in the PB. Unless another forward went down.

scoob4093 is offline   Reply With Quote