HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mike Fisher to Van

Old
03-07-2013, 03:41 AM
ohnoeszz

vCash: 500
Mike Fisher to Van

If Nashville slips further out of the playoff race, what does it take to get Fisher over the border?

A few offers to get the ball rolling....

Schroeder for Fisher

2nd, Rodin for Fisher

Ballard for Fisher

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:47 AM
biturbo19

I love Fisher as a player, but i don't see how that works, at all.

a)Carrie Underwood.

b)Fisher is like an older version of Kesler-lite.

c)That salary would be extremely tough to fit into the future, north of $4M.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 03:51 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Meh:

- Not a fan of the contract, especially with where we are headed (Need to dump salary in the offseason)

- Price is something we likely wouldn't have a ton of interest in doing. (Not a fan of dealing Schroeder, or our 1st this year, or a prospect like Jensen or Gaunce)

- Aside from that he has a NTC, which I don't see him waiving unless he gets a divorce for some strange reason.

I would look into Legwand before Fisher. But his contract also isn't great.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:14 AM
Spectrefire

As a player, he'd be a perfect fit for us as a third line center.

His contract however, doesn't work at all.

Spectrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:55 AM
ohnoeszz

Can anyone provide a link with all the marital information on hockey players like spousal location and number of children? I really need to keep up to date with the relationships of upcoming ufas with the trade deadline approaching.

Seriously though, we all see a defensive 3C as a need. A guy capable of filling in for a reckless Kesler would be nice as well.

Ballard, Booth and Louongo are all candidates to be moved for cap relief in the offseason or perhaps sooner. I can't run any numbers from my phone but I believe it is possible to add Fisher this season, perhaps moving Ballard for a cheaper RD to make a little cap space, and jettison Booth in the offseason for picks with Jensen taking his roster spot. Luongo gets moved for futures to more than replace what we spend to get Fisher, and that provides space to resign Raymond and Higgins.

Gaunce could be years away from a third line role. 4.25 a year is a lot for a 3rd line C but when your 2nd line C is constantly accumulating various injuries that depth is vital.

Moving Schroeder for Fisher makes the Canucks better over the next two years. I think Schroeder can improve still and has untapped offensive upside, but he doesn't have a place on the Canucks, who need a defensive center.

I would also move a 2014 1st for Fisher, for those of you hung up on losing Schroeder (still think he is expendable).

Old
03-07-2013, 04:58 AM
Superpest
Undrafted Free Agent

If the Canucks played in Merritt, maybe Carrie Underwood would make the move.

Superpest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:02 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
Can anyone provide a link with all the marital information on hockey players like spousal location and number of children? I really need to keep up to date with the relationships of upcoming ufas with the trade deadline approaching.

Seriously though, we all see a defensive 3C as a need. A guy capable of filling in for a reckless Kesler would be nice as well.

Ballard, Booth and Louongo are all candidates to be moved for cap relief in the offseason or perhaps sooner. I can't run any numbers from my phone but I believe it is possible to add Fisher this season, perhaps moving Ballard for a cheaper RD to make a little cap space, and jettison Booth in the offseason for picks with Jensen taking his roster spot. Luongo gets moved for futures to more than replace what we spend to get Fisher, and that provides space to resign Raymond and Higgins.

Gaunce could be years away from a third line role. 4.25 a year is a lot for a 3rd line C but when your 2nd line C is constantly accumulating various injuries that depth is vital.

Moving Schroeder for Fisher makes the Canucks better over the next two years. I think Schroeder can improve still and has untapped offensive upside, but he doesn't have a place on the Canucks, who need a defensive center.

I would also move a 2014 1st for Fisher, for those of you hung up on losing Schroeder (still think he is expendable).
The issue is that he doesn't offer anything different from what Kesler does. He's not a natural playmaking center, he's not a consistent offensive player, he's another RHS centerman. He's not a guy who is going to anchor a 2nd PP unit. And he's expensive cap wise, and if there was some bizarre reason he was actually moveable...he's not going to be cheap to acquire.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 06:37 AM
ohnoeszz

But we need more of what Kesler offers. Look at Henriks faceoff numbers and zone starts. Plus Even with Kesler healthy we have been looking for a C that doesn't force us to use him in a shutdown role (hence pahlson).

He doesn't anchor the PP but he can anchor a defensive third line that would allow the Sedins to double shift the powerplay. He also can help prevent Kesler from overworking and getting injured again.

I had thought he would be difficult to acquire but Preds fans seem to be open to the idea given the state of the team(1st round pick price). Who knows about the ntc but his cap hit can be managed for one year. He would still be movable in the offseason for nearly the same price if it came to that.

Ideally, we can find a 3c that is a lefty but I think Fisher is pretty close to a perfect fit for what this team needs in its forward corps (they need an offensive winger to pair with Kesler as well but I think Jensen will fill that role from within the organization).

Old
03-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Never going to happen. Fisher has a no move clause. He's extremely active in the community and his wife is based out of Nashville.

Fisher also has a healthy AAV, VAN isn't in a great cap situation, and he's not exactly killing it lately on the ice. Not sure why you want this. I'd go for Nick Spaling because of his sick two-way play (sick being applied more to the defensive side), plays center, and light cap hit (~$1M AAV, expires at end of season) before Fisher.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Master Radishes

Rodin + 2nd is the new Ballard + Raymond + 1st, isn't it?

Master Radishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:42 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Yeah, based on that NMC, I don't see him going.

But if he'd waive it for whatever reason, I'd take a 2nd straight up personally.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:53 AM
BrawlFan

Fish is gonna play in Nashville period. I knew he was going to go there after his time in Ottawa. He aint leaving.

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Domino11

Montreal offer for fisher

Kaberle + Leblanc + 3 round vs fisher

Kaberle is only for cap issue !

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

He's not going anywhere.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:56 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Montreal offer for fisher

Kaberle + Leblanc + 3 round vs fisher

Kaberle is only for cap issue !
Actually not too bad, but with that extra year on Kaberle, it's pretty scary.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:38 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Fisher is going nowhere, besides I thought Schroeder was very highly regarded up there?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Would I accept Schroeder straight up? Yes.

Would Fisher waive his NTC? No.

I would also take a cap dump back, especially if it's a 1 or 2 year deal.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:49 AM
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Fisher is going nowhere, besides I thought Schroeder was very highly regarded up there?
He is.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Actually not too bad, but with that extra year on Kaberle, it's pretty scary.
Kaberle isn't that bad .. Is salary is 4.25 only 1 year left , when he played this year he wasn't good but wasn't bad he didn't cost us any goal or big turnover .. He was ok and maybe he would surprise people .. His first pass was good and he took the puck out of our zone easily and quickly, if it wasn't is salary I would defenetly keep him in mtl as a 6 dman !! Even do fisher is better he still have 2 more year at 4.2 witch for mtl is a lot since we will be tight with the cap !!

I think it a good deal ... But I don't know if fisher will move is NTC for mtl !! Only god knows

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:58 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
As others have said, Nashville is where he wants to be. The only possible scenario I could see him waiving it would be in the (very) unlikely event that he split up with Carrie, he might waive to come back to Ottawa. Ottawa did a very classy thing by accepting less to trade him where he wanted to be. I don't see Fish ever in another NHL uniform other than Nashville or Ottawa. Not gonna happen.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Never going to happen. Fisher has a no move clause. He's extremely active in the community and his wife is based out of Nashville.

Fisher also has a healthy AAV, VAN isn't in a great cap situation, and he's not exactly killing it lately on the ice. Not sure why you want this. I'd go for Nick Spaling because of his sick two-way play (sick being applied more to the defensive side), plays center, and light cap hit (~$1M AAV, expires at end of season) before Fisher.
Just wanted to point out that Fisher would be active in any community in which he called his professional home. Fisher is the ultimate team guy and I wouldn't rule out him finishing his career somewhere other than Nashville, even by way of a trade.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
If Nashville slips further out of the playoff race, what does it take to get Fisher over the border?

A few offers to get the ball rolling....

Schroeder for Fisher

2nd, Rodin for Fisher

Ballard for Fisher
Done from Vancouvers point of view.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post

Alright whats the price for Spaling? Sounds like he might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
He is, I'm not really interested in a 1 for 1 swap.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:10 PM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Done from Vancouvers point of view.
good thing there are 2 teams

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:13 PM